Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Team v wolves

-----------------------------Rab

------------------Paddy, Paddy, Paddy

Stearman,-------------------------------------Sheehan (wingbacks)

------------------Hughes, Weso, Hume,

------------------ Fryatt, O'grady

I'd like to give this a go to be honest:

--------------------Douglas

Stearman--McCarthy--Kisnorbo--Johansson

Hume---Gudjonsson--Wesolowski--Hughes

-------------O'Grady----Fryatt

With Smith off form and probably in need of a rest, bring in Hume on the wing for Maybury due to him offering us more pace, work rthic, attacking quality in the final third.

Also gives O'Grady the chance to get a start as it sounds like he certainly deserves one.

Won't happen but just an idea :thumbup:

Hume hasn't got enough discipline to play RW, he is constantly out of position (at one stage on Tuesday we were attacking and Hume was at RB???). I'd start with the team that finished on Tuesday.

Hume hasn't got enough discipline to play RW, he is constantly out of position (at one stage on Tuesday we were attacking and Hume was at RB???). I'd start with the team that finished on Tuesday.

Does that matter, Stearman popped up in the area on the left (?) to score against QPR, I didn't hear anyone complaining. Surely if someone's covering and the team are aware, players moving out of position is not fundamentally wrong and it can confuse the opposition.

Does that matter, Stearman popped up in the area on the left (?) to score against QPR, I didn't hear anyone complaining. Surely if someone's covering and the team are aware, players moving out of position is not fundamentally wrong and it can confuse the opposition.

It does matter when fryatt is left on his own up front and our attacks breakdown because there is no support, I don't mind forwards defending as long as they remember that they are a forward, Hume sometimes seems to forget his postion.

It does matter when fryatt is left on his own up front and our attacks breakdown because there is no support, I don't mind forwards defending as long as they remember that they are a forward, Hume sometimes seems to forget his postion.

So does Rooney.

So does Rooney.

Rooney plays a free role and isn't expected to be in an attacking position all the time, our midfield isn't quite upto their standard and it showed in the last 20 minutes on Tuesday that having 2 forwards who are always available up front gives us more options and helps the team to maintain it's shape.

I've nothing against Hume, just think that he's more of a player in the hole behind the forwards than a line leader or RW, he doesn't appear to have much confidence at the moment either.

Rooney plays a free role and isn't expected to be in an attacking position all the time, our midfield isn't quite upto their standard and it showed in the last 20 minutes on Tuesday that having 2 forwards who are always available up front gives us more options and helps the team to maintain it's shape.

I've nothing against Hume, just think that he's more of a player in the hole behind the forwards than a line leader or RW, he doesn't appear to have much confidence at the moment either.

Agreed. He's out of sorts, definately could do with a goal. He likes to drop deep, but he also likes to be in and around the box and that's why it's difficult for defenders to mark him. Connolly used to drift out wide and leave us short in numbers in the box, that used to really annoy me. Atleast we now have a goal poacher in Fryatt who loves to hang about in the box.

-----------------------------Rab

------------------Paddy, Paddy, Paddy

Stearman,-------------------------------------Sheehan (wingbacks)

------------------Hughes, Weso, Hume,

------------------ Fryatt, O'grady

I agree, if only because of all the Paddy's! :thumbup: What is interesting is that Sheehan only had 50 mins in the reserves, does this mean he'll be used on sat, or at least on the bench again!!

Williams is back in training with the first team and should be ok for Saturday. Tiatto is definitely out. Johansson might have a broken foot :(

Could be why sheehan only played 50 minutes in reserves last night, can't have him worn out if he's playing on saturday

Could be why sheehan only played 50 minutes in reserves last night, can't have him worn out if he's playing on saturday

would be nice to have some proper balance in the back four, as weve only had 6 starts this season. just one of the reasons why were 4th bottom.

would be nice to have some proper balance in the back four, as weve only had 6 starts this season. just one of the reasons why were 4th bottom.

I'm not debating that, I'm just suggesting that the reason sheehan only played 50 minutes last night for the reserves was because nissa is out of the wolves game.

I'm not debating that, I'm just suggesting that the reason sheehan only played 50 minutes last night for the reserves was because nissa is out of the wolves game.

cool, and it would be nice if we had balance too...

---------------------Douglas----------------------

----------------------------------------------------

--Stearman--Kisnorbo--McCarthy--Sheehan--

--Hughes--Gudjonsson--Wesolowski--Smith--

---------------Fryatt----Hammond---------------

Bench: Henderson, Maybury, Gerrbrand, Hume and O'Grady

The team that finished the game last night should start, although being at home we should really think about throwing Smith back in on either wing for more attacking options. Not sure about Maybury right wing but if it means Stearman can get forward more like last night and get more involved in attack it's worth keeping for now.

-------------------- Douglas

Stearman - McCarthy - Kisnorbo - Johansson

Maybury - Gudjonsson - Wesolowski - Hughes

----------------- O'Grady - Fryatt

Subs: Henderson, Gerrbrand, Smith, Hammond, Hume

Agree

-------------------- Douglas

Maybury - McCarthy - Gerrbrand - Stearman

Hughes - Gudjonsson - Wesolowski - Smith

----------------- Hammond - Fryatt

Subs: Henderson, O'Grady, Nills, Kisanorbo, Hume

Are you Iwan in disguise? :cool: