Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Polyphonic

5 Million investment in Leicester ?!?!

It is rumoured that a Japanese businessman, Mr. Teriyaki, may be investing £5 million in Leicester City. Apparently, this Japanese businessman knows Gary Lineker well from Lineker's time in Japan. It is through this that he is interested in helping Leicester get back to the Premiership. The only potential stumbling block is Mr Teriyaki's desire to bring over a few Japanese players. This is not going down well with the current management team, who are adament they will not accept interference in team matters. However, this may not prove a problem for much longer with the current management team under massive pressure from Leicester's underperformance.

Taken from football-rumours.com

Total rubbish, but it made me laugh

It is rumoured that a Japanese businessman, Mr. Teriyaki, may be investing £5 million in Leicester City. Apparently, this Japanese businessman knows Gary Lineker well from Lineker's time in Japan. It is through this that he is interested in helping Leicester get back to the Premiership. The only potential stumbling block is Mr Teriyaki's desire to bring over a few Japanese players. This is not going down well with the current management team, who are adament they will not accept interference in team matters. However, this may not prove a problem for much longer with the current management team under massive pressure from Leicester's underperformance.

Taken from football-rumours.com

Total rubbish, but it made me laugh

Mr Teriyaki! sounds like a dodgy Japanese chef!

Considering it always seems to be foreigners investing in clubs. I wouldnt rule out a wealthy indian/pakistani investing in us because of the large ethnic population in the city. It might happen

Why?

what do you mean why? do you mean :

why would someone do it?

why i think someone would do it?

i dont understand your question.

Possibly.....why a "wealthy indian/pakistani" as opposed to a wealthy white person, or a wealthy woman, as they are both fairly big in Leicester as well.

And in what sense would ploughing money into Leicester City be an investment?

Only a dedicated fan would invest in city at the moment. Rich businessmen\playboys would only be interested in city if we were a team in the prem or close. The only other type of person would have to be a stupid fool, as city financially are poor and don't even own there stadium!!

Only a dedicated fan would invest in city at the moment. Rich businessmen\playboys would only be interested in city if we were a team in the prem or close. The only other type of person would have to be a stupid fool, as city financially are poor and don't even own there stadium!!

Leicester aren't an attractive option because of the clubs financial state.

Leicester aren't an attractive option because of the clubs location.

Leicester aren't an attractive option because of the clubs current position.

On top of that 5 million wouldn't exactly get you a lot either.

Leicester aren't an attractive option because of the clubs financial state.

Leicester aren't an attractive option because of the clubs location.

Leicester aren't an attractive option because of the clubs current position.

On top of that 5 million wouldn't exactly get you a lot either.

Would agree with all those points except the one in bold. I think Leicester, geographically is a pretty decent location in that it is only a stone's throw away from London. Portsmouth is hardly a glamorous place but look at what's happening with respect to them.

Would agree with all those points except the one in bold. I think Leicester, geographically is a pretty decent location in that it is only a stone's throw away from London. Portsmouth is hardly a glamorous place but look at what's happening with respect to them.

Fair point well made

if you had 500million why would you give a shit about getting that 5mil back? :ermm:

Yes, watch the pennies - you dont get that rich by throwing money around. Buy the Leicester Riders instead and build a new arena actually in Leicester, plus some decent bands might come - rather than having to travel to the ice arena, nec/nia etc.

Who the hell is throwing that stone!

Archived