Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Chelsea Vs Barca

What comes around goes around.

I didn't see Mourinho and the rest of the Chelsea lot complaining after Robben's tumble against Liverpool...

And that's just one of many.

Exactly, hypocrisy of the worst kind. :mad::mad::mad::mad::( <_<

What comes around goes around.

I didn't see Mourinho and the rest of the Chelsea lot complaining after Robben's tumble against Liverpool...

And that's just one of many.

It was the same when Porto played Celtic in UEFA final a few years back. Porto then managed by Mourinho rolled and dived their way to victory constantly interupting Celtic's flow. I used to respect Mourinho but frankly that has vanished, he talks out of his @rse 24-7. One rule for his team but different for opponents.

It's simple for me, it was a foul, it was clumsy it was maybe a booking. Del Horno didnt deny Messi a goalscoring oppurtunity and he didn't commit a dangerous tackle with intent to injure. He didn't swear at the referee, he didn't punch Messi in the face. Therefore it wasn't a sending off. I think some of you need to read the rules.

It's simple for me, it was a foul, it was clumsy it was maybe a booking. Del Horno didnt deny Messi a goalscoring oppurtunity and he didn't commit a dangerous tackle with intent to injure. He didn't swear at the referee, he didn't punch Messi in the face. Therefore it wasn't a sending off. I think some of you need to read the rules.

thats pretty much my veiw , i think it was just a very badly timed tackle and very clumsy . weather he should have been on the pitch at that time is neither here or there as the ref showed a straight red purely for the tackle . the reaction of the barcalona players didnt help matters nor del horno throwing himself to the ground . messi let himself down also with his reaction . with the exception of terry and lampard i think most people on the pitch were prepared to throw themselves on the floor and con the referee

I'm beyond blaming players for play acting now as they all do it and have done for a long long time and its only recently people have started making a big deal out of it. I haven't actually seen a punch kick and/or Elbow ect which actually warrented a player rolling around on the floor in pain since the days of Eric Cantona. Tap a footballer on the nose and they fall over :blink:.

I blame the referres for falling for it so often, and therefore promoting it.

Same here Jacky.

Messi looks fookin' awesome :o

Tell me about it. Stick one on him though and he'll hide, you just have to go about it the right way and properly crop him like Douglas did to Walcott.

He still isn't a patch on Rooney, but could well be I suppose.

Tell me about it. Stick one on him though and he'll hide, you just have to go about it the right way and properly crop him like Douglas did to Walcott.

He still isn't a patch on Rooney, but could well be I suppose.

True , Stick Sheehan on him , he'll have no problems :unsure::thumbup:

So when people target Man Utd's Ronaldo to stop him having time on the ball people call him a diver, yet when Messi plays an awsome game and falls over he's some kind of victim? Del Horno has acted as Mourinho has obviously wanted, stop him having any time on the ball what so ever even if that results in getting a booking. And why not? the like of Bolton, and West Brom will be the first to admit they do it to the likes of Arsenal, because it unsettles them. I can and will defend Del Horno, i'm sure we all wern't bothered when our back four were constantly getting up the arses of the Arsenal strikers, kicking them all over the park a few seasons ago and scored that Hignett last minute equaliser?!

So if this tackle is deemed a professional foul, then why has their scruffy hobbo looking player not been sent off or even booked for fouling the Chelsea player with absolutely no intent of winning the ball, just to stop the chelsea attack, it's all relative. Messi has play acted for the sending off, simple as, if you can't see him take a look at the ref then well there's nothing i can say. Now maybe people will appreciate players as fast and skillful as Messi and Ronaldo (although he isn't as good) are prone to being fouled, only difference is we get to see Ronaldo doing it week in week out, this is only one of about 4 times i've seen this lad play in a few months.

Try not to disregard the numerous fouls on Chelsea players in just as dangerous positions that went un-punished. Messi is indeed one hell of a talent, but not the Messiah.

At the end of the day, Chelsea have one rule for them and there are seperate rules for others. Mourinho can f**k off! :ph34r:

He committed a professional foul. He didn't go for the ball, and knocked over his man in an attempt to stop Messi. Hence it's a yellow. He had a yellow already, and so it would have been a red card no matter what.

He should've been sent off earlier though, as Messi himself points out, so Del Horno, Mourinho and Chelsea fans can have no complaints about it whatsoever.

What's so English about Chelski? They're owned by a Gurning Russia, managed by a Portugeezer and directed by an Alien from another planet (Kenyon). Don't say Terry and Lampard to me. Oh go on then....I still hate Chelsea though.

He committed a professional foul. He didn't go for the ball, and knocked over his man in an attempt to stop Messi. Hence it's a yellow. He had a yellow already, and so it would have been a red card no matter what.

He should've been sent off earlier though, as Messi himself points out, so Del Horno, Mourinho and Chelsea fans can have no complaints about it whatsoever.

Should of could of would of blah blah I don't care, that foul wasn't worthy of a straight red. End of discussion.

Should of could of would of blah blah I don't care, that foul wasn't worthy of a straight red. End of discussion.

But the ref deemed otherwise.

It was a blatant assault, even if Messi did make a ten-course banquet out of it!

Archived