Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Team for Wednesday

Douglas

Stearman McCarthy Johansson Maybury

Hughes Williams Kisnorbo Hume

De Vries Hammond

Thats what I would go with anyway :whistle: ........

I cant see much wrong with that. Would be interesting to see Hume on the left wing because of his ability to cut inside. Failing that, Elvis on the right wing and Hume up front.

This is what i would like to see but i know it wont happen <_< :cry:

That line-up definitely won't happen... Joey is suspended for the Sheff Weds game. :P

This is what I'd like to see...

Douglas

Stearman - McCarthy - Nissa - Sheehan

Hughes - Williams - Kisnorbo - Hume

Hammond - MDV

With Fryatt coming on for MDV or Hammond at around 70 minutes.

:)

I think Levein will revert back to his tradition line-up:

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Johansson

Maybury

Hughes

Williams

Kisnorbo

Hamill :cry:

De Vries

Hammond

The only real problem I have with that is Hamill on the left, but Sheehan, Hammond or Hume may be able to deputise. But we all know Levein, it'll be a cold day in hell before he does something as outrageous as that!

He may also start Hume instead of Hammond, but I think De Vries deserves a start after what he did on Sunday.

My predicted team would be:

Douglas

Stearman McCarthy Johansson Maybury

Sylla Kisnorbo Williams Hughes

de Vries Hammond

Subs: Henderson, Hume, Hamill, Dublin, Tiatto

Basically the same team that did well against Spurs apart from the two suspended players. I can't honestly see too much wrong with that other than bringing Sylla back in but I'd prefer him over Hamill. Obviously with those players a more adventurous formation might be better but I can't see us playing anything but a 4-4-2

I honestly don't think Fryatt will play any part in the game on Saturday. Levein saying that he's 50/50 to me was just him dodging the question a little as he didn't want to get into the fact that Fryatt is injured on the day we sign him as everyone knows that there are people out there that would complain about us signing an injured player. Plus it gives Sturrock something else to think about. Watching the interview on World Levein says something like 'it'll put pressure on the other strikers at the club, even if he doesn't play for a couple of weeks' which to me is a better representation of when he'll be back and in the squad.

It's easier guessing lottery numbers than Levein's next team. Well, like a junkie needs his fix, Craig needs his Tiatto...so I think he'll go for:

------------------- Douglas ---------------------

Stearman - McCarthy - Johansson - Maybury

Sylla - Hughes - Kisnorbo - Williams - Tiatto

------------------ De Vries --------------------

Subs: Henderson, Dublin, Hume, Hammond, Hamill

Me? I'd swap Sylla and Tiatto for Hume and Hammond and kick some Owl-ass, 4-4-2 stylee.

Do Owls have asses? :huh:

It's easier guessing lottery numbers than Levein's next team. Well, like a junkie needs his fix, Craig needs his Tiatto...so I think he'll go for:

Me? I'd swap Sylla and Tiatto for Hume and Hammond and kick some Owl-ass, 4-4-2 stylee.

Tiatto is injured.

And it would be VERY harsh to drop Elvis after the way he played on Sunday!

Playing 4-5-1 against Sheffield Wednesday would send out the wrong message. Sod the negativity, it's not worked. We need to go for wins now and drag us out the predicament we're in. Wednesday are a very average side and we should be able to take the game to them.

My team would be 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. Levein should know by now that most of our best displays during his reign have come when we've played ATTACKING football. We're not solid enough to play for a 0-0 or 1-0.

And whatever happens, we must stick with the same back four we had on Sunday. Let's have some continuity for a change!

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy (Captain 100% record so far :thumbup:)

Johansson

Maybury

Hammond

Kisnorbo

Williams

Hughes

Hume

DeVries

If Fryatt is fit (which I doubt), he'll have to make do with a place on the bench.

---------------------------Douglas---------------------

Stearman ---- McCarthy © ---- NEJ ---- Maybury

Sylla ---------- Williams ------- Hughes --- Hamill

-------------- MDV -------------- Hammond -------

Bench ; Henderson, Kisnorbo, Hume, Dublin, Fryatt

If CL plays Tiatto as first choice ever again I'm going to join the 'Sack Levein' bandwagon. Seriously, the guy is a liability and offers absolutely nothing to our game. Hume is comfortable on his left foot and though not in any way a natural winger would offer much, much more than Tiatto in that position.

Alrite People

Wednesdayite here, always have a wee look at other teams boards before a game, and some intresting reading on this thread.

Im not here to cause arguments, have digs or anything just to have a chat if anything.

Glibert has played really well since signing, been very very impressed with him. solid defensively if anything doesnt get forward too much, but with Brunty on the left wing thats not really needed. Benn very impressed though and for a young lad hes a real little star, very surprised you let him go espicially seeing your left back on the box on sunday who looked anything but up to the standard.

On sunday was very impressed with your fight, similar to us, in that we battle for everything every minute, we are not the prettiest footballing side in the world, but were not meant to be, we are effective when we do what we are good at, direct play. NOT as lush, who seems ever so slightly biased and, has a large opinion on wednesday from what i would assume would be seeing us once. NOT a long ball team, just direct, we get the ball to the right place, our end of the field, with as little sidey sidey backy nicey passing as possible. So diect yes, Long ball Lumps, No.

We have two good wingers, which we use a lot, and are very dangerous at set pieces. The two new strikers have started very well, Tudgay played really well in both his first two games, and Burton started off cracking with two goals set up. Anyway just felt obliged to put the record straight on our so called LUMPS, also i think playing pace is your best chance, Woody is quick, and handled Hume easily when we played Tranny last year, but pace has caused us a few problems this year eg Camreon Jerome. Anything in the air or to there feet out cetre backs are playing extremley well and will gobble up.

Anyway there you go!

Sorry Lush but how you can stick up for Hamill is beyond me. He's done absolutely nothing of any importance other than a decent second hald performance against Coventry and scored against a piss poor Bury side. He's not set any goals up, he's not made any mazy runs, he's not done anything. His shocking performance in his 30 minutes against Spurs proved how out of his depth he is. No doubt you'll come back with some goofy reply, but as you often post - please give me some examples in the games Hamill has played where he's done something worthwhile. i.e. set up a goal, prevented a goal, scored a goal, etc.

Before sheehan was recently sent off, 95% of us wanted him in the side, but he`d hardly played. Since his sending off, half of us at best want him in the team. Whats changed, nothing, hes the same player who hasnt played much.

Hamill hasnt played much, when he has, hes played ok. If he was a right footed, you`d all be saying GET HIM IN INSTEAD OF SYLLA....try not to compare him to smith, theres no contest, but hes certainly a good back up.

Another thing, craig brings players in, of a CERTAIN quality PER position. Hamill (in craigs eyes) must be on the same, but lower level of quality as smith.

I read people talking about a balanced team, well who else is a left footed winger? Hamill scored a cracker for the reserves at arsenal.

If i was hamill, i`d understand that whilst smith was in the team, i`d got no chance, but when he aint, i`d expect to play, as sheehan should.

Archived