Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STU1

kisnorbo

what a difference when you play people in the right positions

[Did my reply get deleted? It said:]

Indeed! And it is one of the manager's jobs to play players in their "natural" positions

(NOT a reference to my signature at all) :P

Kisnorbo was EXCELLENT today! As indeed were most of the team. :D:thumbup:

Only Maybury and Johansson looked a little vulnerable today. Any ideas on why that should be?

Maybury has been ill over the past few days and Nisse was feared to have a broken foot after QPR

Totally agree. Although i didnt think he was MOTM, he was very good!

Kisnorbo looked solid at CB and had a good game but, IMO, Fryatt should have been MOTM.

That said, I think it was great that it was given to Kisnorbo and announced during the match, what a confidence boost that must have been for him.

:)

when he put his head down to head the ball in the second half mins before they announced MOTM, and a fould was given, i thought the guy was gunna kick his head instead of the ball :huh:

Yeah, tht could of been nasty - he must have a lot of guts to put his head in like that.

It's something I noticed on several occassions, he nevers shys away from doing what is necessary even if it could lead to a boot in the face.

Kisnorbo played well and deserved his MOTM award. Once his nerves settled dwn after the first 15 minutes he looked solid. Maybury and Nil are the main worries in the team. Sheenan should get his chance sooner rather then later and sylla should be bck. Definately give the team more balance and stability. If not sylla, smith should get recalled.

I have called Kisnorbo everything from a pig to a dog for his performances in the middle of the park.

His performances in defence (even at left back) however have been an absolute revelation and I for one am delighted.

His bravery and application represent everything I want to see from someone pulling on the shirt and I take great pleasure from being proved wrong.

Just shows what good management can do. After the Wednesday game I wouldn't have minded if he'd never appeared in a Leicester shirt again, but at centre back i was impressed.

I would certainly prefer a proper winger to Maybury, but at the moment there aren't many other options and unless Sylla improves I'd stick with Maybury, I liked how Stearman and Maybury switched around.

I have called Kisnorbo everything from a pig to a dog for his performances in the middle of the park.

His performances in defence (even at left back) however have been an absolute revelation and I for one am delighted.

His bravery and application represent everything I want to see from someone pulling on the shirt and I take great pleasure from being proved wrong.

Ditto....I even cheekily suggested a walkout if he was in the team after the Sheff W loss. Fully prepared to eat humble pie. I'd rather swap him and Nissa's positions.

L444ry should be City manager or at least an advisor to. He seems to have an uncanny ability to see that a player who was an abomination in midfield clearly had the potential to slot in effortlessly at centre back.

It's frivolous to take the high ground with Kisnorbo. He was very poor in midfield and was rightly criticised. (i acknowledge however that booing is out of order) People cannot be expected to stop and think 'Hmm he may be good at centre-back, I'll reserve judgement'.

I was always under the impression Kisnorbo was brought here as a midfielder anyway, certainly after the way Levein and Tiatto had been speaking about him.

L444ry should be City manager or at least an advisor to. He seems to have an uncanny ability to see that a player who was an abomination in midfield clearly had the potential to slot in effortlessly at centre back.

It's frivolous to take the high ground with Kisnorbo. He was very poor in midfield and was rightly criticised. (i acknowledge however that booing is out of order) People cannot be expected to stop and think 'Hmm he may be good at centre-back, I'll reserve judgement'.

I was always under the impression Kisnorbo was brought here as a midfielder anyway, certainly after the way Levein and Tiatto had been speaking about him.

That's a bit rich actually. It's mostly the idiots who criticised Kisnorbo blindly who are giving all the advice on here. Incidentally, the same as all the Levein apologists who were prophecying doomsday if he were to be sacked. There is nothing wrong with admitting "mistakes" wholeheartedly, I just wish some didn't always have to have a proviso. It weren't me Guvnor.....

I hope the Kisnorbo issue can be put to bed anyhow. He's found his niche and deserves to win the crowd over if he can maintain his current level of performance at centre-half.

I think he is possibly the best header of the ball at the club anyways, certainly wins 90% of contested headers. His midfield limitations are irrelevant at centre-half and indeed his simple distribution is more welcoming in that position.

My viewpoint is that it's difficult to expect a fan to not criticise consistently poor performances, irrespective of whether they result from a player playing in his wrong position (and as I said last post, I'm sure most thought he was brought in as a midfield 'destroyer').

Due to Kisnorbo's poorer performances that is all he will be remembered for at this club sadly, all the people who slagged him off (myslef included) will continue to do so just to keep face, i wonder how many peoples opinions will/have change/d after his last two performances. Mine certainly have. I know my post may sound a bit contradictary but im not the brightest bulb and i can't think of a way to word it better!! lol

Archived