Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

Logan is division's top Keeper

Logan is division's top keeper

30/01/2006

Teenage goalkeeper Conrad Logan has been selected in the Coca-Cola League Two team of the week, following an impressive performance at Rochdale on Saturday.

The on-loan 19-year-old excelled as the Pilgrims pocketed a point at Spotland and he was subsequently rewarded with a place in the division’s elite performers over the weekend.

The full line-up was:

Conrad Logan (Boston United)

Scott McNiven (Chester City)

Gareth McAuley (Lincoln City)

James Sharp (Torquay United)

Jon Boardman (Rochdale)

Morike Sako (Torquay United)

Danny Whitaker (Macclesfield Town)

David Edwards (Shrewsbury Town)

Marcus Kelly (Rushden and Diamonds)

Akpo Sodje (Darlington)

Scott McGleish (Northampton Town)

I've heard that Logan has been doing really well at Boston and has only conceded a couple of goals. I've always thought he wasn't that good but then again I thought the same about Chris O'Grady and both seem to be coming on leaps and bounds now they've had first team football.

I've heard that Logan has been doing really well at Boston and has only conceded a couple of goals. I've always thought he wasn't that good but then again I thought the same about Chris O'Grady and both seem to be coming on leaps and bounds now they've had first team football.

It's strange, both are players that seem to have been around for ages but never done anything. To be honest I'd written them both off as well, but it seems that I was wrong and I'm happy to admit that (in this case... :ermm: ).

It's strange, both are players that seem to have been around for ages but never done anything. To be honest I'd written them both off as well, but it seems that I was wrong and I'm happy to admit that (in this case... :ermm: ).

I saw him play in a couple of the pre season games and he looks good, i think he will start to shine ni the next year or two cos he is still young

I saw him play in a couple of the pre season games and he looks good, i think he will start to shine ni the next year or two cos he is still young

I suppose it highlights the danger of hyping up kids too much. Both Logan and O'Grady have been around the first team for about four years and yet only now are they showing real first team potential. There are people like Stearman and Weso who are well developed at a very young age but then there are also players like Logan and O'Grady who take a little longer and you probably can't tell how long it might take for each individual player.

It not exactly the easiest League to be a keeper in either. Alot of poor defending, and alot of crosses = alot of free headers from six yards, which seem to make up most of the goals scored in League Two, the rest being 30 Yard Raspers, which aren't exactly easy to stop either when they are caught right. Good on the lad I hope he continues doing well, in goalkeeping years he's still very young.

He did concede 5 when Boston were at home to Carlisle - but I heard that was mainly down to the defence. All the reports I've seen, say what a great keeper he has been - the Boston fans can't understand that he's only 3rd choice at City. I HOPE THE NEW MANAGEMENT (whoever it is) don't offload him, like Tommy Wright and Stephen Dawson - he's only 20, thats young for a keeper - he could be an understudy (for Henderson .... !!!?) for the next few years.

Archived