Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Message From TIM DAVIES

Message From Tim Davies

The Leicester City Chief Executive speaks to fans ahead of the club's crucial Championship clash against Cardiff at the Walkers Stadium.....

0,,10274%7E2800782,00.jpg

Welcome to our first home Championship game of 2006 and I'd personally like to thank you for all your support now and throughout 2005. You make our club.

Many of us will want to put last year behind us from a league result point of view.

The results have been poor and have to improve. Curiously our results in cup games have been significantly better as reflected against Spurs earlier this month.

The need to repeat these cup successes in our remaining league matches this season is imperative.

As a board and the Chief Executive, I have received much and varied correspondence over the past month with regards to our current league position.

Thank you for this correspondence. It is always useful and thought provoking. Our results are unacceptable and it is clear on what we need to deliver.

We are all fully aware that this club has never been relegated to League One.

Indeed many of us were there at the infamous Oxford match and the Tony James goal. I can personally remember it like it was yesterday.

When Craig (Levein) came here we set out on a strategy to build the foundations for permanent long term success i.e.

- Players on longer term contracts, living locally who want to do well for the club

- Development of younger players through the Academy system

- Reduction of the average age of playing squad

- Sustainable off-field business development to support the club

- Financial prudence - living within our means

We have made considerable progress against this strategy. However none of us envisaged the current position we find ourselves in.

The priority and duty now is staying up whilst ensuring the club is not put in financial jeopardy. This is not an easy nor comfortable balancing act.

Whilst I agree results are everything and in talking to many contacts in football, the general consensus is that our main issue is scoring goals.

This is supported by the Football League statistics. We are half way up the goals conceded league status table (whilst not what is required, it is not disastrous).

We are top of the shots on target and hit the woodwork tables but bottom of the chances converted table (around 15%) whilst Reading and Sheffield are above 30%. Most clubs are above 20%.

I know that stats are not everything and that many have concerns over motivation, strength and the team etc.

However whilst not ignoring theses issues we have initially gone down the route of buying Matty Fryatt to help improve our goal ratio and to provide further competition for players to score goals.

Matty will hopefully be making his first full start this afternoon (Welcome to Matty - no pressure!).

I can assure you that the players and management team are also fully aware of their responsibilities to all of us.

I ask you please, at least for the matches themselves, to get behind the team.

Including today, we have nine more home league games this season.

We all, despite different and passionate views, have one common goal, to get our football club winning and winning now.

There has never been a more crucial time to support your Leicester City.

There's a debate in there....it's raging all over every board and in every pub in Leicester (except the one where the Tigers fan goes). One thing is true though, now is the time not to slag the players during matches. We must recreate the kind of support and atmosphere we generated in the season that culminated in the Oxford game. That really was an 'all in it together' feeling. Support the team, lets do our bit to make sure we don't go down....and then we can have the debate. Agreed?

Oh dear I posted TD's message in another thread. :(:cry::blink::blush::huh::unsure::whistle:

No problem I put it up as a new topic as I thought a few people wouldn't read the other thread, perhaps having got bored with it, a bit like this post of mine ;)

The message was so good :whistle: we posted it twice :P

No problem I put it up as a new topic as I thought a few people wouldn't read the other thread, perhaps having got bored with it, a bit like this post of mine ;)

The message was so good :whistle: we posted it twice :P

I will always read a davieG post. ;):thumbup:

There's a debate in there....it's raging all over every board and in every pub in Leicester (except the one where the Tigers fan goes). One thing is true though, now is the time not to slag the players during matches. We must recreate the kind of support and atmosphere we generated in the season that culminated in the Oxford game. That really was an 'all in it together' feeling. Support the team, lets do our bit to make sure we don't go down....and then we can have the debate. Agreed?

Remember it well Chris. But the galvanising fact was the removal of David Pleat. Unless the same happens to Craig levein I doubt if the same will happen this time.

The most important line in the whole article is the last.

For all the so called fans who choose to boo before and during the game, that's against the team as a whole and individual players, take note that this IS really the time to stand up and be counted as a fan of our club.

Support as against verbal abuse WILL help the team. I'm not saying that cheering them on will win a game for us but it certainly helps.

If you don't want to SUPPORT the team - don't go and voice your opinion on the moan in.

COME ON YOU CITY SLICKERS !!!!!!

Just goes to show once moer what a great CE he is, honest and to the point.

I'm not quite sure what to read into it as far as Leveins future but Tim is right in urging the fans to get behind the team during games, the board know the majority of us want Craig sacked but during the 90 mins we don't need to reitterate it. After the game, should we have lost, then is the time for the Levein out chants.

I'm not quite sure what to read into it as far as Leveins future but Tim is right in urging the fans to get behind the team during games, the board know the majority of us want Craig sacked but during the 90 mins we don't need to reitterate it. After the game, should we have lost, then is the time for the Levein out chants.

Couldn't have summed it up better :thumbup:

Not really Ricey. ;):thumbup: That means protesting on TD's terms and as such does not constitute much of a protest. :D;):thumbup:

For the record it is 50-50 as to whether I go and if I do then I won't be protesting in any shape or form. ;):thumbup:

Not really Ricey. ;):thumbup: That means protesting on TD's terms and as such does not constitute much of a protest. :D;):thumbup:

For the record it is 50-50 as to whether I go and if I do then I won't be protesting in any shape or form. ;):thumbup:

...but surely if we've played awfully and lost we have every right to protest after game when it won't effect the players and the outcome of the game?

We pay good money to watch City, should we see a bad performance from a bunch of overpaid footballers we have every right to complain. Just as you would if you went to a restaurant, if the meal was bad you have every right to complain.

I'm behind the club but not behind Levein. I think that he has failed us to date on the field.

I shall do everything I can to get behind the team but I will not sing for Levein.

Is it only me that thinks it's shocking that over a year into his tenureship our main priority on the pitch is surviving the drop to division three?

Even if he somehow turns it around, he'll get no thanks from me for the last 12 months.

...but surely if we've played awfully and lost we have every right to protest after game when it won't effect the players and the outcome of the game?

We pay good money to watch City, should we see a bad performance from a bunch of overpaid footballers we have every right to complain. Just as you would if you went to a restaurant, if the meal was bad you have every right to complain.

All I am saying is that if you want to protest you should do it in a way you feel is right, rather than in a manner which TD thinks you should protest. Not only is he in charge at a time as the Club is in the worst situation it has ever been, he wants to control how you make your feelings known about that situation. :huh::unsure:

I'm behind the club but not behind Levein. I think that he has failed us to date on the field.

I shall do everything I can to get behind the team but I will not sing for Levein.

Is it only me that thinks it's shocking that over a year into his tenureship our main priority on the pitch is surviving the drop to division three?

Even if he somehow turns it around, he'll get no thanks from me for the last 12 months.

Agreed completely.

No it's not just you - the fact that we are aiming for survival (yet again) shows just how crap Levein has done in the job. :angry:

All I am saying is that if you want to protest you should do it in a way you feel is right, rather than in a manner which TD thinks you should protest. Not only is he in charge at a time as the Club is in the worst situation it has ever been, he wants to control how you make your feelings known about that situation. :huh::unsure:

Sounds like he's attempting to sanitise the feelings of the supporters to me, and anything to avoid what so obviously needs doing.

That's exactly how I feel.

If we stay up, it will be despite Levein.

What I meant was 'support the team' at all costs. Then have a debate. At 5pm today or for the rest of the season, with or without Levein. And my views are plain on this. Without would be best. But if we do go down we'll be in Div 1 and he will be gone. We'll be in the shit then, not m. Support the team for 90 mins. Period.

Archived