Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mrnice1892

Gareth Williams

Fantastic ability, best passer i've seen at the club in a long while. I wouldn;t say he's lazy I just think he's very shy and that effects his game at times. When he's confident and playing regularly he's amazing at times.

It's down to Levein to get the best out of Williams and motivate him. If he was lazy, Levein would have shipped him out by now.

Fantastic ability, best passer i've seen at the club in a long while. I wouldn;t say he's lazy I just think he's very shy and that effects his game at times. When he's confident and playing regularly he's amazing at times.

It's down to Levein to get the best out of Williams and motivate him. If he was lazy, Levein would have shipped him out by now.

i would love to see Williams with Hughes more often.

Hughes was another player i always watched when he was at Rangers. Good player but a bit lightweight, is that still the case?

Yeah! Although I don't think his size gets exposed that often because he is a player who isn't afraid to get stuck in. He's built similar to Muzzy Izzet and he never had a problem battling in the centre of midfield and Hughes rarely does either.

Hughes was really highly rated up at Rangers wasn't he? I seem to remember them being pretty disgusted he left for only £100k

Williams is very good, and yes, cool too. He needs a long run in the team, preferably with the captain's armband. I'd be gutted if he left as I think he could be exceptional in the near future.

Williams is without doubt one of the best footballers at the club. It's been so frustrating that his attitude and application in a number of games has been poor, because he clearly has the talent to make us a better side.

Although, since him returning to the squad for the Crewe game, he looks to have moved up a gear. I just hope it's not another false dawn, because he's shown promise on many occasions, only to be dashed by his inconsistency.

Williams has improved a lot over the last few games. Or rather his performances have. However I can't help feeling suspicious that this good form has coincided with the opening of the transfer window. If he continues to play well when the window has closed then I'll believe that he's finally solved his apparent attitude problem. I've always been willing to give him another chance as he does have a lot of skill, however a few good games recently does not make up for a season and a half of patchy performances for me... yet.

Archived