Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Reverend

Will we get relegated?

Relegation  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Will we still get relegated?

• Yes
    • No

A few weeks ago before Levein was sacked my answer would have been - Yes

A couple of weeks ago when Levein was sacked my answer would have been - Yes (We left sacking Levein to late)

Now, I don't expect instant change but recent preformances have inspired my to now say - NO!

I don't mind if you all have a laugh at my expense but I really believe that we'll finish top 10 and with a bit of luck (OK - lots of luck!), we'll finish in the last play-off spot.

I know that it means we'll have to win all of our games but stranger things have happened, not that I can name one.

I don't mind if you all have a laugh at my expense but I really believe that we'll finish top 10 and with a bit of luck (OK - lots of luck!), we'll finish in the last play-off spot.

I know that it means we'll have to win all of our games but stranger things have happened, not that I can name one.

You been drinking? :cheers:

We don't know who's going to be running the side yet.........which concerns me.

The other thing is we have a desperately small squad, especially in certain positions.

We have one centre-forward and another in O'Grady who remains untried.

We have one supposed right winger who doesn't really do the job of a right winger from what I've seen so far.

And, if Kelly is worried that Sheehan isn't ready for first team duty then we need a left-back because what we've got has never been convincing to me.

And so you have a situation where the transfer window has closed we still have two or three major weaknesses and if we have injuries we have very little in the way of genuinely effective cover.

Imagine us losing, for instance: Stearman, McCarthy (perhaps to suspension) or Fryatt.

We don't know who's going to be running the side yet.........which concerns me.

The other thing is we have a desperately small squad, especially in certain positions.

We have one centre-forward and another in O'Grady who remains untried.

We have one supposed right winger who doesn't really do the job of a right winger from what I've seen so far.

And, if Kelly is worried that Sheehan isn't ready for first team duty then we need a left-back because what we've got has never been convincing to me.

And so you have a situation where the transfer window has closed we still have two or three major weaknesses and if we have injuries we have very little in the way of genuinely effective cover.

Imagine us losing, for instance: Stearman, McCarthy (perhaps to suspension) or Fryatt.

We would be in pretty deep shit Thrac! Though IMO you could put Maybury in for Stearman and Gerrbrand in for McCarthy. Not sure about Fryatt though! We havent had a player like him since Paul Dickov left and didnt replace him in two years :( so i find it difficult to think that he could be adequately replaced.

We just need the rub of the green. If we get minimal injuries i think we'll be fin in all honesty :thumbup:

We would be in pretty deep shit Thrac! Though IMO you could put Maybury in for Stearman and Gerrbrand in for McCarthy. Not sure about Fryatt though! We havent had a player like him since Paul Dickov left and didnt replace him in two years :( so i find it difficult to think that he could be adequately replaced.

We just need the rub of the green. If we get minimal injuries i think we'll be fin in all honesty :thumbup:

Gerrbrand is an absolute calamity. and Stearman is an upcoming talent at LCFC and he is already better than Maybury. he is more confident on the ball whereas Maybury just HOOF's the ball. Stearman is a lot better attacking and defending. Maybury is a dodgy player although when he plays well he is ok. but he is so inconsistent. stearman has the passion as he is local and he is living his dream and living it well so how can you say Maybury in for Stearman and Gerrbrand in for McCarthy. every game that i have seen McCarthy he's lead the defense well and Gerrbrand hasn't got a clue and he wasn't worth what we paid for him!!!!

Gerrbrand is an absolute calamity. and Stearman is an upcoming talent at LCFC and he is already better than Maybury. he is more confident on the ball whereas Maybury just HOOF's the ball. Stearman is a lot better attacking and defending. Maybury is a dodgy player although when he plays well he is ok. but he is so inconsistent. stearman has the passion as he is local and he is living his dream and living it well so how can you say Maybury in for Stearman and Gerrbrand in for McCarthy. every game that i have seen McCarthy he's lead the defense well and Gerrbrand hasn't got a clue and he wasn't worth what we paid for him!!!!

YES I AGREE

Calm down - I think you should re-read the post, he was saying who could we bring in if there were injuries or suspensions to Stearman & McCarthy.

Yes,you can name one,Crystal Palace in 2004

Archived