Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

bill Anderson

Chief footballer writer Bill Anderson wrote: "Why should, for instance, Steve Cotterill, Billy Davies or Mike Newell, the three most readily-touted candidates, leave clubs where they are popular for another where, inevitably, they will be treated differently – and for a club who are in a perilous position?"

Nice one Bill,Fooook Off Back to Scotland you Dumb git :mad::mad::mad:

Chief footballer writer Bill Anderson wrote: "Why should, for instance, Steve Cotterill, Billy Davies or Mike Newell, the three most readily-touted candidates, leave clubs where they are popular for another where, inevitably, they will be treated differently – and for a club who are in a perilous position?"

Well Bill you aren't popular here so I wish you would accept another job offer. Oh yeah that's right, you don't get any because you are shit!!!!!

He does have a point, whether you like it or not.

i disagree

davies maybe true but not newell or cotterill .

burnley and luton do not have the stadium / training facilitys and probably wage budget to compete with us , when signing players im sure they would prefer a move to leicester than burnley or luton

**** off, why should we have to have him back? He's been here long enough is is now property of the Shire of Leicester. :D

Don't the council have a waste management department :whistle:

He does have a point, but the buffoon could have made it a bit more tactfully :rolleyes:

i disagree

davies maybe true but not newell or cotterill .

burnley and luton do not have the stadium / training facilitys and probably wage budget to compete with us , when signing players im sure they would prefer a move to leicester than burnley or luton

I don't think we have that much more money than any of those three clubs. I know we have a higher wage bill, but that can mean nothing.

There's a huge risk attached to coming here. You could be throwing away the chance of Premiership football next season to get us out of League One. I would suspect most managers would rather try and fail in the top flight with a small club and limited resources than add a promotion from what is really the 3rd division to their CV.

He does have a point, but the buffoon could have made it a bit more tactfully :rolleyes:

This is true. For someone who works with words, he's not very good with them1

**** off, why should we have to have him back? He's been here long enough is is now property of the Shire of Leicester. :D

Don't the council have a waste management department :whistle:

We do, but we haven't a hole deep enough for his ego, and if we burnt him, we'd pollute the whole earth, (sorry)

I don't think we have that much more money than any of those three clubs. I know we have a higher wage bill, but that can mean nothing.

There's a huge risk attached to coming here. You could be throwing away the chance of Premiership football next season to get us out of League One. I would suspect most managers would rather try and fail in the top flight with a small club and limited resources than add a promotion from what is really the 3rd division to their CV.

This is true. For someone who works with words, he's not very good with them1

being manager of a club the size of leicester is a massive upgrade from managing the 2 other clubs , surely they would fancy their chances of keeping us up and then having a better chance of doing well next season with us than them .

luton will not be able to go further forward without a new ground

burnley have showed their ambition by selling ade and not giving sc any money from the deal

those 2 clubs are overacheving due to good management while were the opposite due to bad management.

i think both cotterill and newell like the idea of managing this club but i suppose it s all about loyalty

Much as it pains me to stick up for Bill, that quote was taken out of context. He went on to say that our position after winning against QPR would make us more attractive to those kind of managers.

Last night's win at QPR will not have gone unnoticed by Leicester City's next manager and that may be the most significant aspect of it. Chief executive Tim Davies is trying hard to sell the potential of City but he needs the league table to make better reading to justify his efforts.

Why should, for instance, Steve Cotterill, Billy Davies or Mike Newell, the three most readily-touted candidates, leave clubs where they are popular for another where, inevitably, they will be treated differently - and for a club who are in a perilous position?

But if City are looking a bit safer, as they do right now, then the picture changes. City will be perceived, rightly or wrongly, as a bigger club whose turnaround would be a great notch on the old CV.

True, the new man cannot really lose. If City go down, it is not his fault and, if he keeps them up, he will be a hero. Sometimes football can be seen as that simple.

Full Article: http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

A club who are in a perilous position, due to a manager who you Bill ( I'm a fvckwit)Anderson supported.

What does that say about his unbiased opinion :rolleyes:

My beef with the wan ker is him implying that city fans would not welcome the new manager. I, for one, will get behind the new man from the start whoever the board appoint. This c0ckface is basically saying any of those 3 would not be popular here & the fans would turn on them from the start.

I appreciate we might not be an attractive prospect given the circumstances but the comment before that just shows his utter contempt for the people who ultimately keep the club alive - the fans.

Utter tw*t

My beef with the wan ker is him implying that city fans would not welcome the new manager. I, for one, will get behind the new man from the start whoever the board appoint. This c0ckface is basically saying any of those 3 would not be popular here & the fans would turn on them from the start.

I appreciate we might not be an attractive prospect given the circumstances but the comment before that just shows his utter contempt for the people who ultimately keep the club alive - the fans.

Utter tw*t

That's his way of saying that he doesn't like any of the three, but he can't just come out and say that in case one of them is appointed manager!

That's his way of saying that he doesn't like any of the three, but he can't just come out and say that in case one of them is appointed manager!

What does he know or care about City.................. He's a Spurs supporter and north of the border to boot.

He's right. WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB ANYMORE and THERE ARE SOME RIGHT IDIOTS THAT 'SUPPORT' THIS CLUB!

He's right. WE ARE NOT A BIG CLUB ANYMORE and THERE ARE SOME RIGHT IDIOTS THAT 'SUPPORT' THIS CLUB!

On what are you basing the opinion that we're no longer a big club? lack of funds? position in the league? I'm not saying we are, I just wondered why you say we're not

On what are you basing the opinion that we're no longer a big club? lack of funds? position in the league? I'm not saying we are, I just wondered why you say we're not

Nationally we might be classed as a medium sized club but in terms of the East Midlands or Midlands were a big club.

being manager of a club the size of leicester is a massive upgrade from managing the 2 other clubs , surely they would fancy their chances of keeping us up and then having a better chance of doing well next season with us than them .

luton will not be able to go further forward without a new ground

burnley have showed their ambition by selling ade and not giving sc any money from the deal

those 2 clubs are overacheving due to good management while were the opposite due to bad management.

i think both cotterill and newell like the idea of managing this club but i suppose it s all about loyalty

Swings and roundabouts, though. I think it's less to do with City's own attractiveness, and more the personality of the managers concerned. If any of the three like an easy life, don't like the challenge or whatever, then this job will not be of any interest. Whatever we think, it's a huge risk coming here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put us down, I'm just keeping a bit of perspective on things.

Leicester is the 7th biggest city in England. i'd say that is pretty big, wouldn't you?

Hull and Bristol are both bigger cities than Leicester, would you say their respective clubs are bigger than ours?

Archived