Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

Points total for going down from Championship

Does anyone know what the average points total for the team finishing 4th bottom has been over, say, the past 10 years? That might give us a clue as to what we need to achieve to stay up.

Well last season it was 50 points

i know they said something today about gillingham going down last year with 50 something

i don't think it will be anywhere near that this year though, possible 40

I agree because Brighton have only got 28 points with over half the season gone so it will be less than 50

Found it:

These are the points total for the teams finishing 3rd bottom:

04/05 Gillingham 50

03/04 Walsall 51

02/03 Wednesday 46

01/02 Crewe 49

00/01 Huddersfield 48

99/00 Walsall 46

98/99 Bury 47

97/98 Mank City 48

96/97 Grimsby 46

95/96 Millwall 52

That works out at an average of 48 points. Which means if we take the average target to escape we need 49 points. Long way to the light....

Nah its not scary 48 points 48-26 = 22/17

so

1.2941176470588235294117647058824 average a game ( haha )

or

7 wins one Draw

alternatley

10 Draws 4 Wins 3 Defeats :whistle: .....

gulp.

We need help.

If you're playing Brighton, Crewe and the other team below you surely you'd be more than halfway there?

If you're playing Brighton, Crewe and the other team below you surely you'd be more than halfway there?

Hahaha. We have Brighton away Plymouth Home and Away, and Milwall away. Hardly games I'd call in the bag. Espically the way we're playing. (Derby home and Cov Away could also be counted I suppouse.

fact of the matter is , we cant keep a clean sheet.

cant remember but tonights game will be the 30th played in the league this season and weve only won five.

thats a ratio of one win in every six , if we lose or draw tonight. :o

at present though we cant even manage a draw.

we will have only 16 games remaining.

our manager thinks , if his press reports are to be believed , that if we carry on playing the way we are things will change and we will climb the table :rolleyes:

22 points from 16 games. The odds are getting longer. 6 wins, 4 draws (and that's an at best get of jail result). No chance with Levein. The Board must act tomorrow. Mustn't they?

Come on lads, all is not lost!

Mathematically we can still pip Reading to the Championship by one point and at the moment we're 'only' 7 wins out of a play-off spot.

It's all a ploy to lull everyone into a false sense of security. Just watch - we'll win all of the last 16 games, get into the play-offs and beat Leeds in the Final to book our place in the Prem next season.

Got to go now - nursey's here with my medication. It'd better be the strong stuff :blink::cry:

Come on lads, all is not lost!

Mathematically we can still pip Reading to the Championship by one point and at the moment we're 'only' 7 wins out of a play-off spot.

It's all a ploy to lull everyone into a false sense of security. Just watch - we'll win all of the last 16 games, get into the play-offs and beat Leeds in the Final to book our place in the Prem next season.

Got to go now - nursey's here with my medication. It'd better be the strong stuff :blink::cry:

:D Very funny

• 2 months later...

Archived