Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Official Odds

Apparently we've not interviewed anyone yet anyway. So the appointment will still be a while away.

As with Mr C, the idea of Cotterill coming here really doesn't thrill me. I dunno if I can put my finger on why though, maybe I just don't like him. :ph34r:

I assume that Foxes Trust or someone can't answer if we're looking for a long-term appointment or not. Cotterill and Joey's dad would surely get contracts for a year or more as they wouldn't leave stable jobs for a 5-month contract surely... I'm not sure I like the idea of us deciding on a new long-term manager now.

Solid defence - they've conceded the same amount as us, whilst playing 4-5-1 every game.

An eye for strikers - Ade Akinbiyi and Gifton Noel Williams?

Cotterill may have done well at Burnley, but they'll never get anywhere with those tactics. He's got a more negative management style than Levein. I'd only take him for 4 months to keep us up, not that he would consider that though.

He should be ashamed playing 4-5-1 at home, every game.

I couldnt give a toss what kind of football we play as long as we stay up.

however as Louise said, the prospect of Cotteril doesn't excite me.

The thought of some of those names scares the hell out of me.

Bassett, Atkinson, Taylor :protest:

As with all speculation, alot of it is nonsense.... Neil Lennon coming back...please!

As much as I think the fella is god, what if he made a mess in his first year of management? We'd all hate him.

I'd rather he had a go somewhere else first and then came to us after a bit of practice.

Now what do I think about Cotterill? Undecided - he has done well at Burnley considering the situation that he's in but are we in a better financial position? I don't think we are, to be honest. The thought of 451 scares the bejesus out of me - more yawning to be done.

So who else?

Mcallister - don't think he'll want it + what did he ever do for Cov?

Newell - Not sure he'd leave Luton whilst they're doing well in the league but I wouldn't mind seeing him at the Walkers.

Rob Kelly - Let's see what happens over the next few matches, he may be a tactical genius in the making. Look at the novices that have done well in the past - O'Leary, Pearce, MacLaren to name but a few.

Id imagine if we went for a manager just till the end of the season it will be one who isnt currently contracted to a club else we would have to pay compo ......only to pay more compo at the end of the season to get our long term manager. so Reid, Gregory, Atkinson, Bassett. Lennon, Walsh, McCallister, O'Neill? :ph34r: etc....

John Gregory stated he was interested on 1053 earlier and i would like to see him at the club.

Why? he's a charlaton and left Derby under a cloud of suspicion if he became our Manager you wouldn't get me going down there again.

What's with all this interest in Midlands rejects, Reid, McCallister, Megson, Hart?

Id imagine if we went for a manager just till the end of the season it will be one who isnt currently contracted to a club else we would have to pay compo ......only to pay more compo at the end of the season to get our long term manager. so Reid, Gregory, Atkinson, Bassett. Lennon, Not on his own Walsh, McCallister, O'Neill - no Chance? :ph34r: etc....

Anyone else? ;)

Good to see Cotterill favourite. Any other news on him at all with regards to the betting?

there was a bit more money around for him today after what was printed about him in the sun, i think if he was given more of a free reign at leicester than he is obviously being allowed at burnley then he will obviously be very tempted

our board doesn't interfere really, and I'd imagine he's got a pretty good relationship with them, afterall, they gave him a job here.

Quote from the sun website:

STEVE COTTERILL is a shock contender for the Leicester manager’s job, writes DAVE KIDD.

The Burnley boss is furious at the sale of top scorer Ade Akinbiyi to Sheffield United.

The Foxes board were impressed by his brief spell as a coach at the Walkers Stadium two seasons ago and see him as a possible successor to Craig Levein.

On a business point of view i dont want him installed as manager, will cost our company a few grand and affect my personal bonus......however on a personal point of view and being a fan i think he'll be a good appointment, let's hope his compensation fee's not to high!

let's hope his compensation fee's not to high!

But if he's as narked as the papers say he is then he could do a Redknapp (i.e. resign and then be appointed to us!!) this would negate the need for a compensation claim, would it not? :ermm:

Archived