Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Jay Smedley

Anyone know what's happened to him? Is he still injured? Also, what's happened to James Graham? Injured again? Shame.

Smedley was an unused sub for the Academy on Saturday. Graham just seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. bluearmy5 might know a bit more?

I'm not exactly sure why they were given squad numbers ahead of some of the the other youngsters, although it's not their fault they got injured I suppose.

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post on the website.My source at the training ground tells me that smedley is still recoverin from a knee injury and is slowly being introduced to training and games. Graham on the other hand is rumoured to have had a fallout with the management and is currently looking around other clubs. :angry:

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post on the website.My source at the training ground tells me that smedley is still recoverin from a knee injury and is slowly being introduced to training and games. Graham on the other hand is rumoured to have had a fallout with the management and is currently looking around other clubs. :angry:

Oh surprise, surprise !

James Graham is leaving or has left Leicester City .It seems that the management and he did not agree . Seems a tragic waste of talent , I know he has had some injuries but he is just 18 and recently scored twice vs Portugal at Under 19@s for Scotland.

His name has now been taken off the squad list on the OS and it may have been taken off the back of the matchday programme, I can't find it at the minute.

• 5 weeks later...

James Graham is on trial at Oxford United if anyone's interested. I'll be keen to see how he gets on, there haven't been many youngsters that have left Leicester and made us pay for it.

If he stays fit (and that is a big if) he might be one player who could come back to haunt us. :huh::unsure::ph34r:

Smedley is in the reserves side at West Ham tonight and I think he made an part-game appearance three or four weeks ago so he's still on the scene.

He might well be needed in the first team if we can't get anyone in to cover injuries and suspensions. He was a class act for the youth team alongside Stearman 2 seasons ago.

At the moment I'm more optimistic about the attackers than the defenders we've got coming through but Adam Wykes has shown up well at times though I don't often go to the away matches so I might have got an unbalanced view.

For such a young side all round they are starting to get excellent results often against bigger and older opposition, partly, I imagine, because the squad seems fairly settled now.

Many are playing both Academy and reserves fixtures regularly so they have been gaining experience fast and clearly understand what they are trying to do. There also seems a good spirit and Steve Beaglehole impresses me as being continually involved in trying to get the most out of everyone.

At the moment I'm more optimistic about the attackers than the defenders we've got coming through but Adam Wykes has shown up well at times though I don't often go to the away matches so I might have got an unbalanced view.

For such a young side all round they are starting to get excellent results often against bigger and older opposition, partly, I imagine, because the squad seems fairly settled now.

Many are playing both Academy and reserves fixtures regularly so they have been gaining experience fast and clearly understand what they are trying to do. There also seems a good spirit and Steve Beaglehole impresses me as being continually involved in trying to get the most out of everyone.

I still think they need to recruit more youngsters. Levein had a big effect on trying to do this and has done with the arrival of Max Gradel, Eric Odihambo, Ryan Beswick and Tommy Tejan-Sie. All 4 of those came from London clubs and I had heard that Levein wanted to make sure we were always trying to be first in the que when youngsters from the midlands became available.

I think they should look further ashore aswell, when Alan Hill was here he had contacts scouting for us all over the globe for youngsters to join our academy and that resulted in the arrival of James Wesolowski and Tomi Petrescu. There are lots of great youngsters we could bring in from countries like Slovakia, Bulgaria, etc that end up going to top european sides after they've established themselves in their countries and if we are on the ball we could get them earlier like Arsenal do.

I know i'd prefer us to produce mainly British players as it's good for the English game, but there's an opportunity out there to find some really good players for hardly any capital used.

It was Jay's birthday the other day :thumbup: 19 years old.

:ermm: I thought that was interesting (in a random way). :ph34r:

Hamill's on Saturday too, I won't start a thread for him either though... poor guy gets enough abuse as it is without getting some on his birthday <_<.

Smedley was an unused sub for the Academy on Saturday. Graham just seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. bluearmy5 might know a bit more?

as has been said earlier. Graham is on trial with Oxford having just been released. i would have said something but i wanted to wait until it was official cus it's not nice talking about youngsters being released.

as has been said earlier. Graham is on trial with Oxford having just been released. i would have said something but i wanted to wait until it was official cus it's not nice talking about youngsters being released.

Do you know why he was released? Seems abit strange considering he has got to be in the top 3 top youth team scorers at this club in the past few years.

Do you know why he was released? Seems abit strange considering he has got to be in the top 3 top youth team scorers at this club in the past few years.

know i don't at the moment. i can try and find out for you though. i want to find out why for myself aswell cus i thought he was doing well for us. perhaps it's because they have just given o grady a new two and a half year deal and they don't see him breaking in to the setup with all the lads already ahead of him.

know i don't at the moment. i can try and find out for you though. i want to find out why for myself aswell cus i thought he was doing well for us. perhaps it's because they have just given o grady a new two and a half year deal and they don't see him breaking in to the setup with all the lads already ahead of him.

Probably, plus he's been injured alot in the past year or so. Try and find out why Dodds didn't go on loan to Hinckley United if you can.

It said it in one of the local papers that he was set to go on loan about a month ago but then he never did.

Smedley played his first full game for the reserves tonight after his injury.

Archived