Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dan_84

New Left back?

Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel has conceded he may be forced to leave the club.

The full back has struggled to hold down a regular place in David O'Leary's first team plans this season.

Samuel has made only 11 appearances this term and the former England Under-21 international admitted his future looks uncertain.

"Inevitably, when the transfer window opens, there is talk especially when you are not playing regularly," Samuel told the Birmingham Mail.

"My future at Villa is uncertain. It could be time for a fresh challenge. I'm paid to play football and that's what I want to do.

"I've only played one first-team game since the end of October and I'd like to be playing more.

"It has been hard to cope with being out of the side for so long."

I don't think it would be as unrealistic as some may think. He's not played since October, and there doesn't seem to be much interest in him. A loan move until the end of the season would be more beneficial for him rather then rotting away in the reserves. He's been very poor this season, hence O'Leary dropping him altogether. We certainly need a left back, and he fits the bill.

I don't think it would be as unrealistic as some may think. He's not played since October, and there doesn't seem to be much interest in him. A loan move until the end of the season would be more beneficial for him rather then rotting away in the reserves. He's been very poor this season, hence O'Leary dropping him altogether. We certainly need a left back, and he fits the bill.

I understand where you're coming from but i'd expect a better club than us to come in for him, or at least one pushing for promotion. Levein said that he doesnt like doing loan deals though and avoids them whenever he can unless they really are to good to resist (like Ryan Smith - how did he pull that one off!?!?)

I understand where you're coming from but i'd expect a better club than us to come in for him, or at least one pushing for promotion. Levein said that he doesnt like doing loan deals though and avoids them whenever he can unless they really are to good to resist (like Ryan Smith - how did he pull that one off!?!?)

I don't think he'd want to make the step down to the Championship, and even if he did he would probably cost quite a bit.

Good left-sided players are hard to come by, let alone ones that clubs can afford.

I think a good, experienced target could be Notts Forest's Gino Padula.

I don't think he'd want to make the step down to the Championship, and even if he did he would probably cost quite a bit.

Good left-sided players are hard to come by, let alone ones that clubs can afford.

I think a good, experienced target could be Notts Forest's Gino Padula.

fock that, i'm fed up of signing shit from forest, they are always rubbish or lazy or cu*ts. think Rogers, Scimica, Williams,

Samuel would be a good signing but i personally can't see him coming here, the boy is very good and is capable of playing premiership standard football week in, week out. If he doe leave Villa i'd expect him to go to Portsmouth or Fulham, a team like that. Anyway, what's wrong with Sheehan?

I don't know if youy already know but you also tried to get Julian Bennett from us at the same time as Fryatt but he's ended up at Florist.

He looked around the ground and you made an offer but other bids came in for him.

Not an ideal left back which Forest have signed him as but could have done a job. Much better as left sided centre half though.

Archived