Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Chelsea Vs Barca

Good result as i'm anti-Chelsea. Will support any other British team apart from them. Messi is a talent at 18 years old.

:scarf: BARCELONA!!!! :scarf:

i didnt watch it but wow here is my betting story...

first i put £5 on eto'o 6/1 as first goal scorer

and also £5 on terry 28/1 as last goal scorer

as soon as i seen on sky sports news that terry has scored an own goal i was jumping for joy :D:D

but then eto'o scored and i was so pi**ed off :mad::mad:

but then as the game finnished i checked out my betting account to find that i had £35 waiting for me :o:D

seems that he was the first goal scorer according to them, i never realised that own goals didnt count as goals to the bookies

but any way cheers eto'o

All i can say is god help England in the World Cup. We must just watch a different football game to everyone else, like the Real Madrid Arsenal game the referee has given some really awful decisions. Never a red card for Del Horno, if it was, why wasn't it a red card for Puyol taking out Robben i think it was? In fact it wasn't even a second yellow!

Messi was still class though you have to admire that. I thought Drogba was not far from disgraceful, did he even want to be on the pitch? Chelsea need an Eto'o or someone who can do nothing all game, yet pop up with a goal.

Terry played brilliantly and fills me with a lot of confidence for the World Cup when he'll have the est players in the world running at him every match. I think it's too much to ask of Chelsea now, but you never know...

Thats a good point. If Chelsea had outplayed them, then fair enough. As for the red card, "you reap what you sow" (Robben Vs Liverpool) :)

But to that i'm sure there are many incidents in the spanish league where barcelona have benfitted from such a case before, almost all clubs do. I agree that they do deserve some sort of ''pay-back'' for what Robben did, but against Liverpool or in the Premiership, not the quarters of Champions League. It seems we are still decades away from the experts of play-acting, and to be honest i'd rather we kept away from it. You could see Messi fall over, have a look at the ref, then flop back down to roll around.

i didnt watch it but wow here is my betting story...

first i put £5 on eto'o 6/1 as first goal scorer

and also £5 on terry 28/1 as last goal scorer

as soon as i seen on sky sports news that terry has scored an own goal i was jumping for joy :D:D

but then eto'o scored and i was so pi**ed off :mad::mad:

but then as the game finnished i checked out my betting account to find that i had £35 waiting for me :o:D

seems that he was the first goal scorer according to them, i never realised that own goals didnt count as goals to the bookies

but any way cheers eto'o

yeah own goals don't count.

I trust the Gurning Russian will go home to his Big Yatch very unhappy tonight. Many more defeats and he'll be taking his ill gotten gains back to Siberia or wherever it is he ripped half a nation for his personal greed. I hate Chelski (not quite as much as Arsenal), but I do hate them. I especially hated them in 1980 when we (that's the fans) got battered at Stamford Bridge after the Boxing Day fixture, the "Hark now hear the Leicesters sing" fixture. I'm looking forward to watching Ronaldino (the best player in the world by a country mile) rip them to shreds at the Nou Camp.

But to that i'm sure there are many incidents in the spanish league where barcelona have benfitted from such a case before, almost all clubs do. I agree that they do deserve some sort of ''pay-back'' for what Robben did, but against Liverpool or in the Premiership, not the quarters of Champions League. It seems we are still decades away from the experts of play-acting, and to be honest i'd rather we kept away from it. You could see Messi fall over, have a look at the ref, then flop back down to roll around.

He fully deserved the red card!! I admit that the one that got him sent off should've been a yellow and not a straight red, but most definitely a yellow as the ball was nowhere in sight and he just rams into Messi, not forgetting to mention that he fouled him at the beginning of Messi's run that ultimately got del Horno sent off! The one that should've gotten him sent off was the high tackle from behind on Messi earlier...It looked like he wanted to kill Messi out there today, and what a disgrace he was. It infuriates me that you can defend his performance today :angry:

He fully deserved the red card!! I admit that the one that got him sent off should've been a yellow and not a straight red, but most definitely a yellow as the ball was nowhere in sight and he just rams into Messi, not forgetting to mention that he fouled him at the beginning of Messi's run that ultimately got del Horno sent off! The one that should've gotten him sent off was the high tackle from behind on Messi earlier...It looked like he wanted to kill Messi out there today, and what a disgrace he was. It infuriates me that you can defend his performance today :angry:

So when people target Man Utd's Ronaldo to stop him having time on the ball people call him a diver, yet when Messi plays an awsome game and falls over he's some kind of victim? Del Horno has acted as Mourinho has obviously wanted, stop him having any time on the ball what so ever even if that results in getting a booking. And why not? the like of Bolton, and West Brom will be the first to admit they do it to the likes of Arsenal, because it unsettles them. I can and will defend Del Horno, i'm sure we all wern't bothered when our back four were constantly getting up the arses of the Arsenal strikers, kicking them all over the park a few seasons ago and scored that Hignett last minute equaliser?!

So if this tackle is deemed a professional foul, then why has their scruffy hobbo looking player not been sent off or even booked for fouling the Chelsea player with absolutely no intent of winning the ball, just to stop the chelsea attack, it's all relative. Messi has play acted for the sending off, simple as, if you can't see him take a look at the ref then well there's nothing i can say. Now maybe people will appreciate players as fast and skillful as Messi and Ronaldo (although he isn't as good) are prone to being fouled, only difference is we get to see Ronaldo doing it week in week out, this is only one of about 4 times i've seen this lad play in a few months.

Try not to disregard the numerous fouls on Chelsea players in just as dangerous positions that went un-punished. Messi is indeed one hell of a talent, but not the Messiah.

So when people target Man Utd's Ronaldo to stop him having time on the ball people call him a diver, yet when Messi plays an awsome game and falls over he's some kind of victim? Del Horno has acted as Mourinho has obviously wanted, stop him having any time on the ball what so ever even if that results in getting a booking. And why not? the like of Bolton, and West Brom will be the first to admit they do it to the likes of Arsenal, because it unsettles them. I can and will defend Del Horno, i'm sure we all wern't bothered when our back four were constantly getting up the arses of the Arsenal strikers, kicking them all over the park a few seasons ago and scored that Hignett last minute equaliser?!

So if this tackle is deemed a professional foul, then why has their scruffy hobbo looking player not been sent off or even booked for fouling the Chelsea player with absolutely no intent of winning the ball, just to stop the chelsea attack, it's all relative. Messi has play acted for the sending off, simple as, if you can't see him take a look at the ref then well there's nothing i can say. Now maybe people will appreciate players as fast and skillful as Messi and Ronaldo (although he isn't as good) are prone to being fouled, only difference is we get to see Ronaldo doing it week in week out, this is only one of about 4 times i've seen this lad play in a few months.

Try not to disregard the numerous fouls on Chelsea players in just as dangerous positions that went un-punished. Messi is indeed one hell of a talent, but not the Messiah.

What a post. Spot on Benji.

But why should you defend del Horno? He was horribly late in nearly every tackle! He shouldn't have been on the pitch beyond the first 20 minutes! I did notice Messi acting, as you could see he was already preparing himself for a collision when he jumped up both feet together, but why does that detract from a very poor 'tackle' that was more appropriate on a rugby pitch? The assistant referee saw it very clearly, and so Messi falling to the ground wasn't going to influence the decision. Besides, del Horno himself was acting, playing injured as if Messi had knocked HIM over, so whichever way you look at it, del Horno has been an idiot and was rightly sent off even if it was too late IMO.

I don't mind teams closing players down or marking tightly, but they risk conceding plenty of freekicks. In this case, del Horno was flying in on Messi all over the pitch, even in less dangerous areas, so it almost seemed like he was ordered to injure him or something...despiccable...

But why should you defend del Horno? He was horribly late in nearly every tackle! He shouldn't have been on the pitch beyond the first 20 minutes! I did notice Messi acting, as you could see he was already preparing himself for a collision when he jumped up both feet together, but why does that detract from a very poor 'tackle' that was more appropriate on a rugby pitch? The assistant referee saw it very clearly, and so Messi falling to the ground wasn't going to influence the decision. Besides, del Horno himself was acting, playing injured as if Messi had knocked HIM over, so whichever way you look at it, del Horno has been an idiot and was rightly sent off even if it was too late IMO.

I don't mind teams closing players down or marking tightly, but they risk conceding plenty of freekicks. In this case, del Horno was flying in on Messi all over the pitch, even in less dangerous areas, so it almost seemed like he was ordered to injure him or something...despiccable...

The thing is i can't see how it was anymore effective upon the game as the situation about 70 minutes in that i mentioned above. It's the consistancy that annoys me more than anything, how Puyol never got a second card is beyond me, i'm sure if he had been sent off or the game have flowed as it should have, i would not feel the need to take sides, but we all know as leicester fans how a match can go against you if the ref decides to go off on one. Tonight was a big big game but from a neutral side I could only see Barca playing with 12 men tonight.

The thing is i can't see how it was anymore effective upon the game as the situation about 70 minutes in that i mentioned above. It's the consistancy that annoys me more than anything, how Puyol never got a second card is beyond me, i'm sure if he had been sent off or the game have flowed as it should have, i would not feel the need to take sides, but we all know as leicester fans how a match can go against you if the ref decides to go off on one. Tonight was a big big game but from a neutral side I could only see Barca playing with 12 men tonight.

Fair enough, I was focusing my point on your defense of Del Horno which I think is nonsense as he clearly warranted a red card for that performance. He WAS inconsistant (the ref) but I didn't feel he favoured any side. I actually rooted a little for Chelsea to tease my Arsenal supporting friend, and Terry was very lucky not to give away a penalty when he barged down Messi from behind in the second half. It's probably a nightmare game for a ref to be in charge of, but that shouldn't be an excuse at this level.

I wanted Chelsea to win, and still do, but Barca played well in the 2nd half, especially when Henrik Larsson came on and they deserved to win.

My two cents on the sendng off are as followed:

- It was a bad bad tackle from del Horno, not sure if it was a red-card, but it should have been punished with at least a yellow card.

- Yes, Messi playacted, however we see it every week, because it is now part and parcel of football. Unfortunately, we'll just have to get used to all these divers in football.

- Finally, de Horno's reaction was equally as disgraceful. The fact that he rolled around on the floor wasting time pretending to be injured, trying to detract from the fact he just committed a bad foul. I think he did it because he knew he was in trouble, so by acting injured i think he thought he was safe. But on the other hand thuis may have worked against him, as he himself had no chance to plead his case to the referee, whereas the Barca players who surrounded the ref did.

In conclusion i think he shouldn't have been sent-off, but thats because im English, and the fact i wanted to see a good fair game. Yes, we saw a good game, but it wasnt fair, and because of that, Chelsea are facing Champions League elimination.

However on the flip-side, John Terry gave away a clear penalty when he ran all over Messi, and hand balled it in the same incident, but the referee didn't give it. Just says that the referee wasn't all bad for Chelsea, otherwise they would be eliminated from the Champions League.

Archived