Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Craig Levien a low budget Peter Taylor?

There is one thing that cries out to me is the phrase "one for the future"!!

Wasn't that something that Mr Taylor said all the time?

and i think we hear another City manager saying the same thing now!

Also Taylor always played a certain Junior Lewis no matter what! But at least i saw him have one good game!

mr levien insist on playing Patrick (why aren't i an the australian squad) Kisnorbo who has equally less talent but has not had one good game.

There is one thing that cries out to me is the phrase "one for the future"!!

Wasn't that something that Mr Taylor said all the time?

and i think we hear another City manager saying the same thing now!

Also Taylor always played a certain Junior Lewis no matter what! But at least i saw him have one good game!

mr levien insist on playing Patrick (why aren't i an the australian squad) Kisnorbo who has equally less talent but has not had one good game.

Derby County away???? He played well that day.

Nissa 26

Sylla 28ish

MDV 29ish

Rab 30+

Elvis 24

Hume 22ish

Seems like a fair mix to me.

And Adams played Slowcroft all the time. Is he another Peter Taylor also? Oh no he can't be as he only signed geriatrics and cripples.

he probly played the best out of all the left backs we've tried that day

This is why I say play him at left baqck and not in centre midfield. I wonder if Craig Levein watches a different game to us.

Maybe thats why he took up sitting in the stand earlier in the season.

But scowcroft did actually have some good games!

and scored 10 goals the seasin we went up!

So Craig Levien is doing a good job is he?

and so did peter taylor?

I think not!

The table doesn't lie!

Did anyone say Levein is doing a good job?

Your point about being shit is correct, saying he is the new PT just because we are doing shit is stupid. May as well say he is the new Pleat. It's a pointless comment.

You probably think Levein loves MDV and plays him all the time when he is shit. How many goals has he scored again? Oh yeah 9 in how many games less than Slowcroft. And that's in a shit team.

to be fair scowie looked worse as mickey ahd an obsession with playing him on the flanks instead of astriker

This is beside the point anyway.

I'm just sick of people being contradictory, we have a decent mix of ages now. People were crowing for younger players and it was half the reason adams got hounded out, we are buying them now!! So don't now moan about it.

i agree with you!!

the problem is our current 1st 11 doesn't have that much experience of championship level football, yet alone fighting relegation.

though with more attack minded tactics this wouldn't be such a problem

the problem is our current 1st 11 doesn't have that much experience of championship level football, yet alone fighting relegation.

True but could we afford any different. Good players from the premier and this division cost more money than we have.

Peter Taylor is a far better coach then Craig Levein.

Ok he didn't spend wisely but that's not entirely his fault, the price of players around that time was scandalous!

Not for us he wasn't.

His buys were enirely his fault. Akinbye 5m???? Viduka got sold for 6m at the same time. Hmmmmm.

Did anyone say Levein is doing a good job?

Your point about being shit is correct, saying he is the new PT just because we are doing shit is stupid. May as well say he is the new Pleat. It's a pointless comment.

You probably think Levein loves MDV and plays him all the time when he is shit. How many goals has he scored again? Oh yeah 9 in how many games less than Slowcroft. And that's in a shit team.

Ok so De Vries has scored 9 goals but, you can't rely on the guy. Did you know his last league goal came against Coventry on 23rd OCTOBER 2005. He got two in that game and the next time he scored for us was against Spurs. He has only scored 6 league goals all season so 6 goals in 28 games. That's an average of 1 goal every 4.6 games. Do you think thay are good stats for a striker?

Thanks for telling me what i think!!!

I dont have a problem with Big Mark playing at all only that kisnorbo was playing instead of williams until recently!!!

And the reason i have said it was not the fact that we are doing crap, it was the things that he says!

In one respect at least, there is a certain similarity between Levein and Taylor: they both underestimated the quality of the players required for the task at hand.

Given £17m or so Taylor quickly starting paying way over the odds for lower league players and putting them on generous contracts. The AKINBIYI episode was a classic. Eyebrows were raised throughout football at the £5m price tag (particularly when at exactly the same time Mr Eidur Gudjonsson was having big doubts about moving from Bolton to Chelsea for £4.5m as he felt he woudn't see enough first team football).

In the olden times one of the great management arts was trawling the lower leagues (when the pool of players was national rather than global as it is now). But you went fishing for tuna and salmon, not herrings and sprats. Taylor's error wasn't just that he went to the wrong grounds it was that he dredged the bottom. He did not have an eye for a player.

Levein's mistakes in the transfer market are not as glaring given LCFC's straitened financial circumstances and league status. Like Taylor he went back to what he knew (in his case the SPL) and like Taylor he wasn't discerning enough. Really, Levein should have been sniffing around squad players at Prem clubs 10-20 or looking at quality players in the minor European leagues (where there are a lot of bargains to be found).

But again like Taylor, he didn't have these kinds of targets watched, he didn't have the contacts with the right agents and he didn't have the pull to land them. He went the lazy mans way about things (the way that 99% of managers work): buy what you've worked with, buy what your familiar with and buy what will come with you.

Amen.

In one respect at least, there is a certain similarity between Levein and Taylor: they both underestimated the quality of the players required for the task at hand.

Given £17m or so Taylor quickly starting paying way over the odds for lower league players and putting them on generous contracts. The AKINBIYI episode was a classic. Eyebrows were raised throughout football at the £5m price tag (particularly when at exactly the same time Mr Eidur Gudjonsson was having big doubts about moving from Bolton to Chelsea for £4.5m as he felt he woudn't see enough first team football).

In the olden times one of the great management arts was trawling the lower leagues (when the pool of players was national rather than global as it is now). But you went fishing for tuna and salmon, not herrings and sprats. Taylor's error wasn't just that he went to the wrong grounds it was that he dredged the bottom. He did not have an eye for a player.

Levein's mistakes in the transfer market are not as glaring given LCFC's straitened financial circumstances and league status. Like Taylor he went back to what he knew (in his case the SPL) and like Taylor he wasn't discerning enough. Really, Levein should have been sniffing around squad players at Prem clubs 10-20 or looking at quality players in the minor European leagues (where there are a lot of bargains to be found).

But again like Taylor, he didn't have these kinds of targets watched, he didn't have the contacts with the right agents and he didn't have the pull to land them. He went the lazy mans way about things (the way that 99% of managers work): buy what you've worked with, buy what your familiar with and buy what will come with you.

Amen.

well said!

Archived