Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

bill Anderson

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put us down, I'm just keeping a bit of perspective on things.

Hull and Bristol are both bigger cities than Leicester, would you say their respective clubs are bigger than ours?

Bristol have two teams remember.

Hull is a rugby city remember

Bristol have two teams remember.

So does Manchester. So does Liverpool. Your point being?

Hull is a rugby city remember

So is Leeds, Bradford, Bristol, yes, even Leicester. Your point being?

So does Manchester. So does Liverpool. Your point being?

So is Leeds, Bradford, Bristol, yes, even Leicester. Your point being?

sorry, i forgot to mention the culture of the cities. Bristol doesn't have a football culture, and so the fact that there are two teams restricts things. Hull is very much a rugby culture and you know it.

sorry, i forgot to mention the culture of the cities. Bristol doesn't have a football culture, and so the fact that there are two teams restricts things. Hull is very much a rugby culture and you know it.

Have you ever been to either city? I'm sure they'd disagree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put us down, I'm just keeping a bit of perspective on things.

Hull and Bristol are both bigger cities than Leicester, would you say their respective clubs are bigger than ours?

What are your sources for that?

According to the 2001 census, Hull has a population of 36,332 less than Leicester.

I've looked at a handful of sites, most of which have completely different populations than each other, but none of them say that Hull is bigger than Leicester.

What are your sources for that?

According to the 2001 census, Hull has a population of 36,332 less than Leicester.

I've looked at a handful of sites, most of which have completely different populations than each other, but none of them say that Hull is bigger than Leicester.

The book I have was issued before the last census.

36K fewer makes Hull a similar size anyway. I don't see what the beef is.

I started an earlier post on the subject and i took it to mean that they are popular with their fans (cott,davies and newell)and wouldnt be popular here! HOW DOES HE KNOW ALL HE DOES IS SLAG US.

PEN1 PEN1 HATE THE BILL PEN1 HATE THE BILL PEN 1 PEN1 HATE THE BILL!

As i said in my thread he constantly slags us off yet his finger is nowhere near the pulse of the leicester fan.

Why are we going on about size of the city?! We are talking football here! We are not a big Football Club any more.

Yeah, was just intrested in how we are apparenlty the 7th biggest city in England.

Add Leeds to my above list thats definatley bigger.

I have a list:

1 London LON 7,172,091

2 Birmingham WML 970,892

3 Liverpool MER 469,017

4 Leeds WYS 443,247

5 Sheffield SYS 439,866

6 Bristol BRI 420,556

7 Manchester MAN 394,269

8 Leicester LEI 330,574

9 Coventry WML 303,475

10 Kingston upon Hull KUH 301,416

11 Bradford WYS 293,717

12 Stoke-on-Trent STR 259,252

13 Wolverhampton WML 251,462

14 Nottingham NOT 249,584

15 Plymouth PLY 243,795

16 Southampton SHT 234,224

17 Reading REA 232,662

18 Derby DER 229,407

I have a list:

1 London LON 7,172,091

2 Birmingham WML 970,892

3 Liverpool MER 469,017

4 Leeds WYS 443,247

5 Sheffield SYS 439,866

6 Bristol BRI 420,556

7 Manchester MAN 394,269

8 Leicester LEI 330,574

9 Coventry WML 303,475

10 Kingston upon Hull KUH 301,416

11 Bradford WYS 293,717

12 Stoke-on-Trent STR 259,252

13 Wolverhampton WML 251,462

14 Nottingham NOT 249,584

15 Plymouth PLY 243,795

16 Southampton SHT 234,224

17 Reading REA 232,662

18 Derby DER 229,407

Thats crap :smile:

Well its a well known fact Manc is the thrid biggest city in England. Leicester is most definately not bigger then Nottingham.

Thats crap :smile:

Well its a well known fact Manc is the thrid biggest city in England. Leicester is most definately not bigger then Nottingham.

Your getting confused by Manchester and Greater Manchester.

The Table is correct, but if you were to put them in order of biggest metropolitan areas then Greater Manchester would be 3rd and Nottingham would be bigger then Leicester.

The table is just Leicester i.e. without Oadby, Wigston etc etc and Nottingham is without it's urban towns.

I think Nottinghams Metropolitan area is something like 680,000 and Leicester's is only around 430,000.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Your getting confused by Manchester and Greater Manchester.

The Table is correct, but if you were to put them in order of biggest metropolitan areas then Greater Manchester would be 3rd and Nottingham would be bigger then Leicester.

The table is just Leicester i.e. without Oadby, Wigston etc etc and Nottingham is without it's urban towns.

I think Nottinghams Metropolitan area is something like 680,000 and Leicester's is only around 430,000.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

I think that's where alot of the confusion has been :thumbup:

Try telling that to the fans in Bristol, Just because they don't get the big crowds anymore don't think they don't have a football culture!

A couple of problems the Bristol teams have in attracting bigger gates are lack of success and having a large non-indigenous population!

The number of people who graduate from the University and decide to settle in the city is huge, much larger then most university cities, maybe Manchester comes close, and as they have come from other parts of the country they most likely support other teams.

Whatever, it sure cheeses me off to have to stare at those Nottingham East Midlands Airport signs behind the Kop End goal.

If it makes things better, I give them a good bashing during the game.

Archived