Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

"its guna be the greatest comeback of all time"

For someone that dares to impress the footballing public, alan hansen was spot on yesterday. In the half time punditry, with the game 1-2, he said "its guna be the greatest comeback of all time".

So, what is your opinion of this "genius pundit" now?

For someone that dares to impress the footballing public, alan hansen was spot on yesterday. In the half time punditry, with the game 1-2, he said "its guna be the greatest comeback of all time".

So, what is your opinion of this "genius pundit" now?

He was taking the piss.

I think he just likes to wind Gary up!

He loves winding him up.

This made me laugh after the Liverpool game.

LINEKER

"Dont forget 2 of the biggest names in football play tomorrow, leicester v spurs"

To the sound of Hansen & Wright laughing in the background.

lol

To be fair to hansen spurs dominated the 1st half hence he will lay into the team losing.

I think thats a bit harsh, they only scored one goal more than us, and one of our really inconsistent players ran their defence ragged at times.

I do agree with your latter point tho, thats what "pundits" do. Immediately after our winner, mark (licks his lips at men) lawrencen said "definately offside", but the replay showed it wasnt.

I think thats a bit harsh, they only scored one goal more than us, and one of our really inconsistent players ran their defence ragged at times.

I do agree with your latter point tho, thats what "pundits" do. Immediately after our winner, mark (licks his lips at men) lawrencen said "definately offside", but the replay showed it wasnt.

In fairness to Lawro, I also said definately offside as the ball went through to De Vries, and I sit in H1 dead level with where De Vries received the ball. Maybe it was just because I couldn't imagine a player as slow as De Vries ever beating the offside trap.

All the way home, I was so pleased that we had won, but I was thinking that it was a shame that our winner was offside.

I forgot to set the DVD recorder before the match, and so was quite annoyed about this after we won with such a good performance. Fortunately, when I got home I found out that one of my family had recorded it for me (from the start to the finish of the program, and on a new blank DVD). Result! I watched the match again in full. I still thought De Vries' goal was offside until they showed the replays of it, at which point I started to think he may have been level. I was then convinced of this by the post match analysis.

I'm just thankful that the linesman was so aware. I think most linesmen would have instantly raised their flags when De Vries received the ball, as all of the people sitting around me were convinced that he was offside too.

Does Hansen have a problem with Leicester or something? He laid into us big time at half time, I hate the guy, arrogant twat!

No, I think Hansen was just being fair, but Mark Lawrenson on the other hand - there's a twat.

In fairness to Lawro, I also said definately offside as the ball went through to De Vries, and I sit in H1 dead level with where De Vries received the ball.

Im one of those that wants value for my tv liecence subscription :)

I forgot to set the DVD recorder before the match, and so was quite annoyed about this after we won with such a good performance. Fortunately, when I got home I found out that one of my family had recorded it for me (from the start to the finish of the program, and on a new blank DVD). Result!

Doesnt that make you feel good. On the flip side, theres always someone who tapes over things :devil:

I watched the match again in full. I still thought De Vries' goal was offside until they showed the replays of it, at which point I started to think he may have been level.

I was then convinced of this by the post match analysis.

Have another look, and watchout for the spurs RB, his heel puts deep freeze onside.

Why do you need pundits to tell you whether its offside or not?

I'm just thankful that the linesman was so aware. I think most linesmen would have instantly raised their flags when De Vries received the ball, as all of the people sitting around me were convinced that he was offside too.

Haha, the other linesman was crap!! About 3 times the ball was blatantly out by a foot and he still didnt see it lol

Lawrensen deffo i just been watching the match on tape he never gave us any credit he even had a pop at the fans :mad:

"Why are the fans singing Derby reject when Rasiak moved from Derby to the Premiership?!" Amongst the things Lawro said. Lighten up.

"Why are the fans singing Derby reject when Rasiak moved from Derby to the Premiership?!" Amongst the things Lawro said. Lighten up.

"Do they mean he got rejected from the championship to go and play in the Premiership?"

I wish Ian Wright was on last night he would've loved it!

No, I think Hansen was just being fair, but Mark Lawrenson on the other hand - there's a twat.

I agree Mark seems to know nothing about things outside the premiership and doesnt seem to know what hes talking about. We was equal to spurs until they scored, and between their 1st goal and when we got our 1st goal they had almost complete dominance so their was plently of reasoning to criticise leics at half time.

The 2nd half was a different story however :D and hansen responded different and criticised spurs.

I agree Mark seems to know nothing about things outside the premiership and doesnt seem to know what hes talking about.

The championship isnt hollywood, but he is a preston fan.

We was equal to spurs until they scored

We were a tad better. After the game, whilst they showed spurs first goal, shearer said "at this point, were saying to ourselves, spurs are cruising here" :ermm::rolleyes::cry::P:blink::(:unsure:

between their 1st goal and when we got our 1st goal they had almost complete dominance so their was plently of reasoning to criticise leics at half time.

I think thats a tad harsh.

Why do you need pundits to tell you whether its offside or not?

I wasn't saying that I need pundits to tell me whether someone is onside or not.

What I was saying was that when I saw De Vries' goal live at the match I thought it was offside (as did most of the people sitting around me!). When I watched the recording of the match, it wasn't clear because the replays were at funny angles. However, in the post match analysis they showed a replay from a good angle and put a nice line across the pitch, this made it clear that De Vries was onside.

I think that makes sense now :cool:

Was atmosphere good? I was there but I cant hear

Considering our recent form, it was brilliant. It was one of those strange atmopheres, whereby, we feel theres little hope, but sod it, were guna enjoy ourselves anyway. Football fans come out fighting when their backs are against the wall, hence the banners "foxes never quite" and "i believe in miracles", YES, the atmosphere was electric, and at the final whilstle, were we "rocking all over the walkers world" :)

Archived