Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

anyone optimistic?

just wondering if anyone believes we have a chance against spurs tomoz? does anyone know how many tickets weve sold? and as it looks asthough cl is staying as fans we shud get behind the team and gives the players a bit of encouragement! up the city :D

just wondering if anyone believes we have a chance against spurs tomoz? does anyone know how many tickets weve sold? and as it looks asthough cl is staying as fans we shud get behind the team and gives the players a bit of encouragement! up the city :D

If you tell me what ompitmistic means I'll tell you whether I am.

I don't want to comment on how many we will lose by before I see the team sheets.

It would be typical city to pull it off then lose next 3 league matches,its the cup,anything can happen,they may seriously underestimate us,and if we can create as many chances as usual only this time put a couple in the net,then we have a chance...so yes!! reasonably optimistic!!

Guest lcfc_olip6_lcfc

i am reasonably optimistic, i think they've got 5 players out, so yer, if we play like we did against Charlton and Sheff Utd, we'll do 'em! come on city! :thumbup:

Not according to the OS

Cup Tie Excites Levein

0,,10274%7E2740101,00.jpg

Craig Levein is looking forward to having a real go at Tottenham Hotspur when they visit the Walkers Stadium on Sunday (6:30pm).

The City boss has enjoyed relative success in both cup competitions since he arrived in Leicester 14 months ago, reaching the quarter finals of the FA Cup last season before bowing out of the League Cup at the fourth round stage this term.

But Levein believes that in Spurs the Foxes have drawn some real top quality Premiership oppostition, and he now can't wait for the chance to pit his wits against Martin Jol this weekend.

He said: "I'd rate this as probably the first real glamour Cup tie we've played since I became manager here.

"I don't mean that in any way disrespectfully to the other teams we've played, but Spurs have got a great pedigree in the FA Cup and thinking about the game really excites me because I think it'll be a very open match.

"In addition, it'll the first time we'll have had a team at home against whom we can have a real go, play some good football and hopefully score some goals.

"Just like the side Martin Jol is building at Tottenham, we have a lot of young players eager to prove themselves, keen to test themselves against quality opposition.

"We've seen improvements in the young players we've brought on board here and if we manage to get the blend right you never know when those players will stop improving - and Spurs have demonstrated that.

"They've got tremendous ability throughout the side and whichever names Martin Jol writes on his teamsheet, whether it be Robbie Keane or Jermain Defoe, we know we'll be up against quality."

Its all rather different from 1974 when we were the team full of quality players and had genuine prospects of winning the Cup.Steve Earle's goal hardly did us justice in a comprehensive win.One things for sure, we won't be going to Luton in 5th Round!

I'm optimisitc for you,I think it will be 1-1.

bloody hell a trees fan is more confident about leicester then the actual supporters are arghhhh!

i think we will win 2-1 in a very close contest, we will grab it in the 84th minute, with dion dublin slicing a clerance which falls to lone striker de vreis, who puts it past Robinson with style! man im optomitic but we have nothing to lose and no preassure we have every chance!

Archived