Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

McCarthy Sacked

Mick McCarthy has been sacked from Sunderland. They've left it a bit late if they expect a new guy to come in and keep them up...

BLACK CATS SACK McCARTHY

Sunderland have sacked manager Mick McCarthy following Sunday's defeat to Manchester City.

The former Republic of Ireland boss was downhearted after seeing his side concede two early goals at The City of Manchester Stadium, although the bottom club battled back well before losing 2-1.

The Wearsiders have gained only ten points all season and are in great danger of beating their own record for the lowest-ever Premiership points tally. The latest defeat at the weekend leaves them 16 points away from safety and relegation seems a certainty.

Indeed, Sunderland have failed to obtain a home win all season in the league but they have picked up two victories on their travels.

McCarthy caused some consternation with chairman Bob Murray recently when appearing to indicate that he considered building a team capable of getting back into the top flight at the start of the season, although the Black Cats boss claimed his comments were misconstrued.

Sunderland were crowned Coca-Cola League champions last term but have seen Wigan Athletic and West Ham adapt far better to life at the highest level.

Murray will appoint a caretaker manager until the end of the season before appointing a permanent new boss in the summer.

Popular coach Kevin Ball will be among the favourites to take over the reins.

"I would like to thank Mick McCarthy for his efforts for the club and wish him and his family the best for the future."

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=36...S+SACK+McCARTHY

it's a bit harsh considering the fact he got them up, though he has been poor in the transfer market with signings like stead for 1.8m, gray who is no way near a prem striker, nosworthy who again is not a prem player and a few more on top of that. despite this poor season i still think he deserved a crack at getting them back up.

they had been bangin on how he would be staying

How quickly fans forget what managers have done -

saw on the championship people protesting at Nigel Worthington, yet in 3 seasons he has took them up, performed valiently (altough relegated) in the Prem on the last day, and are 6 points off the play-offs. Coupled with having to sell Ashton etc.

I think hes right up LCFC's street! No Nonsense manager and knows the champoinship.

He would work well alongside KELLY.

i think what people have to understand is that if mccarthy or any other potential manager came in they may not want to keep kelly . most managers bring their own backroom staff with them and not that often do they keep coaches on . i think kelly has done wonders here and think he shud be given a crack at next season . the only thing that worries me with kelly is how he may operate in the transfer market

How quickly fans forget what managers have done -

saw on the championship people protesting at Nigel Worthington, yet in 3 seasons he has took them up, performed valiently (altough relegated) in the Prem on the last day, and are 6 points off the play-offs. Coupled with having to sell Ashton etc.

Just a thought!

How many City fan's were happy to see the back of MA?

Not identical but similar scenario if you ask me!

Just a thought!

How many City fan's were happy to see the back of MA?

Not identical but similar scenario if you ask me!

I thinks it's a disgrace that he has been sacked. Like someone else said about Worthington, they have done so much for the club yet get sacked. You may as well not get a team promoted if you are a manager, get in the play offs every year and you'll be ok. Get promoted and people expect too much and you'll end up out of a job.

I thinks it's a disgrace that he has been sacked. Like someone else said about Worthington, they have done so much for the club yet get sacked. You may as well not get a team promoted if you are a manager, get in the play offs every year and you'll be ok. Get promoted and people expect too much and you'll end up out of a job.

........but it's no different to what we did to Adams, worse if anything, what with all the financial restraints Adams was under for much of his time at Leicester.

........but it's no different to what we did to Adams, worse if anything, what with all the financial restraints Adams was under for much of his time at Leicester.

Did I call for Adams head???

No, I was one of the very few who didn't. Anyone who has posted on here for long enough knows that. I said then that it was too hasty IMO.

Did I call for Adams head???

No, I was one of the very few who didn't. Anyone who has posted on here for long enough knows that. I said then that it was too hasty IMO.

I know that! But some people are saying it's a bit harsh, and I'm just pointing out that we did the same to MA.

Managers Like MM and MA are never going to be top premiership managers and so getting promoted, relegated and sacked is an occupational hazard.

Another Championship club will appoint MM as their manager before the start of next season-it may even be us, he'll do a decent job for whoever it may be and could even get them promoted, at the end of the day thats football!

I know that! But some people are saying it's a bit harsh, and I'm just pointing out that we did the same to MA.

Managers Like MM and MA are never going to be top premiership managers and so getting promoted, relegated and sacked is an occupational hazard.

Another Championship club will appoint MM as their manager before the start of next season-it may even be us, he'll do a decent job for whoever it may be and could even get them promoted, at the end of the day thats football!

He will wait till end of season now. I think all clubs in boat - LFC, DERBY, FOREST etc. are wiser to the fact that the benefit to the club in the short term is to leave caretaker/no.2 etc. in charge when there is so few games left - and all the clubs have seen an up-turn of sorts in form.

i think what people have to understand is that if mccarthy or any other potential manager came in they may not want to keep kelly . most managers bring their own backroom staff with them and not that often do they keep coaches on . i think kelly has done wonders here and think he shud be given a crack at next season . the only thing that worries me with kelly is how he may operate in the transfer market

Inside info tells me that Rob Kelly is guarenteed a job here regardless of which manager comes in.

The problem with this sacking is that there is now more competition for good managers out there in the summer!!

Newcastle (obviously not in our league, but say they got Sam Arraldyce, then Bolton need one etc. etc.)

Sunderland

Us

Derby

Forest

All 'big' clubs most will be going for a similar type of manager i.e. Martin Allen, Steve Tilson, Phil Parkinson etc... Or even Billy Davies, Steve Coterill, Mike Newell...

The problem with this sacking is that there is now more competition for good managers out there in the summer!!

Newcastle (obviously not in our league, but say they got Sam Arraldyce, then Bolton need one etc. etc.)

Sunderland

Us

Derby

Forest

All 'big' clubs most will be going for a similar type of manager i.e. Martin Allen, Steve Tilson, Phil Parkinson etc... Or even Billy Davies, Steve Coterill, Mike Newell...

:thumbup:

Archived