Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STU1

kisnorbo

I hope the Kisnorbo issue can be put to bed anyhow. He's found his niche and deserves to win the crowd over if he can maintain his current level of performance at centre-half.

I think he is possibly the best header of the ball at the club anyways, certainly wins 90% of contested headers. His midfield limitations are irrelevant at centre-half and indeed his simple distribution is more welcoming in that position.

My viewpoint is that it's difficult to expect a fan to not criticise consistently poor performances, irrespective of whether they result from a player playing in his wrong position (and as I said last post, I'm sure most thought he was brought in as a midfield 'destroyer').

Fair enough Martyn. I just get a little disappointed with some of the needless personal attacks on some of the players which just detract from the overall points some try to get across. As it happens, I agree with what you have been saying.

Oh ye of poor judgement more like.....

Not at all. Some of us are perhaps less eager to jump on people's backs.

That's not to say he's been fantastic or whatever, but it's been obvious he's been struggling in midfield, and some of us would rather not make matters worse by booing the guy and putting him under more pressure than he was. I know you probably didn't boo personally, but I hope you get the gist.

The other thing that nnoyed me was the Plymouth game, where he played in the centre of defence and looked better, but people who didn't go to the game didn't believe it. Again, not you personally. :thumbup:

Not at all. Some of us are perhaps less eager to jump on people's backs.

That's not to say he's been fantastic or whatever, but it's been obvious he's been struggling in midfield, and some of us would rather not make matters worse by booing the guy and putting him under more pressure than he was. I know you probably didn't boo personally, but I hope you get the gist.

The other thing that nnoyed me was the Plymouth game, where he played in the centre of defence and looked better, but people who didn't go to the game didn't believe it. Again, not you personally. :thumbup:

Spot on Lisa.

I never booed him. I've never booed a City player but I reserve my right to criticise him or any other player in the pub or on these boards if i feel he's played shit.

People weren't criticising him blindly. He has been shit in all but one of the games I've seen him play in midfield. I've seen him play in defence three or four times and he's been better.

I've admitted that my overall judgement was wrong but hey it shows I'm human after all. I also said that I am delighted be have been proven so. Why, because it means that we're doing better.

If L444ry and his high horse had been around against Southampton, he might have been able to keep the chavs from their coaches.

I admire him for having never made a poor judgement as he intimates.

Big respect to Kisnorbo. I thought he was ace at the back.

I didn't hear any booing when the team was announced on Saturday so that was nice too.

Hope he can continue in his 'correct' position and play the way he did on Saturday.

Well done chap!

Spot on Lisa.

I never booed him. I've never booed a City player but I reserve my right to criticise him or any other player in the pub or on these boards if i feel he's played shit.

People weren't criticising him blindly. He has been shit in all but one of the games I've seen him play in midfield. I've seen him play in defence three or four times and he's been better.

I've admitted that my overall judgement was wrong but hey it shows I'm human after all. I also said that I am delighted be have been proven so. Why, because it means that we're doing better.

If L444ry and his high horse had been around against Southampton, he might have been able to keep the chavs from their coaches.

I admire him for having never made a poor judgement as he intimates.

"In my opinion, the abuse that was given out yesterday was unwarranted at times. FFS, people round me didn't even cheer when we scored. I saw people abusing De Vries Kisnorbo and Douglas every time the ball went near them. For the life of me I can't see how that is in any way constructive for the club."

May I remind you of something you posted not too long ago. As this mirrors exactly my whole point in defence of Kisnorbo .......what the bl**dy hell is that claptrap above all about?

"In my opinion, the abuse that was given out yesterday was unwarranted at times. FFS, people round me didn't even cheer when we scored. I saw people abusing De Vries Kisnorbo and Douglas every time the ball went near them. For the life of me I can't see how that is in any way constructive for the club."

May I remind you of something you posted not too long ago. As this mirrors exactly my whole point in defence of Kisnorbo .......what the bl**dy hell is that claptrap above all about?

That claptrap is about you intimating that I criticised Kisnorbo blindly in your earlier post and intimating that posters were idiots.

In fact, by trawling through my previous offerings, all you have done is backed up exactly what I was saying, i have never criticised him in a game by booing. All I was saying was that I was wrong about his complete lack of ability.

He has been a revelation at centre half and I don't think many of us idiots expected that to happen.

That claptrap is about you intimating that I criticised Kisnorbo blindly in your earlier post and intimating that posters were idiots.

In fact, by trawling through my previous offerings, all you have done is backed up exactly what I was saying, i have never criticised him in a game by booing. All I was saying was that I was wrong about his complete lack of ability.

He has been a revelation at centre half and I don't think many of us idiots expected that to happen.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear!!! Full of self importance aren't we? I was, and am, making the general point that it would be better if personal abuse did not litter genuine criticism. How that equates to what you believe about Kisnorbo and the point I have just made AGAIN, heaven only knows. May I suggest you read the whole thread and in what context my little contribution is, rather than assume you are the centre of all things universal.

Back to the subject in hand (which is about Patrick Kisnorbo incase anybody forgot/got bored/fell asleep/immigrated etc) I was warmly pleased that when he was announced Wolverhampton Breweries :whistle: MOTM people gave him a 'triffic' round of applause, he deserved that. I think he can go on to be a good player for us but please not in midfield!

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear!!! Full of self importance aren't we? I was, and am, making the general point that it would be better if personal abuse did not litter genuine criticism.

Then don't call people idiots or accuse them of a lack of judgement

How that equates to what you believe about Kisnorbo and the point I have just made AGAIN, heaven only knows. May I suggest you read the whole thread and in what context my little contribution is, rather than assume you are the centre of all things universal.

Again personal abuse

As for full of self importance and being the centre of all things universal, well done. You've got me off to a T. And here's me thinking that I hide it so well.

Never mind, now it's in the open perhaps everyone can carry on with their lives. (Albeit that they will not be as important or indeed exciting as my own)

He played very well on saturday (the first time i'd seen him play 90 mins at centre half). He looks comfortable there and is a valuable squad member if he continues to play there. Got a feeling he could become abit of a folk hero. Us City fans have a knack for abusing players who then turn out to be quite good and they get a cult hero status.

He played very well on saturday (the first time i'd seen him play 90 mins at centre half). He looks comfortable there and is a valuable squad member if he continues to play there. Got a feeling he could become abit of a folk hero. Us City fans have a knack for abusing players who then turn out to be quite good and they get a cult hero status.

Indeed, it is a thin dividing line between cult and ****.

As for full of self importance and being the centre of all things universal, well done. You've got me off to a T. And here's me thinking that I hide it so well.

Never mind, now it's in the open perhaps everyone can carry on with their lives. (Albeit that they will not be as important or indeed exciting as my own)

Tongue in cheek comments referring to posters who had admitted a change of heart on Kisnorbo can hardly be construed as personal abuse Hullcox. And I can't think for the life of me why you would have the arrogance to suppose I would be bothering to refer to you personally when posting on that subject.

Tongue in cheek comments referring to posters who had admitted a change of heart on Kisnorbo can hardly be construed as personal abuse Hullcox. And I can't think for the life of me why you would have the arrogance to suppose I would be bothering to refer to you personally when posting on that subject.

:yawn:

I think it's fair to say that along with Fryatt's inclusion, the performances over the last two games by Kisnorbo have been a major influence in our turn around. We now look pretty solid at the back and his pace, awareness and strength make up for some of the shortcomings of one or two of the players currently at the back ie Nisse's lack of pace.

I think it's fair to say that along with Fryatt's inclusion, the performances over the last two games by Kisnorbo have been a major influence in our turn around. We now look pretty solid at the back and his pace, awareness and strength make up for some of the shortcomings of one or two of the players currently at the back ie Nisse's lack of pace.

Quite so. Also, one of the things that was clear in the Wolves match is that he commands much of the left side of defence - so Nisse played much wider than many of our fill-in left-backs have been. Meant we looked a whole lot less exposed since anyone going down the outside had less room and more ground to cover (so Nisse's pace was less of an issue), while cutting inside meant running against Kisnorbo.

Archived