Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

We desperately need a midfield general

At the moment, joey, kisnorbits, twato arnt quite up to it, and its a core position of any successfull team. Without leadership within the middle of the park, a team will struggle, particuly in a relegation battle.

We need someone to calm things down, someone who can lead us, someone with experience, someone whos good at tackling, passing, talking, motivation etc etc. He needs to be athletic, have a decent second boot, but above all, he needs to have DESIRE, PASSION, and a never say die attitude to win, when all around him seems lost.

If we cannot bring someone in to do that, then the only player we have that can do this, is maybury.

We have a terrific RB in stearman, sheehan can play LB, whats the problem. Time is a ticking, craig needs to install some kind of leadership on the pitch, or were doomed!!

[..] We need someone to calm things down, someone who can lead us, someone with experience, someone whos good at tackling, passing, talking, motivation etc etc. He needs to be athletic, have a decent second boot, but above all, he needs to have DESIRE, PASSION, and a never say die attitude to win, when all around him seems lost.

If we cannot bring someone in to do that, then the only player we have that can do this, is maybury. [..]

I don't see those things in Maybury... I don't see it displayed in any of our players tbh.

:(

lush what is with you and maybury in midfield?? your obsessed about it, you say it in almost every post!

i think joey could do it, but i said earlier to someone i think that we need to actually bring someone in for midfield, with kisnorbo and hamill being schockin, joey suspended possible leaving, sylla only trying when he wants we need back ups!!

I don't see those things in Maybury... I don't see it displayed in any of our players tbh.

:(

Exactly right. He was one of those wankers who just didnt give a fock today, and has been for pretty much the whole of the season. Passion, pride and commitment are something that Maybury does not posess.

Weso's the man. Take a trip to Reserves game on Tuesday and see how he goes with a full game against Arsenal. Then get put him in vs Plymouth and Southampton. Will run the midfield and probably save CL's job.(what a shame).

Exactly right. He was one of those wankers who just didnt give a fock today, and has been for pretty much the whole of the season. Passion, pride and commitment are something that Maybury does not posess.

Any possibility of bringing Lennon in on loan? He's said that he will probably leave Celtic in the summer and with Keane there, maybe he'd like to be reaquanted with the foxes.

Doubt it though - :(

I think that Joey can do the job but if he leaves were stuck because Kisnorbo is NOT good enough

lush what is with you and maybury in midfield??

Weve lost 4 league games in arow. Its the core place on the pitch thats doing us, and just because maybury has the tag of "RB", doesnt mean he cant play the holding role.

your obsessed about it, you say it in almost every post!

Lets not get carried away here :rolleyes:

i think joey could do it, but i said earlier to someone i think that we need to actually bring someone in for midfield, with kisnorbo and hamill being schockin, joey suspended possible leaving, sylla only trying when he wants we need back ups!!

For me, its only the holding role position that needs working on. Weve tried all those possibles but maybury

its fair to say maybury couldnt do any worse then kis, i have heard someone say dublin could do that role, not too sure bout that tho

No chance, the holding role needs someone with bags of energy and Dublin unfortunatly he hasn't got any of this.

its fair to say maybury couldnt do any worse then kis, i have heard someone say dublin could do that role, not too sure bout that tho

I don't think Maybury would do any better or worse than Kisnorbo in that holding midfield role. As such, it doesn't offer us any kind of solution.

IMO, if we're not bringing in a new player to the fill the RM position, it would be better to just move Hammond to the right wing and have Williams or Joey in that holding role. That leaves Hughes to concentrate on the 'creative' midfield role and leaves us with MDV, Hume and Fryatt as options up front.

Of course, I'd much rather we brought in an experienced right winger and leave Hammond in his natural position up front.

Williams or Joey in that holding role.

What is it about williams, that people think he has hunger, desire, can tackle well, and lead us through this exceptionally difficult time, i dont see it. Hes a front midfielder, who isnt that good in that position.

At the moment, joey, kisnorbits, twato arnt quite up to it, and its a core position of any successfull team. Without leadership within the middle of the park, a team will struggle, particuly in a relegation battle.

We need someone to calm things down, someone who can lead us, someone with experience, someone whos good at tackling, passing, talking, motivation etc etc. He needs to be athletic, have a decent second boot, but above all, he needs to have DESIRE, PASSION, and a never say die attitude to win, when all around him seems lost.

If we cannot bring someone in to do that, then the only player we have that can do this, is maybury.

We have a terrific RB in stearman, sheehan can play LB, whats the problem. Time is a ticking, craig needs to install some kind of leadership on the pitch, or were doomed!!

Lush, a lot of time you talk trash. Other times you hit the nail on the head. I may not agree about Maybury playing this role but we certainly need someone in this position. An experienced player who can organise and lead the midfield.

Sadly, there are very few players who can offer anything or who are available. The closest I can think of is someone like Stephen Clemence (a player who I never thought much of, but at this level would be a good signing).

Maybury in CM?? He's bad enough playing at full back. I'm not sure where you get the idea of him as a 'leader' from anyway, he's not demonstrated anything to show he has the necessary skills or heart to perform in that role.

Of you are looking at the current squad, Gerrbrand may be able to fill in, he obviously is good defensively and is calm in possession but obviously it wouldn't be ideal.

What is it about williams, that people think he has hunger, desire, can tackle well, and lead us through this exceptionally difficult time, i dont see it. [..]

I don't see that in him either. What I do se is someone who can perform the holding role just as well as Kisnorbo but who at least offers something going forward. A little bit of vision, the ability to put through a good pass, the willingness to join in the attack when needed. He isn't perfect, by any means, he may seem to lack the leadership that we need in that position but, at the very least, he'll offer more than Kisnorbo.

Martyn - don't worry about lush, he's obssessed with Maybury in the same way that Thracian is with Sheehan.

Maybury has been poor this season - he may have been played out of position but even when he's played RB he's been average at best. He has no leadership (he was captain early in the season and didn't do much), has no determination, organisation etc.

It's like hitting your head against the brick wall with lush at times :frusty::frusty::frusty:

What is it about williams, that people think he has hunger, desire, can tackle well, and lead us through this exceptionally difficult time, i dont see it. Hes a front midfielder, who isnt that good in that position.

I still disagree with the general consensus on Williams. I think he is extremely talented. He has tremendous skill, vision and passing ability. He tracks back, follows and takes responsibility for his man. Yes he is not a tackler, but the positives outweigh the negatives.

The general assumption is that he played well against Spurs because he was in the shop window. I take the view that he played well because of the quality around him. Smith and Hughes were always available and getting into decent positions. Gudjonsson alongside was woking hard and was there to receive a pass.

Today, he was let down by Hamill, Kisnorbo and the fullbacks (Stearman excluded). No-one provided him with outlets. No-one was able to receive the ball and keep it ticking over.

I also eat humble pie for having the audacity to back Kisnorbo and suggest he might have a good game in a relegation six-pointer.

if you needed a midfielder i am suprised you didn't make a move for Lilian Nalis who has just moved to Plymouth from us im sure he would have been godd for you! But not to be i think you're squad can stayu up and i personally hope it does as i am a friend with a few leicster lads

Lush, a lot of time you talk trash.

Dont hold back now ;)

Other times you hit the nail on the head.

Why thankyou kind sir ;)

I may not agree about Maybury playing this role but we certainly need someone in this position. An experienced player who can organise and lead the midfield.

Sadly, there are very few players who can offer anything or who are available. The closest I can think of is someone like Stephen Clemence (a player who I never thought much of, but at this level would be a good signing).

Stephen clemence, jeez now your talking trash ;)

Knowing we cant get him and he isnt the answer, who at the club should play the holding role?

Archived