Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Team for Wednesday

Is Sylla not in Africa?

I hope it'll be something along the lines of...

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Johansson

Maybury

Hume

Kisnorbo

Williams

Hughes

Hammond

de Vries

Maybe swap Hume with Elvis.

I would pick that even if Sylla was available :o

Sylla

Will sylla be available? No fryatt?

Due to a recent cup shock, and improved performances, i go with:

--------------------douglas

stearman--macarthy--johanson--sheehan

hammond--maybury---hughes----smith

---------------fryatt------hume

I think douglas has just done enough to keep his place. With joey out, only maybury can take his place. Deep freeze did really well v spurs, but he aint good enough, fryatt must start cos hes on fire, and hume is our best player and fresh. The front 2 are also the future partnership, so nows the time to start em!!!!!!!

Whether sylla is available or not, hammond has prooved better equiped to scare defences. I can imagine my tean scaring the life outa sheff wed.

I fully expect craig to play kiso, and not sheehan. No fryatt, instead deep freeze, who will no doubt try his very best, and we`ll get a 1-1 draw....

I think douglas has just done enough to keep his place. With joey out, only maybury can take his place. Deep freeze did really well v spurs, but he aint good enough, fryatt must start cos hes on fire, and hume is our best player and fresh. The front 2 are also the future partnership, so nows the time to start em!!!!!!!

Whether sylla is available or not, hammond has prooved better equiped to scare defences. I can imagine my tean scaring the life outa sheff wed.

I fully expect craig to play kiso, and not sheehan. No fryatt, instead deep freeze, who will no doubt try his very best, and we`ll get a 1-1 draw....

Fryatt's injured int he?

Smith is suspended.

And de Vries clearly is good enough if he can do it vs the side 4th in the Prem.

What? how is he on fire he's not played for awhile.

Sylla is back for this Saturday, lucky us :whistle:

--------------------Douglas

Stearman--McCarthy--Johansson--Maybury

Sylla-------Hughes---Williams-------Hume

----------De Vries*------Hammond

*Replace with Fryatt if available

I'm fed up with our away form, we've got to starting picking up points and quick, preferably wins. It's just going to be a more difficult task when Kisnorbo is in the middle of the park. I'm sure he cares, and gives his all, i just don't see how playing him in the Makelele role in the Championship is going to have a positive effect on our team. It's a shame Wesolowski's recovery was delayed a little after Christmas, this would surely have been his chance.

My formation is pretty much all out attack which probably wouldn't work, but Williams has played the holding role before so he can do again. Somethings got to change away from home.

Fryatt's injured int he?

Is he, who said?

Smith is suspended.

Fock, well hamill can play LW.

And de Vries clearly is good enough if he can do it vs the side 4th in the Prem.

We cant afford to play that way v sheff wed. Spurs dont like the "lump it to him" game, but wenesday wont mind, cos there lumps anyway. They arnt good, and we must get at em. In the championship, pace is the key for a team like Leicester. Once you get by their sleepy defence, the goal is a treasure chest of gold.

It is fairly common knowledge about Fryatt, ask a Walsall fan.

Hamill is so bad but I imagine he will play :cry:

And with that kind of service and a decent referee, MDV could cause anyone problems. Ripped two bright up and coming centre halves to shreads, he can do it to the crap of Sheff Weds with, as I say, the right service and ref (he also scored 2 vs Sheff Wed earlier this season if you remember)

1. Douglas

17. Stearman - 5. McCarthy © - 15. Johansson - 2. Maybury

18. Hammond - 6. Williams - 16. Gudjonsson - 5. Hughes

10. De Vries - 8. Hume

Bench: 13. Henderson, 22. Sheehan, 3. Kisnorbo, 7. Sylla, 9. Dublin

Douglas looked pretty good for him on Sunday so he's back in favour with me finally, I hope he can keep up a reasonable amount of form for the rest of the season. Keep the back four from Spurs but adjust the midfield with Smith's unfortunate suspention. I'm not a big fan of putting Sylla back in the side - or Kisnorbo for that matter so I'd shift Hughes down the left as a last resort and drop Hammond back to the right flank. Bring Hume back up front just infront of De Vries, try to play like we did against Spurs and have Mark bring the ball down and knock it on to Hume a bit.

1. Douglas

17. Stearman - 5. McCarthy © - 15. Johansson - 2. Maybury

18. Hammond - 6. Williams - 16. Gudjonsson - 5. Hughes

10. De Vries - 8. Hume

Bench: 13. Henderson, 22. Sheehan, 3. Kisnorbo, 7. Sylla, 9. Dublin

Douglas looked pretty good for him on Sunday so he's back in favour with me finally, I hope he can keep up a reasonable amount of form for the rest of the season. Keep the back four from Spurs but adjust the midfield with Smith's unfortunate suspention. I'm not a big fan of putting Sylla back in the side - or Kisnorbo for that matter so I'd shift Hughes down the left as a last resort and drop Hammond back to the right flank. Bring Hume back up front just infront of De Vries, try to play like we did against Spurs and have Mark bring the ball down and knock it on to Hume a bit.

Joey suspended :(

douglas

sheehan (lb)

johansson (although when i re watched game on telly he kept having to stretch hamstring but hopefully ok for sat)

mcarthy

maybury (rb)

stearman

hughes

willaims

kisnorbo

hume

hammond

subs:dublin, henderson, de vries, fryatt, sylla

ok i will tell you why now, i think stearman would do a good job in midfield, he gets forward and back, and i would prefer to see him out of position than have hamill playing!

and de vries on bench coz i dunno why i no he can do it as proved on sat but well i dunno i like hume and hammond together.

Wesolowski will be back very soon, the lad played 25 mins for the academy and he's got to be about ready otherwise they wouldn't of risked him. I've seen some academy games and the challenges are worse than some of Essien's finest so he's obviously nearly ready.

It's the calm before the storm, James Wesolowski here he comes.

It is fairly common knowledge about Fryatt, ask a Walsall fan.

Some football fans think deep freeze should play on saturday, and some others (spurs) would like to swap him for rasiak :blink: *you dont know what your saying*, but ok, give us rasiak then :)

Hamill is so bad but I imagine he will play

Why is he so bad? Why would craig bring a LW here, difference in style to smith? Theres no contest, but the style is similar. V spurs, hamill wasnt brilliant, but he only played 30mins or so, and it was against a prem team.

And with that kind of service and a decent referee, MDV could cause anyone problems.

I hear ya, but smith and joey arnt playing.

Ripped two bright up and coming centre halves to shreads, he can do it to the crap of Sheff Weds with, as I say, the right service and ref (he also scored 2 vs Sheff Wed earlier this season if you remember)

Yes he did, and good goals they were, but what did he do in the next game, naff all, and was it poster breadandcheese who kept saying deep freeze plays well then doesnt.

The main fact is, hume n hammond (assuming fryatt is injured) are a better combanation, and the sheff wed defence will struggle with their pace and skill. Without smiths skill, we`ll need some in attack, or shall we lump it?

Some football fans think deep freeze should play on saturday, and some others (spurs) would like to swap him for rasiak :blink: *you dont know what your saying*, but ok, give us rasiak then :)

Why is he so bad? Why would craig bring a LW here, difference in style to smith? Theres no contest, but the style is similar. V spurs, hamill wasnt brilliant, but he only played 30mins or so, and it was against a prem team.

I hear ya, but smith and joey arnt playing.

Yes he did, and good goals they were, but what did he do in the next game, naff all, and was it poster breadandcheese who kept saying deep freeze plays well then doesnt.

The main fact is, hume n hammond (assuming fryatt is injured) are a better combanation, and the sheff wed defence will struggle with their pace and skill. Without smiths skill, we`ll need some in attack, or shall we lump it?

Sorry Lush but how you can stick up for Hamill is beyond me. He's done absolutely nothing of any importance other than a decent second hald performance against Coventry and scored against a piss poor Bury side. He's not set any goals up, he's not made any mazy runs, he's not done anything. His shocking performance in his 30 minutes against Spurs proved how out of his depth he is. No doubt you'll come back with some goofy reply, but as you often post - please give me some examples in the games Hamill has played where he's done something worthwhile. i.e. set up a goal, prevented a goal, scored a goal, etc.

--------------------------------------Douglas

Maybury ------------Paddy -----------------M Nissa -------------------Sheehan

-------------------------------------Stearman

------------------Williams ------------------------------Hughes

-------------------------------------Hume

-------------------------Elvis --------------------MDV

I don't think Sylla deserves a start, I'd like to try this combination, I also think Stearman would do a better job than Kisnorbo. I know it's wingless but then we haven't got any decent ones available. This formation can move fluidly from a 442 to a 532 or 433. Maybury and Shehan would have licence to get down the wings, Stearman is capable of covering the left and right. Hume can feed off of MDV and will have more freedom with their defence covering Elvis & MDV. Well I like it.

Henderson

Maybury

McCarthy

Johansson

Stearman

Hughes

Williams

Kisnorbo

Hammond

de Vries

Hume

I'd love too see Matty make his debut.

But I dont think he'll start even if he is fit.

Maybe he'll be given 20 mins :smile:

Archived