Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
henry's best mate

Lennon Poll

Lennon Poll  

179 members have voted

1. 1. If you want Lennon in, select yes and if you don't select no (simple really)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Lennon would have the backing, but lennon for all hes done and been paid for, for Leicester, hasnt the same amount of managerial brain than reid. Lets get ONE thing straight, i dont want reid!! The ULTIMATE deal for LCFC (Fox Plc) right now is survival. We cannot afford to let our hearts rule our heads. If lennon wants desperately to see LCFC stay up, then he`ll quit celtic and sign then play holding role with desire, he doesnt/shouldnt need the manager carrot.

Mistakes, lennon could very well make the kind of silly mistakes, all new managers make, reid been there, done it, knows not to do them.

Well i`d go for newell or clough, they both have more experience than lennon, are at the age where managers like reid cannot compare (our squad is young), and they are both very much aware of good players at luton and burton respectfully, who would see Leicester as a step forward in their careers.

Martin allen also fits that criteria, but i just think nigel and newell have that "name" in football, which attracts more confidence too.

No theres the little problem of him having a contract with Celtic there Lush, :rolleyes: they may realse him if he wants a managerail postion, or he may have a management offer realease clause, but I doubt they will just give him away as a player.

No theres the little problem of him having a contract with Celtic there Lush, :rolleyes: they may realse him if he wants a managerail postion, or he may have a management offer realease clause, but I doubt they will just give him away as a player.

Why would they release him as manager ahead of being a player? What difference will it make to celtic, they dont care who Leicester city is :rolleyes:

Why would they release him as manager ahead of being a player? What difference will it make to celtic, they dont care who Leicester city is :rolleyes:

He may have a clause that allows him to leave for a management postion, and we both know Celtic will release him if he makes a noise about wanting to be Leicester manager. And we both know Celtic wouldnt realese him if he wanted to leave as a player. So stop arguing its pointless.

Reid had some good years but is a spent force and not suited to management at this level anyway.

After all the ill-informed personal criticism of Reid, thank heavens for the first common sense reason for not taking him on here. He left Coventry saying the job was harder than he thought it would be.

After all the ill-informed personal criticism of Reid, thank heavens for the first common sense reason for not taking him on here. He left Coventry saying the job was harder than he thought it would be.

Thanks!

I do try.

If I make enough random statements, one of them has to ring true! :P

Lennon's best playing days are behind him but he could still undoubtedly do a job in the Championship.

As a manager? He's always said he fancies it. He reads the game well, talks a good game, is very approachable and has gone through things in his career and life others will never come close to. He has also spent the vast majority of his career playing under one of the most special managers of his generation. Appointing Neil Lennon would be a big risk for you but he'll have to start in managing somewhere.

I'll tell you one thing, I'd rather have Lenny in charge of Celtic than Peter feckin Reid!

Sometimes words fail me... as much as Lennon was a great player for City I can't believe anyone is seriously considering him for the position as manager. It would be crazy to bring in anyone except an experienced manager right now.

Sometimes words fail me... as much as Lennon was a great player for City I can't believe anyone is seriously considering him for the position as manager. It would be crazy to bring in anyone except an experienced manager right now.

We know Chimpster.... it's just nice to dream.

But if someone life Gary Mac can make the list I really see no reason why Lennon can't.

I've seen the light???

Coming from the man who seems to think Reid and Gary Mac would be good appointments it's a bloody insult.

Not true my old mucker. I don't want either of them. I just feel most of the reasoning given against them is ill-informed prejudiced drivel. School playground stuff. Just look at the hypocricy of some in the Levein says goodbye to his players topic. After giving him dog's abuse some are now saying thankyou.......

Not true my old mucker. I don't want either of them. I just feel most of the reasoning given against them is ill-informed prejudiced drivel. School playground stuff. Just look at the hypocricy of some in the Levein says goodbye to his players topic. After giving him dog's abuse some are now saying thankyou.......

Bollocks to thankyou.

He's been paid a lot of money to turn an average championship side in to a shambles.

I wouldn't say no to Lennon coming but I think he would have to have a mentor till the end of the season (Abit like Bassett and Micky) with Lennon taking over full charge next season, because Lennon has no experience at all so the relegation battle might be a struggle so Lennon and a mentor yes.

Or if Lennon came, he may persuade MON to be his mentor until the end of the season, and then Lennon can do it on his own from next season onwards!!

Would love it if it happened! :D

That would be awesome.

However,

Although there is a very slim chance MON could come...Can people please get the idea of MON coming out of there head? As I said there's a slim chance MON could/would come its not impossible and it can't be ruled out but its highly unlikly, please forget about it!

That would be awesome.

However,

Although there is a very slim chance MON could come...Can people please get the idea of MON coming out of there head? As I said there's a slim chance MON could/would come its not impossible and it can't be ruled out but its highly unlikly, please forget about it!

True, but since Lennon has come into the frame, we can all dream! :D

I would still love to get Allen/Tilson as the main man, Stevie Walsh as assistant, Lennon as player/coach. Talk about getting the squad motivated, Steve Walsh would scare them all shitless!

I just feel most of the reasoning given against them is ill-informed prejudiced drivel.

Moi?

Just look at the hypocricy of some in the Levein says goodbye to his players topic. After giving him dog's abuse some are now saying thankyou.......

Oh don't start me on that, it does my head in that people (some, not all) can call him every name under the sun and then say how sad it is and good luck to him.

Now I have had time to calm down a little. I don't believe the board would go for someone like Lennon at the moment. I would think their main box to tick would be experience.

I don't know why but I just have a funny feeling that we'll end up with Jim Smith and Gary Mac as assistant. Being groomed to take over like MA was under DB.

I'd like Neil Lennon back, but I'm not sure I'd want him "in" if you see what I mean, at least not as Numero Uno. I'd be mighty tempted by the idea of him as a player coach - sod that, I'd want him as player coach.

I'm happy to conceed when I'm wrong and, having dismissed the "Lennon wants to come back" rumours as bollocks, I'm happy to say err, I was wrong.

Unless his agent's pulling our plonker and justs wants to get his client's name out and about?

I'd like Neil Lennon back, but I'm not sure I'd want him "in" if you see what I mean, at least not as Numero Uno. I'd be mighty tempted by the idea of him as a player coach - sod that, I'd want him as player coach.

I'm happy to conceed when I'm wrong and, having dismissed the "Lennon wants to come back" rumours as bollocks, I'm happy to say err, I was wrong.

Unless his agent's pulling our plonker and justs wants to get his client's name out and about?

Ditto. You couldn't just throw him in at the deep-end yet. He's not been a coach, he's not been a manager, and he's not stopped playing football just yet. He would almost certainly have to have somebody looking after him - somebody to take care of off-pitch things, otherwise it's probably too much to ask right away.

Lennon IN - as player/coach :thumbup::cool:

Archived