Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Levein says

he also said when we went 1-0 up we should have shut up shop. after 7 minutes!

If this is genuinly how he feels (which it is lets face it), he's got to go. I dont want to see 83 minutes of 10 men behind the ball. We've got 4 strikers, a couple of them might even be considered as competent so why the hell dont you use them!!

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~768565,00.html

Craig Levein says his side now know they are in a battle following Saturday's 2-1 defeat at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

The result leaves City in the bottom three of the Championship table, after Brighton gained a surprise 2-1 victory over Leeds at the Withdean.

Things couldn't have started better for the Foxes - Richard Stearman guiding an acrobatic overhead kick past Nicky Weaver with just seven minutes on the clock.

But first-half goals from Chris Brunt and Graham Coughlan gave the Owls the points on the day and saw Paul Sturrock's men leapfrog Leicester.

Levein said: "It's obviously a disappointing result for us. We started the match particularly well and had two or three good opportunities early on.

"We got in front, but to be fare to the lad Brunt he has scored a magnificent goal to drag them back into the game. But there was still a long way to go at that point.

"I am disappointed that after we went 2-1 down we didn't manage to create enough opportunities to give us a chance to win the match. We forced Weaver to make a good save in the last five minutes, but other than that I don't think we made them work as hard as they should have done.

"To be fair to my players they carried on battling in the second half and didn't look like a team who had downed tools.

"We have now got a game at home next week against Cardiff, and that is unfortunately the next opportunity we get to play.

"We face a tough battle now. But it is the same for all the other teams around us as well."

Levein was forced to make a change at half-time - replacing Richard Stearman with Patrik Gerrbrand.

Levein added: "That was a blow because Richard had arguably been out best player up until that point. He scored a fantastic goal.

"He has a dead leg. The physio tried to patch him up at half-time but it was impossible. We had to make a change, which wasn't ideal. But I don't think that effected the score because they only had one shot on goal in the second half, and that was in the last minute."

If this is genuinly how he feels (which it is lets face it), he's got to go. I dont want to see 83 minutes of 10 men behind the ball. We've got 4 strikers, a couple of them might even be considered as competent so why the hell dont you use them!!

More to the point...if he wants to play defensive then why not buy some defenders instead of keep accumulating strikers for his bench........

Levein:

"To be fair to my players they carried on battling in the second half and didn't look like a team who had downed tools.

Thats nowhere near what come accross on the radio. I cant accept that respone. That response is an absolute disgrace to the people who pay his wages.

"But I don't think that effected the score because they only had one shot on goal in the second half, and that was in the last minute."

Its amazing how he talks about their poor effort, and not ours. Im not so sure craig is a leader, who can install leadership on the pitch now.

Levein:

Thats nowhere near what come accross on the radio. I cant accept that respone. That response is an absolute disgrace to the people who pay his wages.

Its amazing how he talks about their poor effort, and not ours. Im not so sure craig is a leader, who can install leadership on the pitch now.

He never has been able too, and IMO never will be able too as well

It's ok saying that but we ARE in this battle, Levein hasn't failed yet, if he gets us out of this mess where will the majority of fans on here stand then?

Then we will obviously stand corrected.

The fact is we shouldn't even be in a relegation battle.

It's up to him to change our minds, but I see no sign of our league form improving do you?

No. But stop saying we shouldn't be in this battle, why shouldn't we? I don't think some of our players give 2 flying ****s about the club, maybe facing relegation is what they need as a huge kick up the backside and a motivator? Who knows?

We've spent more money than most of the teams in this league, we have a squad capable of quality football. We see this from time to time.

There's no way we should be at this end of the league!

what do you mean he hasn't failed?!? His aim this season was to finish above 15th (not very abitious anyway), we probably won't do even that

I don't really care where we finish as long as it is above the relegation zone. Levein does have a long term plan with the quality youth he has bought (or already had) at the club. This situation is not good enough for Leicester, and Levein knows that so lets show our support for the team and see if they can do the club and fans justice.

We've spent more money than most of the teams in this league, we have a squad capable of quality football. We see this from time to time.

There's no way we should be at this end of the league!

As you keep saying but it doesn't change the fact that we are. Yes, the squad is capable but fight and passion probably counts for more than that in this league, especially when you are at the wrong end of the table. I can name the players who are passionate about playing football for Leicester City in our squad on one hand which isn't good enough in my opinion

As you keep saying but it doesn't change the fact that we are. Yes, the squad is capable but fight and passion probably counts for more than that in this league, especially when you are at the wrong end of the table. I can name the players who are passionate about playing football for Leicester City in our squad on one hand which isn't good enough in my opinion

And whose fault is that? Levein brought them in. He has failed

:frusty:

No. But stop saying we shouldn't be in this battle, why shouldn't we? I don't think some of our players give 2 flying ****s about the club, maybe facing relegation is what they need as a huge kick up the backside and a motivator? Who knows?

You in a unwinnable argument. If you blame the players it is craig who brought them in, THIS IS HIS TEAM. If you blaim the motivation it is ultimately the manager's responsibility to gee them up for each game, the buck stops with craig I am afraid.

I watched an interview with that pompy striker who is of to african cup soon and it struck me how perrin can be compared with levein, he was asked whats the difference between redknapp and perrin and he answered "under perrin it was been worried what the other team can do, under redknapp it is we can beat this team and it is like that every single game".

You in a unwinnable argument. If you blame the players it is craig who brought them in, THIS IS HIS TEAM. If you blaim the motivation it is ultimately the manager's responsibility to gee them up for each game, the buck stops with craig I am afraid.

I watched an interview with that pompy striker who is of to african cup soon and it struck me how perrin can be compared with levein, he was asked whats the difference between redknapp and perrin and he answered "under perrin it was been worried what the other team can do, under redknapp it is we can beat this team and it is like that every single game".

IMO, the spine of the team is completely wrong. I was at Hillsborough today and you have Maybury, who was good last season but doesnt seem to give a fock now.

Do i even have to mention Kisnorbo? I think he is a candidate for the worst player to ever pull on the shirt. This was shown in about the 85th minute when he failed to execute a 5 YARD pass to Stephen Hughes.

Last but not least and i think we know who this is, of course, its De Vries. Had a great game against Spurs, looked like he was up to the battle but today he was shite. Another one who just doesnt seem to care which, when you're on 5 grand a week is disgraceful.

It's a bit like Ade Akinbiyi and Peter Taylor. Every time he plays De Vries, the greater the chance of him getting sacked.

And finally, i would just like to give a special mention to Joe Hamill, the worst winger i have ever seen. Has no pace, skill, vision, anything really. Oh yes, he is a winger for those of you who were'nt sure (being as he cant cross a ball). :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Archived