Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Reserves vs Arsenal

Duo Set For Reserve Outing

Dion Dublin and Iain Hume look set to be named in the starting line up for City's FA Premier Reserve League South clash against Arsenal on Tuesday evening (7pm).

Dublin was an unused substitute in Leicester's defeat at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend, while Hume entered the fray during the second half from the bench.

And both players will be keen to get some match minutes under their belts as they push for a place in Craig Levein's starting line up.

Levein said: "We will be looking to give the players who haven't been starting for the first team of late a run out - and that includes the likes of Iain Hume and Dion Dublin."

The City boss also revealed some good news regarding long-term injury absentees James Wesolowski and Lee Morris.

He added: "James has played a part in an Academy and a reserve game, but the hope now is to give him the full 90 minutes against Arsenal.

"If he does ok then I will be tempted to include him in the squad for the game against Cardiff on Saturday or if not then the fixture the following Tuesday against Plymouth.

"Lee will make his first appearance of the season on the night. He's had a terrible time of it, but he is now available again."

Meanwhile, Arsenal look set to include left-back Ashley Cole in their squad for the game.

The England international made his comeback from injury as a substitute in the Gunners' 7-0 win over Middlesbrough on Saturday.

The game will be played at the Marstons's Stadium, home of Conference North side Hinckley United.

Admission to the fixture is just £2 for adults and £1 for concessions. Junior members go free - so don't forget to take your membership card along.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~769166,00.html

Morris is back, I bet Ashley Cole is quaking in his boots...

Why Hume is playing is beyond me, the rumours he's had a bust-up with Levein could well be true. The same could be said about Dublin, another who's been rumoured to have fallen out with Levein and now both are included in the stiffs.

Priceless.

why morris is left footed they won't see each other!

Does Ashley have bad eyesight? Morris can play on the left as a winger or up front as a striker, strikers move around the pitch...Ashley will see him... Do you see where I'm going with this...?

Anyway, it was a cheap shot from me, I wish Morris all the best and look forward to him coming back and saving our season.

Why Hume is playing is beyond me, the rumours he's had a bust-up with Levein could well be true. The same could be said about Dublin, another who's been rumoured to have fallen out with Levein and now both are included in the stiffs.

Priceless.

If either of them have had arguements with the manager (which I very much doubt on Hume's part) then I can't see anything wrong with them being made to play in the reserves. Whether people think Levein is the right man for the job or not, surely he couldn't let players who argue with him - possibly in front of the rest of the squad, lowering morale even further - go unpunished.

That said it is probably just because they've both not played for a few games, Hume's sub appearance aside.

Does Ashley have bad eyesight? Morris can play on the left as a winger or up front as a striker, strikers move around the pitch...Ashley will see him... Do you see where I'm going with this...?

Anyway, it was a cheap shot from me, I wish Morris all the best and look forward to him coming back and saving our season.

If either of them have had arguements with the manager (which I very much doubt on Hume's part) then I can't see anything wrong with them being made to play in the reserves. Whether people think Levein is the right man for the job or not, surely he couldn't let players who argue with him - possibly in front of the rest of the squad, lowering morale even further - go unpunished.

That said it is probably just because they've both not played for a few games, Hume's sub appearance aside.

Why has de Vries never been made to play for the reserves when he was on the bench during the Hume/Hammond partnership?

Why has de Vries never been made to play for the reserves when he was on the bench during the Hume/Hammond partnership?

Because he's fitter than the other two because he came in early for training this season while Dublin is old and Hume had fitness problems earlier in the season? Because he works harder in training and so stays fit properly? Because for a couple of those weeks he was sick anyway? I dunno. Wadda ya want? I'm not Levein. :huh::P:unsure:

^_^

Just what i was thinking Ric. I hope that Levein has not fell out with Hume as i think he is one of the best footballers at the club and if i had a choice of Levein or Hume to go, i know whioch one i would choose to stay

Priceless.

they probably dared criticize CL's beloved kisnorbo, hammil or Rab :ph34r:

This always happens when the team is doing badly, people start looking for hidden reasons for the Manager's actions. If we'd have won the last 5 games (I wish) I'm sure Hume & Dublin would still be in the reserves keeping up their match fitness and no one would take a blind bit of notice..

From lazzer on another forum. ;):thumbup:

latest from duzza "morris looked quite fit ( IANGWOC) until he was pulled off at half time as planned.weso looks good. hume and O'grady excellent. still one -one back to the studio"

1-1

Morris

Archived