Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Team vs Palace

Craig will be setting the team up for another negative 4-5-1 formation i think which will probably result in 0 points. We should just be positive, we've changed to negative formations the last 2 games and haven't got a point or scored a goal... :yawn:

Depending on Williams still being here.

------------------Henderson-------------------

-Stearman---McCarthy--Gerrbrand---Maybury-

----Hughes---Gudjonsson--Williams------Smith-

--------------Hammond--Hume----------------

Subs: Douglas, Sheehan, Hamill, Johansson, De Vries

-------------------Henderson-------------------

Stearman----McCarthy------N-EJ---Sheehan

---------Hughes----Joey----Williams----------

---------------------Smith----------------------

-----------------Hume----Elvis-----------------

subs

Douglas, Maybury, Hammil, MdV, Kisnorbo

subs

I dont know why we dont use the 4312 I think thats a good formation for the players we have :)

To be honest it doesn't matter who we put out, we will still be the better side, create the best and most chances, and still lose. Craig Levein will come out with his favourite excuses again and that will be that.

It really doesn't matter.

subs

Actually i think that looks a quality side :D

Craig will be setting the team up for another negative 4-5-1 formation i think which will probably result in 0 points. We should just be positive, we've changed to negative formations the last 2 games and haven't got a point or scored a goal... :yawn:

Exactly the team i'd like to see... good call.

------------------------henderson

-----------macarthy--gerrbrand--johanson

stearman-------maybury---gudjonson-----sheehan

--------------elvis-------hume-------smith

subs: kisnorbo, hughes, hamill, sylla, de lump

Id go for that.

If we were going to play someone ina kind of attacking midfield/support striker role I'd rather it be Iain Hume. I have no problem with De Vries being on the pitch aslong as we had Hammond on Hume on there aswell.. I think maybe having De Vries and Hammond upfront with Hume just behind might be ok..

lush why are you obsessed with maybury in a cm roll

Yeah, I don't see it either. He's untried in a midfield role so way risk it at the point where we need results? I'd like to see...

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Henderson -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Stearman -- McCarthy -- Gerrbrand -- Sheehan

-- Hughes -- -- Joey -- -- Williams -- -- Smith --

-- -- -- -- -- Hammond -- -- -- Hume -- -- -- -- --

Subs: Douglas, Maybury, Hamill, Johansson, De Vries

Yeah, I don't see it either. He's untried in a midfield role so way risk it at the point where we need results? I'd like to see...

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Henderson -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Stearman -- McCarthy -- Gerrbrand -- Sheehan

-- Hughes -- -- Joey -- -- Williams -- -- Smith --

-- -- -- -- -- Hammond -- -- -- Hume -- -- -- -- --

Subs: Douglas, Maybury, Hamill, Johansson, De Vries

I'd go for that as well, and i think most other people would do to.

We all know that it won't happen though so we might as well just forget it now.

I can see us fielding the same as yesterday except Gerrbrand replacing Dublin.

---------------------Henderson--------------------

Stearman---Gerrbrand---Johansson---Maybury

---------Hughes-------Joey------Williams--------

------------------------Smith----------------------

---------------Hume-----------Hammond---------

SUBS: Douglas, Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Hamill, De Vries

But that is far too attacking minded for CL so I THINK it will be this:

---------------------Douglas----------------------

Maybury---McCarthy---Gerrbrand---Johansson

Hughes---Kisnorbo---Joey----Williams---Smith

---------------------De Vries---------------------

SUBS: Henderson, Hammill, Dublin, Hume, Hammond

yeah id go with that

i reckon that stearman wouldnt do to badly as a midfielder..... but anyway!!

------------------henderson---------------

---stearman---mcarthy-----gerbrand----maybury

----hughes---joey-----williams-----smith

------------hume--------hammond

subs: douglas, dion, sheehan, kisnorbo, de vries

i dont think we will score. we will create about 30 chances though and play well but they will score 2 goals through defensive errors and maybe a keeping error. They only way we might score is by a penalty. And i also think that someone will get sent off.

lush why are you obsessed with maybury in a cm roll

We are suffering from a massive lack in confidence. Were also struggling alot with fight, desire, hunger and passion. All these things are core issues. Core meaning the heart of any team, central midfield.

We do not and have not had a a player with any real leadership qualities in the last 3 years, bar maybe izzet. We are desperatley lacking someone to dictate the game in our favour, because believe it or not, weve got some decent players.

We just need someone infront of our back 4 to control the play, carm things down, breed confidence, create a belief in our ability to win.

Maybury is a cool, calming influence, that would settle our team. He has defensive ability, a good tackler, can pass very well too. Hes what 26? hes "played the game before". Hes been captain, hes played for Ireland, hes shown to be good enough to play out of position at LB, he can play this role for us.

The bottom line is, we desperately need someone infront of our midfield, anywhere in central midfield to tack hold of the game, and make it work for us. Joey has improved, and is playing well. Hughes is good going forward. Williams has his days, but maybury is more solid, he wont give in, we see him bombing down towards the oppositions by-line, he`ll work hard for the cause, and he wont mind one bit.

I am new to FoxesTalk and I really do think that we have a manager which is clueless. Hence my avatar, the sooner we get Craig Levein out of our club, the better. We havnt noticed it, but rather than him being a loud mouth and getting himself into trouble, he stays quiet and calm and gives excuses excuses excuses for HIS failures (not saying that the players are failures because the players are good enough to win the Championship). Anyway, onto the team picking for Palace tommorow! This would be the team I would put out:

Stearman---Mccarthy---Dublin--------Johansson

Hughes-------Joey------Williams--------Smith

------------Hume-----------Hammond---------

I noticed that everyone has put Henderson in their team which they would like to see again Palace, and making the point that, we have a awful goal keeper and that Craig Levein, being the bad manager that he is, plays him EVERY WEEK which just angers me because he is a simply rubbish keeper, and that Henderson is a good keeper and certainly worth a go (relating back to the Cardiff away cup win!)

Due to Tiatto and Sheehan being suspended the left back position is a problem, and I have reluctantly put Johansson there, because I know the big man doesnt like being played there. Hughesy can play on the right, however I would look for a new right winger along with a new stiker, as Momo Sylla finds it hard to sprint and the only desire he has is to pick up his pay-cheque.

Ryan Smith just shows us the fine line between premiership quality and championship rubbish as he finds it so simple to skip past defenders and win matches single handedly, he is absolutely brilliant and its a shame that we only have him on loan from Arsenal, but still, its a great deal considering talent like him being worth millions in my opinion.

Hume is a live-wire and should be in the team week in week out. He scares defenders, has skill, and scores goals however if he keeps being played I'm sure his goals per game rate should increase.

The bottom line is Craig Levein will not play anything like this team I have suggested and yet again we, the fans, are telling who he should play (e.g. Hume, Mccarthy etc.) which shows us that Craig Levein really doesnt have a clue.

I am new to FoxesTalk and I really do think that we have a manager which is clueless. Hence my avatar, the sooner we get Craig Levein out of our club, the better. We havnt noticed it, but rather than him being a loud mouth and getting himself into trouble, he stays quiet and calm and gives excuses excuses excuses for HIS failures (not saying that the players are failures because the players are good enough to win the Championship). Anyway, onto the team picking for Palace tommorow! This would be the team I would put out:

Stearman---Mccarthy---Dublin--------Johansson

Hughes-------Joey------Williams--------Smith

------------Hume-----------Hammond---------

I noticed that everyone has put Henderson in their team which they would like to see again Palace, and making the point that, we have a awful goal keeper and that Craig Levein, being the bad manager that he is, plays him EVERY WEEK which just angers me because he is a simply rubbish keeper, and that Henderson is a good keeper and certainly worth a go (relating back to the Cardiff away cup win!)

Due to Tiatto and Sheehan being suspended the left back position is a problem, and I have reluctantly put Johansson there, because I know the big man doesnt like being played there. Hughesy can play on the right, however I would look for a new right winger along with a new stiker, as Momo Sylla finds it hard to sprint and the only desire he has is to pick up his pay-cheque.

Ryan Smith just shows us the fine line between premiership quality and championship rubbish as he finds it so simple to skip past defenders and win matches single handedly, he is absolutely brilliant and its a shame that we only have him on loan from Arsenal, but still, its a great deal considering talent like him being worth millions in my opinion.

Hume is a live-wire and should be in the team week in week out. He scares defenders, has skill, and scores goals however if he keeps being played I'm sure his goals per game rate should increase.

The bottom line is Craig Levein will not play anything like this team I have suggested and yet again we, the fans, are telling who he should play (e.g. Hume, Mccarthy etc.) which shows us that Craig Levein really doesnt have a clue.

Welcome to the forum, and that's a good first post. but i believe Tiatto ans Sheehan are available for selection? Craig will always field his signings that have been given stick because he wants them to prove themselves and he also wants to prove the fans right that the signings made were successful.

Seeing as Gerrbrand is a doubt as he's done his hamstring in. I'll go for...

-Maybury---McCarthy--Stearman---Johansson-

But I fear it will be ....

------------------Douglas-------------------

-Stearman---McCarthy--Dublin---Maybury-

----Sylla---Gudjonsson--Kisnorbo------Smith- (Or if Sylla has buggered off to the ACN already then Hughes)

--------------De Vries--Hume----------------

Subs: Henderson, Sheehan, Hamill, Johansson, Hammond

The first lineup please Craig you tosser....

Archived