Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Kelly In?

Kelly for Manager?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Kelly In?

• Yes
    • No

No , but what Kelly has done is very good.

We simply dont have to make a panic decision and employ some total idiot like Reid.

There's no rush , getting the right man is crucial , and I'd rather us take our time and get the right man , than rush in and get someone thats going to dump us in the shit again.

Kelly and Stowell 'till end of season will do me fine.

"I've not even thought about it and I don't think about it because I'm sensible about things like that.

"I'm a coach, that's what I am, and all I wanted to do was make as good a fist as a could of that."

Rob Kelly

Doesn't look like he's interested in taking over full time, but it sounds like he'd be up for it til the end of the season ...

If we can't get Newell, then we should give Kelly til the end of the season.

Some of the arguments on here are extremely harsh on Kelly. Barton and others say he has too much "baggage" or that "he's too closely affiliated to Levein."

What??? He did not work with Levein before he came here, he was no part of Levein's backroom staff in Scotland or anywhere else. The board appointed him because he knew more about the English game than Levein.

Just because he's worked under Levein for the last 15 months he's automatically tarred as being Levein MarkII. Give the man a break ffs. He's won 2 bloody games in a row and got us out of the relegation zone. And people still aren't giving him any credit. What did you expect from a caretaker manager?

Give the guy a break. He did not ask to work under Levein, the board asked him to. And that's being held against him by some fans, which is wrong imo.

Correct. He should be given a fair chance in his own right with no mis-conceptions.

We should not appoint him on the basis or 3/4/5 games though. Keep things as they are - no other action is immediately required. Should this recent upturn be anything other than a temporary honeymoon period often experienced under new managers immaterial of their ability, then he could be a good choice to take the job permanently.

I'm patting myself on the back now because that is a well-constructed, well-argued kick-ass post!

If we can't get Newell, then we should give Kelly til the end of the season.

Some of the arguments on here are extremely harsh on Kelly. Barton and others say he has too much "baggage" or that "he's too closely affiliated to Levein."

What??? He did not work with Levein before he came here, he was no part of Levein's backroom staff in Scotland or anywhere else. The board appointed him because he knew more about the English game than Levein.

Just because he's worked under Levein for the last 15 months he's automatically tarred as being Levein MarkII. Give the man a break ffs. He's won 2 bloody games in a row and got us out of the relegation zone. And people still aren't giving him any credit. What did you expect from a caretaker manager?

Give the guy a break. He did not ask to work under Levein, the board asked him to. And that's being held against him by some fans, which is wrong imo.

Give up Anish, some people can't grasp the fact.

Stranger things have happened! :P

Wasn't Kelly employed because of his knowledge of the English game and the good work he did at Blackburn with the Youth Squad. I doubt Levein would have brought in players like Smith and Fryatt without seeking the advice of Kelly.

is this history repeating itself i wonder?

when pleat was given the order of the boot the caretaker manager kept city up and then little took charge.

we had 16 games to stay up , maybe needing to win seven of them and the guy has won two already.

Kelly also has an affiliation with the club, which i never new about :blush:

He was here as a kid I think.

He played for us in the 80s :thumbup: 27 appearances.

I'd agree with what some have said on this thread, don't officially give him the job until the end of the season but do give him the next 2 games to see if this is a honeymoon period or if he's really getting them motivated. I'd rather have him in charge than Holloway, and if someone like Newell really wants to come here then the end of the season is as good as now - better even as there is no guilt about him leaving Luton in the lurch etc. (although there is an increased risk then of another club wanting him).

Archived