Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Stadiums

Stadiums  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which one for you?

• Walkers Stadium
    • Filbert Street

I voted for the Walkers simply because I'm always one to look to the future rather than the past, plus, I remember during our promotion year under MA when it did have a soul and an atmosphere.

Atmosphere isn't something that can be 'built' into a football ground - it's something that is brought to the ground by the fans!

I voted Filbert Street but at the time we were there I thought we needed a new stadium. It's just a shame we couldn't redevelop it.

Oh come on Filbert Street was a dump and no one can deny that.

We didn't have an atmosphere problem in our promotion year, when the team start winning the atmosphere will return.

Admittedly it may never be as good as Filbo but no team was ever intimidated to play there and it's ludicrous to say that just because we are lacking atmosphere at the Walkers.

Filbert Street had the best atmosphere. I seem to recall a game against Chelsea being the most loudest Premiership game of the season?

We needed to change though, given the 5 years of success in the Premiership at the time. It's just been a big dissapointment - results but mostly atmosphere wise, the club haven't helped seperating our main section of singing fans in the Kop from the away fans as it were at Filbo - if they eventually get swapped then who knows.

It's also a copy of St Mary's.

Filbert Street had the best atmosphere. I seem to recall a game against Chelsea being the most loudest Premiership game of the season?

We needed to change though, given the 5 years of success in the Premiership at the time. It's just been a big dissapointment - results but mostly atmosphere wise, the club haven't helped seperating our main section of singing fans in the Kop from the away fans as it were at Filbo - if they eventually get swapped then who knows.

It's also a copy of St Mary's.

Yup, I just wished when the club had the chance to design our new home they had dfesigned something more unique. As it is it just feels like a neutral boring stadium.

I can't believe this...Filbert Street and its shitty East Stand and Filbert Street end was the biggest single reason why we lost great players and managers.

The lack of movement on the new stadium development was one of the reasons why MON slung his hook. He was the one who suggested that the team should run out backwards to avoid seeing the 'bus shelter' of the East Stand so that they could convince themselves they were playing for a big club.

It's interesting to see low expectations masquerading as nostalgia. I suspect that this small town mentality may also have something to do with absurd levels of patience with our current playing predicament.

I can't believe this...Filbert Street and its shitty East Stand and Filbert Street end was the biggest single reason why we lost great players and managers.

The lack of movement on the new stadium development was one of the reasons why MON slung his hook. He was the one who suggested that the team should run out backwards to avoid seeing the 'bus shelter' of the East Stand so that they could convince themselves they were playing for a big club.

It's interesting to see low expectations masquerading as nostalgia. I suspect that this small town mentality may also have something to do with absurd levels of patience with our current playing predicament.

Spot on... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I remember plenty of crap games played at our old home during the Pleat era in front of 8000. There was no atmosphere then, I can tell you.

There were also many good games played there, but it had long passed its sell-by date and I was glad when we moved.

It was a tribute to the genius of MON that we were able to achieve what we did there.

If we are to ever be a good Premiership team (top half or challenging for europe) over an extended period of time, then I think that we would need a large enough stadium so that we could get large attendances and hence a large amount of money going into the club week after week.

I don't think many people on here would doubt that we could easily fill the Walkers Stadium every week if we were to get into the Premiership and stay there. In fact, if we could stay there long enough then I'm sure there'd be grounds for increasing the stadium capacity (by altering the East stand).

So, if I'm thinking ambitiously for Leicester City, and hoping to sustain high-end Premiership football over a lengthy period of time, then I'd go for the Walkers Stadium. Even though this high-end Premiership football may seem a long way off at the moment, I thinks it's great to be in a position where we have a stadium and facilities that could prove to be a large asset to us following an up-turn (admittedly a major up-turn) in fortunes on the pitch.

Once teams settle into grounds after 10 years or so it often becomes a fortress and fans will feel that it is their home like filbert street was.

I wish the ground was more full and maybe had a capacity of 25,000 to make it feel full. Although when we were in the prem we needed the extra seats, as some people only fancy coming when the clubs doing well.

As much as i like the Walkers Stadium nothing beats the atmosphere at Filbert Street. I have some great memories sitting in the Double Decker stand as a kid with my family and enjoying watching the great MON side whne we were in the Premiership!

My, how things have changed...

hopefully we can see the WS become a succesful fortres in years to come. We just need that manager who can bring hope and belief to the fans and players!

Archived