Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Sheffield Wednesday match thread

How much longer is he going to get.

The ''Levein Out'' chants were loud today.

Hoof after Hoof.

No midfield , Williams was missing , Kisnorbo is just a joke, Hammil never been a footballer.

Ok if Fryatt was'nt fit he should'nt have been in the squad , If he was fit , he should have started.

We leave our best players on the bench.

**** disgrace , how many more games will it take to get this **** out

I think everyone agrees with you to be honest well i do anyway... :cry:

I think everyone agrees with you to be honest well i do anyway... :cry:

So do I, so over to you LCFC Board of Directors - if you want to save the club you ALL KNOW what has to be done

R I P Craig "The Tactician" Levein

Or so I hope so.

Just got home,still stunned by our inept capitulation today against a very,very poor Wednesday team.Apart from MDV turning in another futile display,the entire problem with our side was the midfield.Hughes and Williams occasionally skilfull but pathetically lightweight and peripheral.Kisnorbo and Hammill totally out of their depth and utterly woeful.If CL plays them again he is finished

Just got home,still stunned by our inept capitulation today against a very,very poor Wednesday team.Apart from MDV turning in another futile display,the entire problem with our side was the midfield.Hughes and Williams occasionally skilfull but pathetically lightweight and peripheral.Kisnorbo and Hammill totally out of their depth and utterly woeful.If CL plays them again he is finished

That's just it.. he isn't. He'll get away with it and get us relegated...

Just got back from hillsborough.....i just dont know what to think anymore.....is the team capable of getting us out of this mess....i dont want to single out any players..BUT...kisnorbo was shocking...hamill was nowhere....im not an advocate of forcing managers out of the club...but i for one joined in with the "few".*cough* Levein Out chants....

Just got back

What a poor Wednesday side, but we were even worse. WE only had four key squad players out today, Momo, Smith, Tiato and Joey. Jeeez, if the team we put out is all we can muster when 4 of our players are unavailable, there is little hope.

What was going on with the substitutions, Hume on for Elvis, it needed somthing for radical than that! Everyone could see that we were not creating. The obvious one for me was Hammil off, ELivs to right wing and Hughes over to the left.

At least that would have shacken things up.

Also, MDV was being marked out of the game with two on him for every high ball. We should have got it into his feet rather than pumping it up through the air.

Weaver looked well dodgy, shame we didn't make any chances.

Some thoughts on yesterday's debacle...

Too much reliance on the long ball to Hammond and De Vries.

Hammond is not a Championship centre-forward and cannot play with his back to goal due to his atrocious control. If he's got to play, and can resist the urge to run offside, right midfield is surely his best position. Here, he can run on to the ball over the full back and can flay them with his pace.

I cannot see the worth in playing Kisnorbo. He doesn't have the nouse or the skill. You can afford a passenger like Hamill stuck out on the wing, but surely not in central midfield, EVEN with the selection problems that CL had yesterday.

Hume should be starting every game, regadless of where he plays arosss the front line. Tranmere fans will tell you how talismanic he is - he's the sort of player we need for a scrap. He cost a lot of money as well.

The same should apply to Fryatt. He obviously has some pace. The message regarding Fryatt's signing should be clear from the off - we have not scored enough goals this season, this lad is here to sort it out. He is not one for the future, but one for now. We've paid money for him - if he's fit, get him involved straight away.

The Joe Hamill Experiment © need never happen again. He is a League Two player. Surely Hume should have started ahead of him?

If serious money is available for Williams (£500,000+) we should let him go to the highest bidder and invest the cash in a midfielder with more urgency.

Thats another thing our better players are going to want to get away from a relegation scrap and it is more likely the bigger clubs will come in for our players making it even worse for us because Levein will only replace them with more sh*t

Some thoughts on yesterday's debacle...

Too much reliance on the long ball to Hammond and De Vries.

Hammond is not a Championship centre-forward and cannot play with his back to goal due to his atrocious control. If he's got to play, and can resist the urge to run offside, right midfield is surely his best position. Here, he can run on to the ball over the full back and can flay them with his pace.

I cannot see the worth in playing Kisnorbo. He doesn't have the nouse or the skill. You can afford a passenger like Hamill stuck out on the wing, but surely not in central midfield, EVEN with the selection problems that CL had yesterday.

Hume should be starting every game, regadless of where he plays arosss the front line. Tranmere fans will tell you how talismanic he is - he's the sort of player we need for a scrap. He cost a lot of money as well.

The same should apply to Fryatt. He obviously has some pace. The message regarding Fryatt's signing should be clear from the off - we have not scored enough goals this season, this lad is here to sort it out. He is not one for the future, but one for now. We've paid money for him - if he's fit, get him involved straight away.

The Joe Hamill Experiment © need never happen again. He is a League Two player. Surely Hume should have started ahead of him?

If serious money is available for Williams (£500,000+) we should let him go to the highest bidder and invest the cash in a midfielder with more urgency.

He was splendid at knocking balls on and going out wide to collect the ball against Spurs. Looked a right handful, and he even managed to be at the right spot at the right time to score the goal. Surely if he can do it once, he can do it again. And I would describe that as good enough for Championship level...

I thought Hammond played quite well yesterday he just didnt get much of the ball because it was all being played high up to DeVries

I thought Hammond played quite well yesterday he just didnt get much of the ball because it was all being played high up to DeVries

Funny actually as Hammond can get higher up in the air than De Vries... they got the centreforwards mixed up!!

basically it was a shit day. had a lovely journey into sheffield with a fellow city fan letting us follow him to the stadium as we looked lost, then the exhaust fell of my mates car because he hit a speed bump, we parked in kwik fit and went to that chinese chip shop, which tasted like shite. went round the away end and pissed £5 away on a bet for hammond to score 1st & leics win 2-1. great start with stearmans bicycle kick and hammond almost made it 2 but for a good save. after that it was downhill and i didnt want to watch after 70 mins as looked like we would never score. de vries should have buried it in the dying minutes but all he could do is straight at the goalie. then leaving the ground a few chavs started on me and said they'd kick my head in but never actually got round to it, just useless idle threats. then going through the 1 way system out of sheff towards the m1 we were treated to a honda civic trying to creep by us and another civic mounting the kerb to get round him... the 1st civic stopped and popped his head out mouthin off at him on the kerb, so we decided to shout at him on the kerb, but the guy in the 1st civic thought we were shoutin at him, he was big and asian and all his m8s got out the car but we told him we werent happy with that dick on the path and he said its ok nor am i but the dick in the 2nd civic still managed to get by. obviously didnt have a license or insurance as he came close to hitting atleast 5 cars not including us. then i had to put up with a rasping exhaust of a 1.4 clio all the way down the m1. what a shower of shite.

oh it was nice to meet cobbo, katy and lisa thats definitely the highlight. but when i go to an away game the highlights should come on the pitch imo.

Archived