Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sackmycook

What the hell is the board upto?

They've now contacted Preston, Luton and Burnley and have been told no each time. What did they expect the respective clubs to say 'yes'?

It makes us look undecisive and the new man coming in knows how many others were approached at the same time.

I do hope that these approaches are a smoke screen whilst the real negotiations are ongoing with a top class manager. (i wish)

They've now contacted Preston, Luton and Burnley and have been told no each time. What did they expect the respective clubs to say 'yes'?

It makes us look undecisive and the new man coming in knows how many others were approached at the same time.

I do hop that these approaches are a smoke screen whils the real negotiations are ongoin with a top class manager. (i wish)

At the end of the day what else can they do? If a club says no it means no, we have to try for other options.

They are doing one of two things...

a) Unsettle a manager and hope he kicks up a fuss and wants to talk.

b) Smokescreen us into thinking we are going for a good manager, when really we will end up with Peter Reid.

I do hope that these approaches are a smoke screen whilst the real negotiations are ongoing with a top class manager. (i wish)

I agree, its a fooking circus going on at that club at the moment

I agree, its a fooking circus going on at that club at the moment

OK so you would have prefered us NOT to have made contact with clubs, they were bound to go public and mouth off that we had made contact :mad:

Asking a club for permission to speak to their manager isn't the same as giving him the job!

They will want to speak to several managers before making a decision and the managers concerned will know this, it just so happens that all the managers they presently want to speak to are currently employed and they are just going through the correct channels.

OK so you would have prefered us NOT to have made contact with clubs, they were bound to go public and mouth off that we had made contact :mad:

Calm down lol, surely the board should have one main man in mind, i.e newell or cotterill, whatever.

Not go round the whole league asking to speak to the managers (slight exaggeration there yes).

End of day if it was Cotterill they wanted, thats who they would have gone for and he would defo leave Burnley for Leicester, he would be a fool not to regardless of the league position.

If burnley rejected, he would have kicked up a fuss.

Myself i dont think its a good move, personally i would have liked to see Clough, Newall, or Allen.

:thumbup:

Calm down lol, surely the board should have one main man in mind, i.e newell or cotterill, whatever.

Not go round the whole league asking to speak to the managers (slight exaggeration there yes).

End of day if it was Cotterill they wanted, thats who they would have gone for and he would defo leave Burnley for Leicester, he would be a fool not to regardless of the league position.

If burnley rejected, he would have kicked up a fuss.

Myself i dont think its a good move, personally i would have liked to see Clough, Newall, or Allen.

:thumbup:

Tell me again! What qualifies Clough as a possible Leicester Manager? Apart from getting us ready for the conference in a couple of seasons!

to me its a good thing, they are trying to interview potential clients to see if they are suitable, they cant do thaty with out the permission of the clubs they are at,

its better that leicester look at all the options by interview rather than assuming some one is suitable

Tell me again! What qualifies Clough as a possible Leicester Manager? Apart from getting us ready for the conference in a couple of seasons!

Didnt Adams get rid of Cotterill?

What makes you think Cotterill will stear us from relegation? and even worse stear us towards as you put it the conferance?

Clough has done wonders for such a shite team, got some great youngsters there who were knowbodys to now being chased after by prem and champ teams.

Theres just something about clough i like, and sooner or later some one will give him a chance.

Didnt Adams get rid of Cotterill?

What makes you think Cotterill will stear us from relegation? and even worse stear us towards as you put it the conferance?

Clough has done wonders for such a shite team, got some great youngsters there who were knowbodys to now being chased after by prem and champ teams.

Theres just something about clough i like, and sooner or later some one will give him a chance.

Clough is still young and is going about this management lark the right way and if it wasn't for him Burton would not be in the Conference. Besides at Burton most of the money has been spent on the stadium for a possible step into league football in the next couple of Years. He seems to be following the O'NEIL route to the top starting at a Non League club. He probably wouldn't want to come to Leicester at the moment but he's one to look out for in the future if it goes pearshaped with the next manager.

My point is that CL's job was under threat for a while. Just as the board make plans financially, for example if we are to be relegated. Surely, they should have a managerial target. This situation looks as though we will take any one of these 3 managers. And that in itself looks bad.

I stand corrected but i don't remember a situation where we have made several different approaches in this manner.

It amazes me how everyone seems to think the sun shines out of this boards arse just becuase they finally sacked CL. Something most of us fans would have done some weeks ago.

Don't forget it was this board who chose CL over MW when he was in L1. And, remember they did not even sack MA when he clearly should have been.

Archived