Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Reserves vs Arsenal

The Voice from above on another forum. ;):thumbup:

Just got back. We lost 4-1. 3 late goals. We wer very good for most of the game and the scoreline does not reflect the match at all.

Story of our season i guess.......

Posted by Duzza aka Durham Fox on another forum who has also supplied the updates. :D;):thumbup:

Quick run down for you.

As has been mentioned, we lost 1-4 but in truth matched Arsenal but our concentration dropped in the last 15 minutes.

Morris - excellent finish for his goal, looked very lively and good on the ball. Came off just before half time, clearly knackered. Played left wing.

Hume - As ever played well and showed some great touches. Missed a sitter though.

Dublin - little to do despite the scoreline. Missed four excellent chances to score from header.

Sheehan - did OK but distribution and set pieces were very poor.

OGrady - Excellent, led the line with strength and was a handful all night. Seems to have bulked up a bit which helps him out. He looked quick, lively and full of running. MoM first half easily.

Wesolowski - Did well, his injury certainly hasnt affected his confidence, still flying in to the 50/50 challenges. Probably not ready for the first team though.

Posted by The Voice From Above on another forum. ;):thumbup:

Re: Ressies v Arsenal

Heres my ratings for tonight....

Wesolowski. Brilliant. The lads enthusiasm is fantastic to watch. This is only the second time i've seen him play and i've been impressed both times. It looks as though the broken leg hasn't changed him either. He loves a tackle, always wanted the ball and ran all night long. MOM for me.

Morris. Again Good. Showed flashes of his pace and took his goal really well. Came off after 40 mins. which was sensible i guess.

Dublin. Didn't look as though he was enjoying it. Usual casual display. My wheelie bin is more mobile.

Sheehan. For me this lad is a little bit too cocky. Likes to chip the ball over the opponents foot when going in for a challenge too often instead of going through the ball. Will get caught out soon, mark my words. Not ready for the first team imo.

O'Grady. Excellent. Full of running. Always a handful. His upper body strength has improved and he used it to good effect. He won't be able to rely on this when playing against stronger, senior players though. Very direct and shot whenever he had the opportunity. Obviously looking to impress but sometimes a little too hard. Should have crossed when attacking the near post but shot from an acute angle instead. Louis Dodds was free in the box and would have scored.

Hume. Disapointing for me i'm afraid. O'Grady stood out much more. Looked as though he was a bit heavy legged. Is he fully fit? Missed a great chance clean through on the keeper.

From the OS. :D;):thumbup:

0,,10274~2813599,00.jpg

Morris Marks His Return With A Goal

His comeback to competitive action may have lasted less than a half, but Lee Morris was on the scoresheet as City's reserves lost 4-1 to Arsenal.

To say the scoreline flattered the Gunners is a gross understatement in a game which Leicester were in control of almost throughout. City can take a lot of positives from the encounter, not least the contribution of Chris O'Grady leading the forward line with an impressive combination of strength and skill.

Both Morris and James Wesolowski, himself nearing the end of a lengthy rehabilitation from a broken leg, put on great displays and showed no signs that they were hampered by their long-term absence. The pair played with pace, working hard in midfield and neither could be accused of shying away from tackles.

Lee Morris looked quite good considering the injuries he's had. He's still pacey and caused their right back problems. Got booked early on for a late challenge but had a few mis-timed challenges put in on him too. Hit the bar with a good header aswell as scoring before being substituted after about 43 minutes. It looked as if the substitution was his idea as some of the City players signalled to the bench for him. Didn't go straight down the tunnel either which makes me pretty sure he came through reasonable safe.

Posted by The Voice From Above on another forum. ;):thumbup:

From the OS. :D;):thumbup:

0,,10274~2813599,00.jpg

If we could have stopped the game at 60 minutes we'd have been savouring the most one-sided thrashing of an Arsenal team that I've ever seen from Leicester.

Sheehan had a good first hour and bad last 30 minutes but still laid on enough chances (two in particular for Dublin and one for O'Grady) that should have settled the match. Hume missed a sitter, Dublin put headers wide from yards out, O'Grady squandered opportunities, there was no end.

But the football? Super. Apart from the menace of Lupoli, we won every battle til that last 20 minutes. After that it was collective cop-out due probably to exhaustion. Hume and Morris had gone off, two good players who contributed to our rhythm and energy. We were never the same.

Weso and Kisnorbo are about as equal as a Centurian tank and a bubble car. Morris was magic, O'Grady an all-action nightmare for Arsenal's defence and there were plenty of secondary performances to be pleased with. Until the last 20 minutes I'd have backed the reserves to have beaten the first team on Saturday's show.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night and I still cannot believe Leicester didn't win. That might sound hard to believe looking at the scoreline, but Leicester had probably 20 efforts on goal and should have been a few goals up before Lupoli scored. The first 2 Arsenal goals were both off-side thanks to a shocking linesmen and referee, both of them looked like they were queer.

The score apart, I thought Leicester played some quality football and shouldn;t be too downhearted. Chris O'Grady was extremely impressive and has improved his game massively from the last time I saw him. He reminded me of a young Collymore and I cannot see why he shouldn't be pushing for a first team place. He is alot more skillfull and stronger on the ball than Elvis. He wins alot in the air, has quick feet which the Arsenal defence struggled to cope with and he's very intelligent. He linked up really well with Hume and there was some excellent one-two's played between them in tricky situations. I definately think O'Grady should be looked upon as a first team player and with the right training I cannot see why he can't be a decent striker. I'd be tempted to play the lad on the right wing, a role he seemed to convert to with ease during the game last night.

Wesolowski ran the show in midfield, the Arsenal midfielders didn;t fancy the challenge and anyone who thought he might be mentally scared from his leg break need not worry. Within 30 seconds he flew in with a bone crunching tackle and by the time i'd opened my eyes expecting the worst he was 30 yards up the pitch with the ball at his feet. He never needed to step up from 2nd or 3rd gear and it was a joy to watch. He was playing with composure and confidence, rarely lost the ball and made some crucial tackles and throughballs to the strikers. I might talk this lad up, but I think I have every right to. He's the ready made replacement for Gudjonsson, not that I would like to see Joey leave but if he does we needn't worry too much.

I was equally impressed with Levi Porter who played in the centre of midfield for alot of the match and worked tirelessly all game tracking back and going forward. As i've said before, his height doesn't get exposed as much at reserve level and he utilises his talent effectively. Joe Magunda linked up well down the right hand side with Dodds in the first half. He didn't impress me when I last saw him but last night he looked very agile and skillfull. Definately one to watch.

I must mention Lee Morris, who looked deadly in the 40 mins he played. He hit the bar, scored one and went on 3 or 4 terrific runs. He came off rubbing his groin (Nothing sexual), but didn't seem to be hindered much and would be surprised if he's done too much damage. Let's hope he gets himself avaialable for the relegation battle, we could do with his pace.

Hume looked as sharp as ever and had a brilliant header saved by the impressive Mart Poom (a player we should try and sign), Poom made 5 or 6 top draw saves. Hume did miss an inexplicable chance just before he was subbed and he was absolutely gutted when he missed. Linked up well with O'Grady and was encouraging the rest of the team, which was good to see. Wesolowski looks a mixture between Hume and Gudjonsson now he's had his head shaved. Freaky.

Chambers played for about 30 mins but didn't have much look. Showed some neat touches and a good run of pace but he was through on goal at 2-1 down and just when you expected to see the lad finish in style he was closed down easily.

Overall it was a decent show of football and Arsenal should count themselves very lucky, they had 4 shots and scored 4. 2 were offside, but as always a Leicester side failed to convert their possession and chances. Dublin had half a dozen headers and didn't make the goalie make a save, all went wide. A great display from O'Grady and Wesolowski which should give them alot of confidence and hopefully put pressure on the first team.

Some nice quotes from Morris, Weso and Black:

Morris back with a goal but reserves crash

by Andy Mann

City Reserves 1 Arsenal Reserves 4

A Lee Morris goal on his return to action after a year out through injury could not prevent Leicester City Reserves losing to Arsenal last night.

Morris enjoyed a lively run out on the left of midfield before he was withdrawn after 40 minutes.

Morris, who has endured a miserable run of injuries since his move to the Walkers Stadium, scored on the half-hour mark to equalise Arturo Lupoli's opener.

The 25-year-old also hit the bar with a header and was booked after just five minutes.

"That tackle for the booking was a year's worth of anger and frustration coming out!" said Morris after the game.

"I was a little off the pace to start with but I really enjoyed playing again.

"It was pleasing to score and I was disappointed to see the keeper get his hand to my header and touch it on to the bar. I went off because I was tightening up a bit. I have come this far so it's pointless taking any risks."

The performance of fellow long-term absentee James Wesolowski, who completed the full 90 minutes, was also a boost to the City camp.

Wesolowski was at the heart of much of City's best play in front of 1,127 spectators at Hinckley's Marston's Stadium.

There appeared no sign of the injury that has kept him out since the summer as he produced an all-action display in the centre of midfield.

And the teenager's performance may have given the watching Craig Levein a nudge ahead of this weekend's game against Cardiff.

"It was good to get through 90 minutes, though the result was disappointing," said the Australian.

"The break is fine but there was a bit of soreness in the muscles towards the end.

"I felt pretty good out there. It helped a lot having a few of the senior players there in Dion Dublin and Iain Hume."

Coach Kenny Black said: "It was nice to see Morris back in a Leicester shirt. It was his first game for a long time but his play was at a decent standard.

"I thought Wesolowski had a good game and was probably our best player."

City missed plenty of chances at 1-1 to take the lead. Centre-half Dublin went close with three headers while midfielder Louis Dodds hit the bar from fully 40 yards, Hume slid a gilt-edged chance wide and Chris O'Grady forced two good saves from Mart Poom and could have had a penalty. Late goals from Lupoli, Quincy Owusu-Abeyie and Anthony Stokes punished City's profligacy.

Black said: "I would have been disappointed with a draw so to lose 4-1 was not nice."

City: Cisak, Magunda, Norval, Dublin, Sheehan, Dodds, Wesolowski, Porter, Morris, Hume, O'Grady. Subs: Gradel, Pentney, King, Chambers, Muggleton.

Arsenal: Poom, Rodgers, Murphy, Larsson, Kelly, Muamba, Simpson, Stokes, Lupoli, Owusu-Abeyie, Tracy.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...812006396406431

Archived