Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Polyphonic

5 Million investment in Leicester ?!?!

If I had as much money as Abramovich I would invest twice the amount he has into City. Apparently, Abramovich wants his money back after their success - it will all end in tears at Chelsea MARK MY WORDS :thumbup:

It would be so funny if we did have our very own Roman. Can you imagine loads of tossers across the country, wearing Leicester shirts saying "Oh I've supported them for years".

Fathers in Liverpool and Manchester would be trying to stop their kids from supporting the Mighty Foxes.

And wouldn't the press boys just love it ! :D

A metaphor.

Seriously, it's only just over an hour by train, which is quicker than a lot of journeys within London. :thumbup:

Fair enough. I live down here and wouldn't consider Leicester close by any stretch of the imagination, I wouldn't imagine any potential investers that want to live amongst the bright lights would do either.

It would be so funny if we did have our very own Roman. Can you imagine loads of tossers across the country, wearing Leicester shirts saying "Oh I've supported them for years".

Fathers in Liverpool and Manchester would be trying to stop their kids from supporting the Mighty Foxes.

Wake Up!

Fair enough. I live down here and wouldn't consider Leicester close by any stretch of the imagination, I wouldn't imagine any potential investers that want to live amongst the bright lights would do either.

I had a slight recollection that you did. Really isn't that far away though. I commuted from Leicester for about nine months a while back and it only took me half an hour longer than my previous commute while living in London.

I take your point about Leicester lacking prestige though. Leicestershire however...

if only mate if only! but then again chelsea were saying that a couple of years ago, lol sorry i cant convince myself were to UNLUCKY for that to happen!

I heard that a French guy was gonna invest in us.

Baguette Mercier is his name, apparently.

Or perhaps the well known Chinese tycoon Sweet-and-sour-chicken-balls wing.

sure it wasnt that man from branston, what was his name again, oh yer branston pickle!

The Japanese media looking to invest in Leicester City are reputedly willing to want Martin O'Neill back as manager in order to revive the good fortunes and will offer him a £100million warchest to spend in the transfer market - anything in order to compete with Chelsea.

Again off Football-rumours.com

Someone is really really bored to be making up these rumours ....

The Japanese media looking to invest in Leicester City are reputedly willing to want Martin O'Neill back as manager in order to revive the good fortunes and will offer him a £100million warchest to spend in the transfer market - anything in order to compete with Chelsea.

Again off Football-rumours.com

Someone is really really bored to be making up these rumours ....

Chill out. It's just gossip. And what else would we all find to talk about. With things like the transfer window effectively blighting genuine happenings for all but a few weeks of each season if it wasn't for rumour and innuendo and speculation we'd have nothing but those rent-a-quote interviews with players and managers revealing absolutely sod all most of the time.

It's when the club's name disappears from the spotlight you want to be bothered. I cannot imagine why a Japanese investor would see Leicester City as such a marvellous proposition but a lot of money has gone into a few other unlikely clubs so daft things do happen.

And it's alright dismissing these things with a reasoned argument (location, club's finances etc) but most of us neither know the people involved nor do they have any idea which investors may/may not be talking to Leicester City either formally or informally.

Conversations form connections/contacts/friendships and the germ of an idea can sometimes blossom in times to come. Many more ideas come to nothing at all but just occasionally someone simply wants to live his own dream.

if you had 500million why would you give a shit about getting that 5mil back? :ermm:

Your always looking for a return on your money. Thats what buisness is all about. Even Roman will want to start making money at some point instead of spending it.

If I had as much money as Abramovich I would invest twice the amount he has into City. Apparently, Abramovich wants his money back after their success - it will all end in tears at Chelsea MARK MY WORDS :thumbup:

Another Leeds United is on the books I reckon.

I'm still unsure why people are willing to play for them. Roman is a wanted man in Russia (apparently).

If someone wants him, arn't his assets at risk i.e players?

I know him to. Mr Chicken Teriyaki!

Obviously, hence the fortune...

It is possible... but I doubt it.

Japan has some awesome kids coming through. I was in Japan recently and played against a team of school kids, they were far better than a british school team of the same age, and the practise 2 hours each night after school... They're obsessed with western football... and the J league of course.

Another Leeds United is on the books I reckon.

I'm still unsure why people are willing to play for them. Roman is a wanted man in Russia (apparently).

If someone wants him, arn't his assets at risk i.e players?

Well there was three Russian Oil barrons the other two are now in prision for mass tax fraud, just Roman left, wouldn't be funny if he was arrested and Chelski ended up non league lol

Well there was three Russian Oil barrons the other two are now in prision for mass tax fraud, just Roman left, wouldn't be funny if he was arrested and Chelski ended up non league lol

I can't see that happening, but no one predicted that Wimbeldon would win the FA cup.

Archived