Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Team for Wednesday

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Johansson

Maybury

Hume

Kisnorbo

Williams

Hughes

Hammond

de Vries

Have to agree with Cobbo's team. I'm not really sure on Hume upfront. He doesn't get into the box enough or provide enough of a threat. Thus, i would like to see him tried on the wing, particularly with Sylla having flown back from Africa (and presumably tired from the flight).

I would hope that if Fryatt is only rated 50/50, that we don't bring him on after 70 mins, rather let him get back to full fitness and play him from the start.

No Momo playing either now. I guess Hamill will have to play:

No No Momo

Craig Levein has revealed that Momo Sylla has been refused permission to join up with the City squad for their Championship clash against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

Sylla is currently preparing for the African Cup of Nations with the Guinea squad, but the Foxes had reached an agreement to allow the player to return for the Owls clash.

But a u-turn from the Guinea management means that the 28-year-old winger will now be unavailable for the weekend.

Levein said: "We had an agreement for him to come back for this match, but the Guinea management has now told us that none of the players will now be allowed to leave until the end of the competition. That also includes Sambegou Bangoura who plays in the Championship with Stoke. It means we will effectively be without Momo until the end of this month."

With Joey Gudjonsson and Ryan Smith both suspended for the Sheffield Wednesday game, and Danny Tiatto out of the frame with a hamstring injury, Levein has been left short on cover in the midfield area for the fixture.

He added: "We have limited choices in that area and we don't really have any cover in the wide positions. We have only got something like 17 bodies to pick from for the game, and that includes a lot of the younger lads. We will have another look at the situation before the game."

Meanwhile, new signing Matty Fryatt remains 50-50 for the clash.

Levein said: "Matty had a slight hamstring injury when he joined us, and he remains touch and go for the weekend.

He has done a little bit of work on the training pitch, but we might have to wait until Saturday before we make a decision on him."

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~767540,00.html

If Hamill does play it's time he took his ****in chance. Now I know he's probably trying his best, but to me he's the most lightweight and timid player i've ever seen. It might be unfair of me to demand he changes his game overnight but it's blatantly obvious he won;t cut it at this level playing like he does.

I would be tempted to give O'Grady a start on the wing. That's where Rushden played him and by the sounds of it they loved him there. I think i'd rather give him a chance there than play Elvis out there.

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Nissa

Maybury

O'Grady

Hughes

Williams

Hamill

Hume

de Vries

Subs: Elvis, Gerrbrand, Kisnorbo, Sheehan, Fryatt

Sylla is out then now. I think we'll stick with 4-4-2 with Hamill And Hughes on the wings, but i'd rather us change it round a bit, 4-3-1-2 anyone? We may as well make use out of all our strikers.

--------------------Douglas

Stearman--McCarthy--Johansson--Maybury

------Hughes---Kisnorbo---Williams

-------------------Hume

---------De Vries*------Hammond

* If he's playing like he normally does in the Championship he needs to be replaced by Fryatt, early, if he's available of course. We've got to win this game and that looks good to me.

Nah he should try this:

--------------------------------------Douglas

Maybury ------------Paddy -----------------M Nissa -------------------Sheehan

-------------------------------------Stearman

------------------Williams ------------------------------Hughes

-------------------------------------Hume

-------------------------Elvis --------------------MDV

I'd like to try this combination, I think Stearman would do a better job than Kisnorbo. I know it's wingless but then we haven't got any decent ones available. This formation can move fluidly from a 442 to a 532 or 433. Maybury and Shehan would have licence to get down the wings, Stearman is capable of covering the left and right. Hume can feed off of MDV and will have more freedom with their defence covering Elvis & MDV. Well I like it.

Nah he should try this:

--------------------------------------Douglas

Maybury ------------Paddy -----------------M Nissa -------------------Sheehan

-------------------------------------Stearman

------------------Williams ------------------------------Hughes

-------------------------------------Hume

-------------------------Elvis --------------------MDV

I'd like to try this combination, I think Stearman would do a better job than Kisnorbo. I know it's wingless but then we haven't got any decent ones available. This formation can move fluidly from a 442 to a 532 or 433. Maybury and Shehan would have licence to get down the wings, Stearman is capable of covering the left and right. Hume can feed off of MDV and will have more freedom with their defence covering Elvis & MDV. Well I like it.

I prefer this one - it doesn't involve kisknobo

Is Sylla not in Africa?

I hope it'll be something along the lines of...

Douglas

Stearman

McCarthy

Johansson

Maybury

Hume

Kisnorbo

Williams

Hughes

Hammond

de Vries

Maybe swap Hume with Elvis.

I would pick that even if Sylla was available :o

I'd stick with that :thumbup:

I reckon he will go for:

DR: Stearman

DC: Mcarthy

DC: Johansson/Gerrbrand

DL: Maybury

ML: ? Hammil probably

MC:Williams

MC:Kisornobo

MR:Hughes

FC: De-Vries

FC:Hammond

I'd say that's the most probable line-up. With Hume on the bench it gives CL options to replace Hamill as LM if he's looking shaky or to move to a 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 formation.

Random point but I wouldnt rule out the appearance of Wesolowski on the bench if things really are as desperate in midfield as is being made out. Even if he just had a 10 minute run out if we're well in the lead, it would aid his recovery and would open up more options for Levein.

I think we should go all out attack!!

GK: Rad or Hendo (don't really care)

RB: Maybury

CB: McCarthy

CB: Johansson

LB: ??? Stearman (possibly swap with Maybury)

RW: Elvis (much more suited to running at the defence!)

CM: Hughes

CM: Williams

LW: Hamill

ST: De Vries (born again hero!!)

ST: Hume (Then Fryatt after 75mins if fit enough!!)

If this then I predict a 3 -1 Win!!!

Random point but I wouldnt rule out the appearance of Wesolowski on the bench if things really are as desperate in midfield as is being made out. Even if he just had a 10 minute run out if we're well in the lead, it would aid his recovery and would open up more options for Levein.

Something that's happened so often this season and especially away from home!!

There's also the possibility that Fryatt wasn't as injured as it was claimed he was. Negotiations had been ongoing and it was clear he was going to leave in the window. He may well have been over-cautious as wouldn't have wanted to risk more substantial injury if playing while not 100%.

Archived