Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamite foxes

What is your general consensus on...

The board and the Foxes trust

Mine is that the board are soft and couldn't bollock their own children. Especially the two in charge Davies and the chairman. Davies may be good financially but he ain't good enough or doesn't have a football brain to run a football club.

The Foxes Trust lick Davies' bum and do not know how to get their influence through properly. I agree with the principle but I believe it is very badly run. 1st of all they only managed to raise a small amount of cash for the board when smaller clubs have raised half a million. Then they slag of Paul Mace who did a very good job at this club. They and Davies forced him out.

Personally I think we should have changes to the whole thing. Get rid of the Foxes trust influence and get rid of Davies in particular. We need ball crushers in charge of this club. The board isn't that.

If they do not sack Levein, with the pressure from the fans, I will call for changes to be made. I hope I am able to get the support of many of you.

Mine is that the board are soft and couldn't bollock their own children. Especially the two in charge Davies and the chairman. Davies may be good financially but he ain't good enough or doesn't have a football brain to run a football club.

The Foxes Trust lick Davies' bum and do not know how to get their influence through properly. I agree with the principle but I believe it is very badly run. 1st of all they only managed to raise a small amount of cash for the board when smaller clubs have raised half a million. Then they slag of Paul Mace who did a very good job at this club. They and Davies forced him out.

Personally I think we should have changes to the whole thing. Get rid of the Foxes trust influence and get rid of Davies in particular. We need ball crushers in charge of this club. The board isn't that.

If they do not sack Levein, with the pressure from the fans, I will call for changes to be made. I hope I am able to get the support of many of you.

What did Paul Mace do that was so good for the club?

tim davies is a brilliant bloke who is one of the few chief executives who will consult with the fans on everything. he wants action for things the fans see as important ie the atmosphere and swapping the kop over. he will also reply to all of your emails whatever the topic i have been informed.

to me hes a great chief executive :thumbup:

Think you're looking for someone to blame. Looking in the wrong place.

If a chief executive sticks his nose into the playing side of the club, he gets slagged. It appears now that if he doesn't, he gets slagged.

Many of us thought Levein was a good appointment at the time, so we cannot slage the board for that. If anything, surely the board are showing the b*****ks you talk of by backing Levein against the torrent of abuse.

Suddenly now Mace is described as a hero and saviour from some quarters. Where was this same praise when we linked with East Bengal or Mace had other great ideas for his brand new Leicester City Marketing gimics and fleecings.

The board have stabilised this club financially. Our chief exec has done a good job of the finances. He authorised a healthy transfer budget for our club and is sanctioning more money for the January Sales. What more can he do.

It depends on your definition of the Foxes Trust:

If you mean the people that give of their time voluntarily with out pay to run the Trust - then you're talking out of your arse if you don't mind me saying so. As for the money raised well that was always in the hands of the Supporters/members at the time we were getting 30,000 plus gates where were all those fans in the time of crisis, how could FT have raised more money, it could only come from fans and if they choose not to give any or join the FT then there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Mace doing a good job? he lost the club thousands of pounds with his Pepsi Mac Tournament, 120 years anniversary crap and many more besides.

As for calling for changes have you joined the FT, have you volunteered to be on the FT board so that you, being a right clever dick can go in on the FT behalf and crush a few of those balls you seem to be so fond of..

Think you're looking for someone to blame. Looking in the wrong place.

If a chief executive sticks his nose into the playing side of the club, he gets slagged. It appears now that if he doesn't, he gets slagged.

Many of us thought Levein was a good appointment at the time, so we cannot slage the board for that. If anything, surely the board are showing the b*****ks you talk of by backing Levein against the torrent of abuse.

Suddenly now Mace is described as a hero and saviour from some quarters. Where was this same praise when we linked with East Bengal or Mace had other great ideas for his brand new Leicester City Marketing gimics and fleecings.

The board have stabilised this club financially. Our chief exec has done a good job of the finances. He authorised a healthy transfer budget for our club and is sanctioning more money for the January Sales. What more can he do.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Referring to Levein as a manager it is not much more than a month ago you couldn't get a quorum of fans to

suggest he be fired.

No-one WANTED the guy out anymore than anyone WANTED to be in this position (including Levein and the Board)

The debate now is over which way to turn. I've had my twopennyworth the same as others and given my reasons why, on balance, I'd change direction.

It doesn't mean I'm not deeply concerned about whether mine would be the RIGHT direction and that is the dilemma facing the board.

I think Davies showed his concern for the club in his Radio interview yesterday - he obviously didn't attend the interview on the easily arranged precondition that certain questions weren't asked - and I thought he responded in a straightforward and human way to a probing enquiry while managing not to be publicly discourteous or disloyal to his manager.

His difficulty was perfectly illustrated when he turned the question about whether he would sack Levein back on to the inquisitor and the journalist squirmed and squirmed to avoid the question (God knows why cos I would have answered).

That said I thought it a brilliant interview. I have complained about the banality of Press questions and it was nice to hear some proper enquiries being made at last and, as a result, something worth listening to.

But if journalists are so afraid to answer a provocative question honestly themselves why should they expect it of chief executives?.

As you say, many of us thought Levein was a good appointment (including me although he wasn't my personal choice). Now, perfectly understandably, there is great doubt and we all want to tread the right path over the next few potentially disastrous weeks.

1st point. Davies is not a top chief executive. He is good at finance. He may consult the fans. But he is not tough enough to lead.

2nd point. Mace made the club more money out of the Pepsi max tournament. Pepsi sponsored it big time. He sold the rights to an Indian TV company. We would have made more money had Boca Juniors did not pull out on us. These are facts. The fact that he tried to get more Indians involved at a club with a city of 55%-45% ethnicity was a good idea. There are now more Indian season ticket holders than 2 years and more Indians on the staff. That is also fact.

Was it not a good idea to try and appeal to the Indian nation as we cannot compete with Asian (Man Utd, Real Madrid, Liverpool).

We did not lose any money on the 120 thing. It sold a few more shirts and probably helped us to bring more players in. You were not made to buy them. Many people said it was a stupid idea. But it gained the club more revenue.

If Davies was so concerned he would actually sack Levin but he is too nice a bloke.

I too agreed with the appointment of Levein. But he should have been stopped from signing Wilcox on another year, questioned over his signings. As all top chief executives do. Peter Kenyon will go out and watch a player and research them before spending money on them.

I am not looking for someone to blame. I blame Levein for the league position, but he should have been questioned a long time ago about his vision for the club. Davies is not tough enough.

Mace was brilliant at handling the media, especially over La Manga.

Before you say it, I am not Paul Mace. Just I believe the board is in cruise control it does not realise the severity of the situation we are in.

I too agreed with the appointment of Levein. But he should have been stopped from signing Wilcox on another year, questioned over his signings. As all top chief executives do. Peter Kenyon will go out and watch a player and research them before spending money on them.

I would love to be at Stamford Bridge when Peter Kenyon turns round and says to Mourinho, "Jose, this player you want, I don't think he's any good. We're not going to buy him."

I would love to be at Stamford Bridge when Peter Kenyon turns round and says to Mourinho, "Jose, this player you want, I don't think he's any good. We're not going to buy him."

What is the point of employing a manager then telling him what he can and can't do. You have to go with the managers judgement where players are concerned. You don't get a dog and then bark for it.......

[..] We did not lose any money on the 120 thing. It sold a few more shirts and probably helped us to bring more players in. You were not made to buy them. Many people said it was a stupid idea. But it gained the club more revenue. [..]

I seem to remeber someone from the club or the Foxes Trust saying that the 120 Year commemorative shirt had been the best selling shirt to date... maybe it was in one of the match day programs, um, anyway, I'm sure it came from an 'official' source.

:S

1st point. Davies is not a top chief executive. He is good at finance. He may consult the fans. But he is not tough enough to lead.

What's your company background that gives you this insight? I'm no judge of what makes a good chief executive, so I'm interested.

And watching Alan Sugar on The Apprentice doesn't count as an answer.

As all top chief executives do. Peter Kenyon will go out and watch a player and research them before spending money on them.

Jose wants Maniche. So Peter Kenyon goes to watch Maniche play. Maniche is ****ing brilliant, so the deal's in motion. It's not the hardest part of his job, is it?

TD is keeping his cool. I wouldn't be him for all the tea in China at the moment. Hopefully we'll ride the storm out. He's got time before he has to pull the plug on Levein - there are actually about 20 games to go and we're not in the bottom three (yet). Maybe its best not to fire off indiscriminate rounds into the crowds just yet, there may be further casualties - It may be safer to put him dowm humanely at a later date?

My cup is half full - if only luke-warm. :)

It depends on your definition of the Foxes Trust:

If you mean the people that give of their time voluntarily with out pay to run the Trust - then you're talking out of your arse if you don't mind me saying so. As for the money raised well that was always in the hands of the Supporters/members at the time we were getting 30,000 plus gates where were all those fans in the time of crisis, how could FT have raised more money, it could only come from fans and if they choose not to give any or join the FT then there's nothing anyone can do about it.

...As for calling for changes have you joined the FT, have you volunteered to be on the FT board so that you, being a right clever dick can go in on the FT behalf and crush a few of those balls you seem to be so fond of..

Well said Davie G! :thumbup:

The FOXES Trust is as good as we want it to be. It is democratic and fully accountable to its members.

I look forward to the day it is sufficiently powerful to take over the club. However that day is still sometime off.

OK, so it made a massive misjudgement in recommending CL to the club. But in the overall scheme of things, it's worth sticking with. Much like our beloved club, in fact.

If folks on here haven't joined, it's about time they did!

I seem to remeber someone from the club or the Foxes Trust saying that the 120 Year commemorative shirt had been the best selling shirt to date... maybe it was in one of the match day programs, um, anyway, I'm sure it came from an 'official' source.

:S

Yes it was a top seller but only after they kept dropping the price, as I understand it. Besides the shirt was only one minor part of that whole fiasco.

Bugger off: Levein, Kisnorbo, Johansson, Dublin, Tiatto, Sylla and Douglas

Proud member of the Levein out club, If you want to join please add this to your signature

Did you ever stop to think about actually supporting Leicester City?

Archived