Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Jay Smedley

I still think they need to recruit more youngsters. Levein had a big effect on trying to do this and has done with the arrival of Max Gradel, Eric Odihambo, Ryan Beswick and Tommy Tejan-Sie. All 4 of those came from London clubs and I had heard that Levein wanted to make sure we were always trying to be first in the que when youngsters from the midlands became available.

I think they should look further ashore aswell, when Alan Hill was here he had contacts scouting for us all over the globe for youngsters to join our academy and that resulted in the arrival of James Wesolowski and Tomi Petrescu. There are lots of great youngsters we could bring in from countries like Slovakia, Bulgaria, etc that end up going to top european sides after they've established themselves in their countries and if we are on the ball we could get them earlier like Arsenal do.

I know i'd prefer us to produce mainly British players as it's good for the English game, but there's an opportunity out there to find some really good players for hardly any capital used.

I think you will find it's Jon Rudkin as Director of the Academy who was responsible for the new faces.

CL did little to bring academy players. They have their own network of scouts all over the world and lot better than the clubs I might add.

Jon was also been helping RK by sitting in the west stand and phoning down advice. You sometimes get a better perspective of what is going on on the far side of the pitch if you sit in the stands. Big Sam at Bolton does it most games.

Yes Allan Hill was very good it's a pity he had to go when we went into administration. I still see him at our home games sometimes and he has a soft spot for LCFC. He now workd for Spurs.

I think you will find it's Jon Rudkin as Director of the Academy who was responsible for the new faces.

CL did little to bring academy players. They have their own network of scouts all over the world and lot better than the clubs I might add.

Jon was also been helping RK by sitting in the west stand and phoning down advice. You sometimes get a better perspective of what is going on on the far side of the pitch if you sit in the stands. Big Sam at Bolton does it most games.

Yes Allan Hill was very good it's a pity he had to go when we went into administration. I still see him at our home games sometimes and he has a soft spot for LCFC. He now workd for Spurs.

Very interesting, cheers!

I knew Levein wasn't himself responsible for bringing in academy players at that would be a pretty hard task for him to do along with all the other managerial tasks he did but I am aware that he requested the academy staff to fine tune their recruitment strategies and make sure we were scouring the local areas for the local talent aswell as further afield.

if he's only on trial he may still be back unless he was actually released, which i dont remember reading on the OS, but that doesnt say alot

Dawson turned down a contract offer and signed for Mansfield (?)

Dawson turned down a contract offer and signed for Mansfield (?)

i was refering to graham, but yea dawson signed for mansfield, i think he was offered a take it or leave it deal on lower pay, he would probly have played by now with all the injuries we've had in midfield

i was refering to graham, but yea dawson signed for mansfield, i think he was offered a take it or leave it deal on lower pay, he would probly have played by now with all the injuries we've had in midfield

It wasn't lower pay it was equal pay, he was offered nearly twice as much by mansfield i believe.

It wasn't lower pay it was equal pay, he was offered nearly twice as much by mansfield i believe.

Which goes to show how little we must have offered him. If it was equal with his previous contract then it was literally only a few hundred quid as he signed that contract when he first arrived from Ireland 4/5 years ago when he definately wasn't in the position to haggle over wages. No wonder he pissed off elsewhere.

Which goes to show how little we must have offered him. If it was equal with his previous contract then it was literally only a few hundred quid as he signed that contract when he first arrived from Ireland 4/5 years ago when he definately wasn't in the position to haggle over wages. No wonder he pissed off elsewhere.

Word around here is that Dawson has been attracting the intrest of a few League 1 clubs.

Word around here is that Dawson has been attracting the intrest of a few League 1 clubs.

Wouldn't surprise me, he's good enough to play at a higher level than he's at and good luck to him. He was always going to find it hard at leicester as Wesolowski is a similar type of player to him. But at the time of leaving, Levein hadn't ever mentioned Weso being in his future plans and I couldn't believe that Dawson was leaving and that Levein hadn't recognised Weso's talent.

I wish Dawson was still here as he'd have got a chance this season such as now when we've only got 3 central midfielders.

Steven ref you comment .

"What is going on in his head. A real goal poacher and now he goes to Oxford to play in midfield." . As I heard it Graham did not have a great deal of say in whether he went to Oxford or not .Leicester City terminated his contract and he needs to find another club if he wants to stay in the game .He is a striker not a midfield player but Oxford played him in midfield I am sure not his choice but what can you do if you are "out of work". Thracian takea look at the 2003/2004 Academy results if you never heard of Graham , that year he and Dodds took the academy league apart , James was a prolific scorer . Unfortunately he then had two Hernia Operations but came back at the end of 2004/20005 and scored 3 in two games . Something happened to James he upset someone thats for sure because he never got another chance. I wish him the best of luck and I hope that he gets a club and makes the progress in the game that his talent deserves.

Steven ref you comment .

"What is going on in his head. A real goal poacher and now he goes to Oxford to play in midfield." . As I heard it Graham did not have a great deal of say in whether he went to Oxford or not .Leicester City terminated his contract and he needs to find another club if he wants to stay in the game .He is a striker not a midfield player but Oxford played him in midfield I am sure not his choice but what can you do if you are "out of work". Thracian takea look at the 2003/2004 Academy results if you never heard of Graham , that year he and Dodds took the academy league apart , James was a prolific scorer . Unfortunately he then had two Hernia Operations but came back at the end of 2004/20005 and scored 3 in two games . Something happened to James he upset someone thats for sure because he never got another chance. I wish him the best of luck and I hope that he gets a club and makes the progress in the game that his talent deserves.

Can I just ask if you know that's true? We've had a few strikers that have scored bags full for the academy but have just vanished off the face of the earth. Stevenson and Larvin had good goal scoring records but it counted for nothing when it came to making it at senior team level.

Can I just ask if you know that's true? We've had a few strikers that have scored bags full for the academy but have just vanished off the face of the earth. Stevenson and Larvin had good goal scoring records but it counted for nothing when it came to making it at senior team level.

Stevenson played a few games and was generally shite. He scored a couple though , one of them being at Portman Road in the 6-1 defeat.

Stevenson played a few games and was generally shite. He scored a couple though , one of them being at Portman Road in the 6-1 defeat.

And where is he now? Cambridge City was one place he was at but I thought I heard he'd moved to a club in the East Midlands a while ago. Alfreton Town possibly.

And where is he now? Cambridge City was one place he was at but I thought I heard he'd moved to a club in the East Midlands a while ago. Alfreton Town possibly.

Yeah he's playing for Alfreton in the Conference North!

He signed a 12 month contract with them last Summer, and has scored 8 goals in 32 appearances so far this season.

• 7 years later...

Archived