Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Team vs Palace

Chris O Grady is travelling up with the squad tomorrow. ;)

He scored a good goal yesterday, but he hasn't exactly set League Two alight!

He offers another option, but nothing any better than we have already.

Chris O Grady is travelling up with the squad tomorrow. ;)

in which case

-------------------Henderson-------------------

Stearman----McCarthy------N-EJ---Sheehan

---------Hughes----Joey----Williams----------

---------------------Smith----------------------

-----------------Hume----Elvis-----------------

subs

Douglas, Maybury, Hammil, MdV, O'Grady

Henderson

Stearman

McCarthy

Gerrbrand

Maybury

Hammond

Williams

Joey

Hughes

Smith

Hume

SPOT ON Muz ! except I would have Smith on the left and MDV ( sorry not ideal but he can hold the ball up) up front not that I don't rate Hughes I think he is a class act but IMO he his a little short of fitness still and it would be unfaire for Joey to make way for him

SPOT ON Muz ! except I would have Smith on the left and MDV ( sorry not ideal but he can hold the ball up) up front not that I don't rate Hughes I think he is a class act but IMO he his a little short of fitness still and it would be unfaire for Joey to make way for him

I disagree.

I think that he fails to use his considerable size and strength to his advantage, he's not very good at holding the ball up.. in my opinion.

I disagree.

I think that he fails to use his considerable size and strength to his advantage, he's not very good at holding the ball up.. in my opinion.

Now I come to think about it TPH your right, he could use his size a bit better

Now I come to think about it TPH your right, he could use his size a bit better

I find it hard to criticise MdV too much, he's just trying to do his job to the best of his abilities.

The fact is that his abilities are limited and he's just probably not really up to it, especially when utilised as a lone striker. We have seen good performances from him (like at Charlton last year in the cup)...

He doesn't offer a lot.. he fails to get the most out of his assets, which are namely:

- size

- strength

- good touch for a big man

And unfortunately:

- his finishing is fairly poor.

- he rarely creates his own chances.

- his heading is woeful

- when he comes up against a decent defender, he's just not in the game.

I find it hard to criticise MdV too much, he's just trying to do his job to the best of his abilities.

The fact is that his abilities are limited and he's just probably not really up to it, especially when utilised as a lone striker. We have seen good performances from him (like at Charlton last year in the cup)...

He doesn't offer a lot.. he fails to get the most out of his assets, which are namely:

- size

- strength

- good touch for a big man

And unfortunately:

- his finishing is fairly poor.

- he rarely creates his own chances.

- his heading is woeful

- when he comes up against a decent defender, he's just not in the game.

Ok Ok Don't rub my face in it (Ha Ha) lol so pick me a player to fill the gap as I would still like to have Hammond on the wing

Ok Ok Don't rub my face in it (Ha Ha) lol so pick me a player to fill the gap as I would still like to have Hammond on the wing

Difficult choice.

I'd like to see Hammond given a few goes on the wing due to the indifferent form of Sylla and Hammond's lack of goals up front.

Hume is a definite starter for me.

I might even be tempted by a 4 - 5 - 1 ish formation, with Hume as the lone striker, and Hammond and Smith on the two flanks getting forwards to join him.

Williams, Gudjonsson and Hughes (if now fully match fit) in the middle.

Kisnorbo on the bench.

Difficult choice.

I'd like to see Hammond given a few goes on the wing due to the indifferent form of Sylla and Hammond's lack of goals up front.

Hume is a definite starter for me.

I might even be tempted by a 4 - 5 - 1 ish formation, with Hume as the lone striker, and Hammond and Smith on the two flanks getting forwards to join him.

Williams, Gudjonsson and Hughes (if now fully match fit) in the middle.

Kisnorbo on the bench.

So I suppose I would play...

Henderson

Maybury Gerrbrand McCarthy Sheehan

Hughes Williams Gudjonsson

Hammond Smith

Hume.

So I suppose I would play...

Henderson

Maybury Gerrbrand McCarthy Sheehan

Hughes Williams Gudjonsson

Hammond Smith

Hume.

Good call, except I will stand by my first post on this subject I still think Hughes is lacking fitness and my only other concern is Hume's lack of height, but having said that with 5 in the midfield we should be working the ball through and not playing "Hoof footbal"l where you need a big man to get on the end of it

Good call, except I will stand by my first post on this subject I still think Hughes is lacking fitness and my only other concern is Hume's lack of height, but having said that with 5 in the midfield we should be working the ball through and not playing "Hoof footbal"l where you need a big man to get on the end of it

I was tempted to stick in Stearman at centre back alongside McCarthy as a couple of people on here who's opinions I respect have mentioned that Gerrbrand hasn't been at his best recently. Could it be that as an almost everpresent recently, he's played a few too many games?

We haven't had a red card for a bit.

I reckon we might get one tomorrow, especially with Tiatto in contention. Maybury is about due another stupid outburst too.

The next person in our team to get sent off will be Joey, trust me im good at this sort of thing. ;)

lol, it does seem like we are expecting another red card, and if Tiatto is in the picture, then sure enough another suspension will be on the cards (no pun or anything lol).

Sadly lads/las's it does seem that we will be getting beaten by high-flying Palace tommorow. If we were at home, then you could almost put your house on City (knowing their crap against crap, good against good style of play) but away, we are not a good team (which was the opposite scenario with Mickey Adams) still, we did it at Watford.... I just dont know, maybe we will all just give up on predicting what City do, or whether Levein gets lucky.

There is a part of me which sometimes thinks 'well we are doing badly, but another loss (probably tommorow) and it will get more and more likely that Levein will leave in whichever way' which I, along with some LCFC fans who have stood up and realised that it isnt good enough, would love to see. However, yesterday against Norwich, when it was about the 85th minute and we were 1-0 down, I really did feel sick and on the verge of tears almost... I still found enough strength to stand up and chant 'I'M LEICESTER TILL I DIE' in the kop though :rolleyes:

lol, it does seem like we are expecting another red card, and if Tiatto is in the picture, then sure enough another suspension will be on the cards (no pun or anything lol).

Sadly lads/las's it does seem that we will be getting beaten by high-flying Palace tommorow. If we were at home, then you could almost put your house on City (knowing their crap against crap, good against good style of play) but away, we are not a good team (which was the opposite scenario with Mickey Adams) still, we did it at Watford.... I just dont know, maybe we will all just give up on predicting what City do, or whether Levein gets lucky.

There is a part of me which sometimes thinks 'well we are doing badly, but another loss (probably tommorow) and it will get more and more likely that Levein will leave in whichever way' which I, along with some LCFC fans who have stood up and realised that it isnt good enough, would love to see. However, yesterday against Norwich, when it was about the 85th minute and we were 1-0 down, I really did feel sick and on the verge of tears almost... I still found enough strength to stand up and chant 'I'M LEICESTER TILL I DIE' in the kop though :rolleyes:

Good on you Kiddo!, so did I and it's what we all must do every match we attend regardless of who the manager is or what our league position is whether its at the top or bottom

P.S I see you are new, so welcome to the forum as well

Cheers ROSINDA where abouts in the Kop do you sit? Or do you sit in the Kop?

This is my first season with my dad in the Kop, and I love the chanting, I sometimes start a few aslong as I have a little back-up up the top of the stand.

Last season I sat in the West Stand and although all the stuff downstairs is nice, the atmosphere was shit, you could hear people talking and when I used to chant on my own, I could hear my voice echo sometimes! I'm glad I'm in the kop now because there was numerous times last season where I used to look at the Kop and think 'wow I wish I was there'

Infact, I sometimes face the east stand when I chant to try and get them going, sorta caused from my memories of last season....

Anyway, LEVEIN OUT, LEVEIN OUT! ;)

Cheers ROSINDA where abouts in the Kop do you sit? Or do you sit in the Kop?

This is my first season with my dad in the Kop, and I love the chanting, I sometimes start a few aslong as I have a little back-up up the top of the stand.

Last season I sat in the West Stand and although all the stuff downstairs is nice, the atmosphere was shit, you could hear people talking and when I used to chant on my own, I could hear my voice echo sometimes! I'm glad I'm in the kop now because there was numerous times last season where I used to look at the Kop and think 'wow I wish I was there'

Infact, I sometimes face the east stand when I chant to try and get them going, sorta caused from my memories of last season....

Anyway, LEVEIN OUT, LEVEIN OUT! ;)

Yes it's the Kop for me my old fruit, always has been (even when we where at Filbert St.) and always will be, I am in Block D2 near the stairs (Have a look at my signature just under my log-on)

Archived