Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
henry's best mate

Lennon Poll

Lennon Poll  

179 members have voted

1. 1. If you want Lennon in, select yes and if you don't select no (simple really)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Best news I've heard for a long time. Get him now. Somebody who has passion for the club can certainly overcome the lack of a piece of paper with a coaching qualification. Goes without saying that he must have experienced assistant though. He has a defensive mind therefore I have no doubt that he can make a decent manager.

Larsson wants to go back to Sweden. Odds on Helsingborgs IF where he started. I've got a friend who supports HIF and he's already had talks. He's keen for his child to be educated in Sweden. Good shout though. What about Pontus Kaamark?

Best news I've heard for a long time. Get him now. Somebody who has passion for the club can certainly overcome the lack of a piece of paper with a coaching qualification. Goes without saying that he must have experienced assistant though. He has a defensive mind therefore I have no doubt that he can make a decent manager.

Holy shit... I think we are close to agreeing with each other.

I'm not sure, we need someone who could get us out of this hole, and an un-tried manager might struggle. Having said that, Lennon is a hero here and he'd get the crowd going, plus he could relate to the players.... :)

If you held a poll amongst people on this forum you'd get 101 different choices. The one thing Lennon would bring is unity. Being an ex-player there would be a lot of goodwill for him. How could he possibly be worse than some of the names we've had touted here? Parkinson, Penney, Gorman etc. Lennon is a top notch candidate.

Larsson wants to go back to Sweden. Odds on Helsingborgs IF where he started. I've got a friend who supports HIF and he's already had talks. He's keen for his child to be educated in Sweden. Good shout though. What about Pontus Kaamark?

I think Pontus is happily working for Swedish TV/Radio.

I would want him back but not as a manager as he has had no experience. To stick him in a relegation dogfight would be absurd. Maybe next season with someone else experienced.

I agree with that, and i hope neil will have the thoughts of our club and turn the job down. If your reading this neil, we all love ya, but you know yourself your not upto managing us at this moment in time mate.

Go get yourself a championship medal, and join us after that.

Do we want a player manager (lennon) who hasnt made mistakes (his first will be at Leicester, and that could send us down), or do we want someone whos already prooved themselves?

Frankly lush it's all about belief:

• By the board to ensure that whoever they pick gets the right backing and support - respect would have to be earned during any interview.
  • By the coaching staff, the prospective manager one would hope would achieve that, whoever they were.
  • By the players, probably the hardest and least predictable.
  • By the fans, possible the most illogical of the lot.

But assuming that all prospective managers if selected would have the first two, at least to start with, and assuming that none could guarantee the players respect - that leaves the fans. So imagine the first game after the new appointment of either Reid or Lennon and tell me who would have the backing of the fans and what difference that could make?

As for mistakes as you say Lennon has yet to make his but with the right partnership they should not be any worse that Reid might make.

So on balance I'd go for Lennon with the caveat that he must have a trusted partner, not that I would even consider Reid, but you could substitute any so called experienced manager in the above analysis and it would still read the same.

I agree with that, and i hope neil will have the thoughts of our club and turn the job down. If your reading this neil, we all love ya, but you know yourself your not upto managing us at this moment in time mate.

Go get yourself a championship medal, and join us after that.

that's why he's interested he wants one of those next season. ;)

But assuming that all prospective managers if selected would have the first two, at least to start with, and assuming that none could guarantee the players respect - that leaves the fans. So imagine the first game after the new appointment of either Reid or Lennon and tell me who would have the backing of the fans and what difference that could make?

As for mistakes as you say Lennon has yet to make his but with the right partnership they should not be any worse that Reid might make.

So on balance I'd go for Lennon with the caveat that he must have a trusted partner, not that I would even consider Reid, but you could substitute any so called experienced manager in the above analysis and it would still read the same.

Lennon would have the backing, but lennon for all hes done and been paid for, for Leicester, hasnt the same amount of managerial brain than reid. Lets get ONE thing straight, i dont want reid!! The ULTIMATE deal for LCFC (Fox Plc) right now is survival. We cannot afford to let our hearts rule our heads. If lennon wants desperately to see LCFC stay up, then he`ll quit celtic and sign then play holding role with desire, he doesnt/shouldnt need the manager carrot.

Mistakes, lennon could very well make the kind of silly mistakes, all new managers make, reid been there, done it, knows not to do them.

Well i`d go for newell or clough, they both have more experience than lennon, are at the age where managers like reid cannot compare (our squad is young), and they are both very much aware of good players at luton and burton respectfully, who would see Leicester as a step forward in their careers.

Martin allen also fits that criteria, but i just think nigel and newell have that "name" in football, which attracts more confidence too.

Archived