Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Official Odds

Although Cotterill is a 4-5-1 man at Burnley I wouldn't be too pissed off if he got the job. Has done remarkably well at Burnley considering the lack of money they've got and he's got a good eye for a player in the lower leagues.

Defensively tight, but still get his team to score goals aswell. Further down the line if he was manager and we had 3 or 4 strikers kicking their heels in the reserves I might get pissed off but looking at our squad he might play differently anyway.

The more I think about it the more i'd be pretty happy with Cotterill. He would steady the ship, isn't that the sort of manager we need?

Discuss.

Why all the fuss about Cotterill?

All I know is he's Burnley boss and he currently has them 10th in the league.

Is that the guy that upped and left a few years ago (one of our coaches wasn't he)? Didn't he take one of our goalkeepers with him, too (Coyne)?

Is it the fact he's an ex-coach that's got people interested in him?

Is that the guy that upped and left a few years ago (one of our coaches wasn't he)? Didn't he take one of our goalkeepers with him, too (Coyne)?

I think it's because out of all the managers currently contracted to clubs in this league that are of any use, he is probably the most likely one that we could attract. He's meant to be seething that Akinbiyi has been sold and some people seem to think he's ready to leave them.

He upped and left to go into management, couldastayed as coach i guess but the guy obviously had ambitions, and if he is that ambitous then its managers like him this club needs.

Just to keep u up-to-date on Latest odds he's been backed in to 13/2 from 12/1 with mccallister going out to 7/2 from 11/4, and peter reid 9/2 from 7/2

He upped and left to go into management, couldastayed as coach i guess but the guy obviously had ambitions, and if he is that ambitous then its managers like him this club needs.

Just to keep u up-to-date on Latest odds he's been backed in to 13/2 from 12/1 with mccallister going out to 7/2 from 11/4, and peter reid 9/2 from 7/2

Do bookies get to know info before the general media release it?

We have the same knowledge as everyone else, but prices are subject to fluctuation, so we have to go with market movement/where the money is

we've not taken anything on peter reid, hence him being pushed out from 7/2 - 9/2

but we've taken 2 grand on cotterill hence the large movement from 12/1 to 13/2

Just to keep you in the picture yet again, there's defianetly something going on someone wanted to lump 5 grand on steve cotterill at 4/1 he's now 2/1 favourite

This is getting very ominous. I wonder where they get the info from though, surely the media would get wind of it before hand?

The problem ive got is it isnt punters in leicester that are placing the bets, so it's not like its bets for fun, this is getting pretty serious like the portsmouth situation on the exchanges, you dont place 5 grand on a 4/1 shot if u have no knowledge.

The problem ive got is it isnt punters in leicester that are placing the bets, so it's not like its bets for fun, this is getting pretty serious like the portsmouth situation on the exchanges, you dont place 5 grand on a 4/1 shot if u have no knowledge.

True. But have serious gamblers got on the bandwagon and seen that the odds have been slashed pretty quickly and lumped 5k on it. Serious gamblers probably have a few spread bets that cover them and can afford to throw 5k at an intriguing bet.

Well to be honest when mickey adams left, and we had priced the managers up levein was 16/1 at the time, i think we took about £10 on the whole field, ive never seen betting like this on a city manager or infact any managers jobs, we have taken a few quid on the england managers job.

the most intresting fact is all bets that we have taken are new punters opening new accounts not to far from the burnley area

I like the idea of cotterill too, very solid team he's put together at Burnley...

But doesn't this go against the issue of not being able to afford to pay off an already employed manager?? Unless i suppose they do a Harry and walk out and turn up at the walkers a couple of days later!!

or he has some sort of clause in his contract???

What kind of clause would that be?

"Can only talk to other clubs within the Championship and in the bottom 3, with no money and right at the end on the January window." :rolleyes::whistle:

Solid defense, and he also has an eye for strikers.

Solid defence - they've conceded the same amount as us, whilst playing 4-5-1 every game.

An eye for strikers - Ade Akinbiyi and Gifton Noel Williams?

Cotterill may have done well at Burnley, but they'll never get anywhere with those tactics. He's got a more negative management style than Levein. I'd only take him for 4 months to keep us up, not that he would consider that though.

He should be ashamed playing 4-5-1 at home, every game.

Coterill did well at Cheltenham initially where I believe he was well thought of and was one of the up and coming managers at that time. He's had a few knocks since then such, as at Sunderland, but has done well at Burnley considering the limited resources.

Could do a lot worse IMO.

One name not mentioned as a short term appointment.... Graham Taylor....he might just do enough to get us safe and then we could go for Allen or Newell in the summer.

Archived