Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

What's better

A win against Spurs would give the team no end of confidence, which could then be enfused into League performances, not to mention the money we would receive for getting through to the next round.

OR:

If we get knocked out of the cup players can just focus on the league which can't be a bad thing.

Which is better?

A win against Spurs would give the team no end of confidence, which could then be enfused into League performances, not to mention the money we would receive for getting through to the next round.

OR:

If we get knocked out of the cup players can just focus on the league which can't be a bad thing.

Which is better?

Win it, confidence gets a lift, more money, we would have won a game :o, seeing gary linekars face after we win :D

All positives :D

Win the game on sunday. The confidence increase would be incredible and if we were to draw a major club in the next round, some players would pull their fingers out to ensure that they were in the team for a trip to Old Trafford or something. The likes of Hume and Hammond would love to play in an arena like that!

Out I'm afraid. We've got more important work to do and a Cup run will only distract us.

Assuming some new arrivals by then, we should use the game to re-establish a system and style of play that we intend to pursue, preferably one that involves attacking and scoring some goals.

Out I'm afraid. We've got more important work to do and a Cup run will only distract us.

Assuming some new arrivals by then, we should use the game to re-establish a system and style of play that we intend to pursue, preferably one that involves attacking and scoring some goals.

I can't see why cups shoud be a distraction? They are just an extra game once a month that can help bring in money and give the players a game.

I can't see why cups shoud be a distraction? They are just an extra game once a month that can help bring in money and give the players a game.

Oh god this is an easy question for me, WIN IT as I HATE Spurs with a passion.

Come on lets be realistic - we will not win the FA Cup, but i still think its best for us to go as far as posiblle so i think win in the cup because its also a confidence boost, a money factor and it will be good for the club, the only downside is that it will distract us from league duties and we really need to concentrate on that.

Look folks, in our position we really CANNOT pick and choose which games we want to win.

It's precisely the mentality our manager used when picking a weakened site at Bolton, which sent us into our present spiral of decline.

If we have a chance of a win on Sunday, which I doubt, we MUST take it.

To do otherwise would be a betrayal of EVERY FOX watching the game, whether at the Way or on TV!

Normally I would agree with Thracian. But confidence in the team is at its lowest point for ten years (McGhee's relegation side) and we have a manager who is incapable of lifting the team. And going down to ten men every week is not exactly the best way to improve performance.

I think our cup run last year helped keep us in the Championship (though league results up until the 5th round were woeful). Another sixth round appearance could do the same again (though form may well dip after a cup exit - remember Taylor's record breaking sequence?).

But it's all academic as we are going to get walloped...

In terms of Levein:

If we win, then the board will think that Levein is the man, give him a wallet of cash and keep him in.

If we lose, then more pressure on Levein, and a bigger chance that the board may get rid of him, or more chance of him resigning.

In terms of Levein:

If we win, then the board will think that Levein is the man, give him a wallet of cash and keep him in.

If we lose, then more pressure on Levein, and a bigger chance that the board may get rid of him, or more chance of him resigning.

The Spurs game is a one-off that no-one expects us to win. I really don't think the board would take this game into consideration in regard to CL's future.

What is much more important is that put in a good performance and show some passion, fight and motivation to win on the pitch. If we win it can only bring good things, if we lose but put up a good fight then there's nothing lost really, if we get walloped, well, who knows how the players and manager will react.

I'll be there cheering the team on and hoping for a win.

At present, when we are really struggling for results, I would be absolutely delighted if we could manage to beat Tottenham in the cup. Apart from me just wanting to see us win a match, any match, it could really lift the confidence of some of the players and help us to turn the season around.

Also, it's possible that us beating Tottenham could prove to be the difference between a player joining us or not. It could convince a number of footballers that despite our lowly position, we actually have some talent , and that joining Leicester might not be such a bad move. Especially so since the match is live on terrestrial television. Okay, so this might not be very likely, but in any case, I really think that the positives that we could take from beating Tottenham would far outweigh any negatives.

As I said, at present I'd just be happy with any win to break our current run of poor form.

Win. Revenge for the League Cup Final defeat. Revenge for the FAC Semi Final defeat in 82. Simply, revenge. And I hate Spurs. And jeez, wouldn't it just be good to see us win at all? Not that we will, mind.

Look folks, in our position we really CANNOT pick and choose which games we want to win.

It's precisely the mentality our manager used when picking a weakened site at Bolton, which sent us into our present spiral of decline.

If we have a chance of a win on Sunday, which I doubt, we MUST take it.

To do otherwise would be a betrayal of EVERY FOX watching the game, whether at the Way or on TV!

Well said!

I totally agree, but I don't really think it's gonna happen though. <_< :cry:

/g

Archived