Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Official Odds

If you worked for a company surely you would want to advertise yourself, suppose i'll have to look for the article now :P

not neceseraly, you have to remember punters wanna sting bookmakers, so for example i put steve cotteril up at 12/1 as he was last thursday, we could get phone calls saying oh i see you have odds on internet at 12/1 is that price still available, id look stupid if it wasnt having posted something 2 minutes before.

I have put odds that we have on this board to keep readers upto date as to where the bookmakers are as far as betting is concerned.

not neceseraly, you have to remember punters wanna sting bookmakers, so for example i put steve cotteril up at 12/1 as he was last thursday, we could get phone calls saying oh i see you have odds on internet at 12/1 is that price still available, id look stupid if it wasnt having posted something 2 minutes before.

I have put odds that we have on this board to keep readers upto date as to where the bookmakers are as far as betting is concerned.

oh ok , that's fair enough :P

I'm determined to find out now though :olol

Surely with the news in The Sun this morning you should stop taking bets on Newell? If it is Newell I bet you'll be laughing. Made a right earner from the Cotterill stakes!

Havent taken a bean on Newell, maybe the punters being cautious from what the sun print after what they printed about cotterill and lumped large ammounts on

Wasn't that said about cotterill??

Very true, but don't bookies cover have a safe than sorry tactic when it comes to managerial bettings? Surely you wouldn't want someone to lob £5000 on Newell and him to become boss at 11/2 when it's been stated in the papers that he's well up for it.

Very true, but don't bookies cover have a safe than sorry tactic when it comes to managerial bettings? Surely you wouldn't want someone to lob £5000 on Newell and him to become boss at 11/2 when it's been stated in the papers that he's well up for it.

We also have to balance our books, after takign a load on cotterill, taking some on newell would balance it out....i also have the advantage of 'hedging' some of the bets off if i feel i need to, at a slightly larger price.

We also have to balance our books, after takign a load on cotterill, taking some on newell would balance it out....i also have the advantage of 'hedging' some of the bets off if i feel i need to, at a slightly larger price.

Does that mean for example if it looked likely Cotterill was going to be appointed and you were looking at a big loss, you would stick aload of cash on Cotterill yourselves at another bookmakers? I've heard that happens regularly with small independant bookmakers.

Does that mean for example if it looked likely Cotterill was going to be appointed and you were looking at a big loss, you would stick aload of cash on Cotterill yourselves at another bookmakers? I've heard that happens regularly with small independant bookmakers.

Yea we have another bookie that would help us out if needed, we scratch their back, they scratch ours etc....

Big bookies hedge to, usually on course or on the exchanges, thats how prices shorten.

Archived