Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

maybe...

although joey has agreed to allready leave in the summer, i would imagine he cant of signed any contracts yet til he leaves leicester.

my point being maybe if we get behind joey personally from now until the end of the season and show him how important he is to us then he may reconsider.

hmmm wishful thinking

although joey has agreed to allready leave in the summer, i would imagine he cant of signed any contracts yet til he leaves leicester.

my point being maybe if we get behind joey personally from now until the end of the season and show him how important he is to us then he may reconsider.

hmmm wishful thinking

There's a major flaw in your plan - he's signed a contract.

There's a major flaw in your plan - he's signed a contract.

Tho this is true it is only a 'pre' contract agreement which means he hasnt actually signed a contract with az alkmaar just a contract saying he will sign a contract.

that means that there isnt any legal handcuffs surrounding joey at the moment which in theory means he could change his mind and stay at leicester.

hmmm wishful thinking

He's signed a pre-contract, so he's as good as gone.

What it boils down to is that we can't offer him a long contract, an improved financial package, top-flight football or European football. We can't even tell him who his manager would be next year. AZ can. :(

We can however, offer him a shirt with his own name on the back for just £15. :thumbup:

And I don't think we could afford the sort of contract that he would be interested in. Plus the signing on fee he would want. I think if we could afford him, the club would have offered him a contract and he would have stayed. As it was, we didn't even know which division we would be playing in next year, so the club decided not to offer him a contract. He has won me over recently, but I still think he is managed very well and very much a proffessional - trying to get as much money as he possibly can. Is this his 2nd or 3rd free transfer now, as free transfers comand higher wages/ signing on fees??

Tho this is true it is only a 'pre' contract agreement which means he hasnt actually signed a contract with az alkmaar just a contract saying he will sign a contract.

that means that there isnt any legal handcuffs surrounding joey at the moment which in theory means he could change his mind and stay at leicester.

Well if it's not legally binding why have both sides signed it? Sure there maybe some get out clauses but I doubt 'I think I'll stay at Leicester City' would be in there.

Well if it's not legally binding why have both sides signed it? Sure there maybe some get out clauses but I doubt 'I think I'll stay at Leicester City' would be in there.

Theres no clause theres no nothing, he's gone. END OF! ive never known a player sign a pre contract agrement and then not leave, it just doesn't happen.

Joey Gudjonnson has signed a 'pre' contract agreement with AZ Alkmaar that is true however.

A 'pre' contract agreement means he hasnt actually signed on legally with AZ Alkmaar.

This means that joey could change his mind and stay at leicester city but he would have to pay damages to AZ Alkmaar ie: legal costs of the pre contract, lawyers etc

so there is still hope that we could change joeys mind and make him stay at the club.

Joey Gudjonnson has signed a 'pre' contract agreement with AZ Alkmaar that is true however.

A 'pre' contract agreement means he hasnt actually signed on legally with AZ Alkmaar.

This means that joey could change his mind and stay at leicester city but he would have to pay damages to AZ Alkmaar ie: legal costs of the pre contract, lawyers etc

so there is still hope that we could change joeys mind and make him stay at the club.

I doubt that, if that was the case i'm sure there would have been a player who had signed a pre-contract and then backed out of it. That hasn't happen in the 10 years it's been in action so I doubt it.

Garbage, he's gone. Get over it :thumbup:

His new wage at City probably wouldn't cover the legal costs. :)

If money and career prospects are not on his agenda, then we've still got a hope of keeping him. :(

And any way says this is true, it doesn't change the fact that the club haven't offered him a deal, so they would need to change their minds as well. and they would have to beat AZ's wages and offer him a four year deal, as well as pay damages to AZ which would be astronomical im thinking. Your forgetting the reason Joey signed a AZ deal is beacuse a Leicester one wasn't put in front of him

On top of this bit of cheering is going to change Joeys mind he has a family to look after and a four year deal at a club with European football is what he needs. Changing his mind would cost him money time and effort. Whats the point?

and thats just ignoring the fact it's all leagally impossible.

hmmm wishful thinking

Firstly, he's got to make the side at AZ. And if he does manage that, then playing in front of 8000 is hardly exciting. This time next year there may well be regrets all round........

Garbage, he's gone. Get over it :thumbup:

im not a lawyer but my mums fiance is and this is his area of expertise and he has told me that there is a chance that he could back out of it .

im not implying he will but he has that option open to him

say for instance you worked for a company and another company wanted you to work for them and you wanted to work for them too but the company you worked for wouldnt let you go for say 3 months. Then you would have to sign a pre contract agreement and in that time you changed your mind you are fully in your rights to do so.

But it is a long shot

im not a lawyer but my mums fiance is and this is his area of expertise and he has told me that there is a chance that he could back out of it .

im not implying he will but he has that option open to him

say for instance you worked for a company and another company wanted you to work for them and you wanted to work for them too but the company you worked for wouldnt let you go for say 3 months. Then you would have to sign a pre contract agreement and in that time you changed your mind you are fully in your rights to do so.

But it is a long shot

About as far as it is to the moon and back ;)

you may be correct but i am not implying he will do it just that that option is open to him

but why are you implying that, its not happened since pre contract agreements have been around, and ive given you a list of reasons why it wouldnt happen even if it was possible. Its a pointless statement as I'd say there is more chance of him signing for Mars FC then staying at Leicester. Joey doesn't want the option Leicester dont want the option AZ dont want the option, UEFA and the FA would go mad if it happened. So he really doesn't have the option.

but why are you implying that, its not happened since pre contract agreements have been around, and ive given you a list of reasons why it wouldnt happen even if it was possible. Its a pointless statement as I'd say there is more chance of him signing for Mars FC then staying at Leicester. Joey doesn't want the option Leicester dont want the option AZ dont want the option, UEFA and the FA would go mad if it happened. So he really doesn't have the option.

But if we hadnt of had this discussion and he had of changed his mind wouldnt you have been curious how he did it ?

I am just telling you how it is possible

But if we hadnt of had this discussion and he had of changed his mind wouldnt you have been curious how he did it ?

Of course it is possible!!! Walcott broke his pre-contract agreement at Southampton to join Arsenal.

:banghead: Well obviously it would be possible if the compo claim AZ would land on us wouldnt send us Bankrupt. We all know this because of the Jenson Button incident.

Its also possible he could marry a Kangeroo in a state of confusion , and have a litter of little "Joeys". Its just pointless suggesting he might, Comprende?

:banghead: Well obviously it would be possible if the compo claim AZ would land on us wouldnt send us Bankrupt. We all know this because of the Jenson Button incident.

I think youll find formula 1 contracts are alot different to football contracts

the difference was jenson had actually signed for williams and hadnt signed a pre contract

plus leicester wouldnt have to pay compo to az as the move was orchestrated by joey himself not leicester

Of course it is possible!!! Walcott broke his pre-contract agreement at Southampton to join Arsenal.

Completly different, in the eye's of the law he is not able to sign a professional contract, so his pre-contract would not hold any weight in a court. Also Southampton were well compensated for this, much more than they would have got through a tribunal.

Archived