Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

maybe...

Completly different, in the eye's of the law he is not able to sign a professional contract, so his pre-contract would not hold any weight in a court. Also Southampton were well compensated for this, much more than they would have got through a tribunal.

So what is the point in a pre-contract if either party could go back on it? surely a handshake would do.

We should have sorted all this before the transfer window. We had enough time to think about it. And if we're not careful we'll have the same sort of scenario in the summer with so much infighting and internal politics the actual business of selling players and preparing a proper team for next season will get behind schedule. Joey's going and we should already be thinking about a replacement.

We should have sorted all this before the transfer window. We had enough time to think about it. And if we're not careful we'll have the same sort of scenario in the summer with so much infighting and internal politics the actual business of selling players and preparing a proper team for next season will get behind schedule. Joey's going and we should already be thinking about a replacement.

Wesolowski!!!

I doubt that, if that was the case i'm sure there would have been a player who had signed a pre-contract and then backed out of it. That hasn't happen in the 10 years it's been in action so I doubt it.

is it possible for it to happen but it would require the player to pay compo to the club as he has already agreed to join them when his contract ends. its the same thing as jenson button did, he pre agreed to join Williams i think but decided durning the season that he would rather stay at his current team and in order for him to do so he had to pay his full contract that he would of had at williams. personally i cant see joey paying up a million or so (4 yr contract @ about 5 g a week) of his own money so he can stay and play in the second flight of english football instead of playing in the pot smoking fields of love and possible UEFA cup, i know what i would choose, take the money and get as far away from leicester as possible!

soz manual only just read this page, thought it was only 1, just repeated wot u said

he was on a YTS contract same as chambers is, he has agreed to sign professional forms when he is 17 but until then he can walk if the other club agrees a compo package, either with or without a tribunal

Precisely. That was what I was indicating earlier.

It isn't the same situation that joey is in though, although i'm sure Joey could get out of his contract if he wanted too, it would be significantly more messy than what Walcotts was.

Walcott was signed a contract saying he will sign a contract when leagally allowed, which would never be allowed if challanged in court.

So what is the point in a pre-contract if either party could go back on it? surely a handshake would do.

If somebody signs a pre-contract and then goes back on it, the other (innocent) party will be entitled to damages for breach of contract. A simple handshake does not give the other side any claim to damages as of right, because no contract (pre-contract) has been signed. Thus the logic for having a pre-contract.

If somebody signs a pre-contract and then goes back on it, the other (innocent) party will be entitled to damages for breach of contract. A simple handshake does not give the other side any claim to damages as of right, because no contract (pre-contract) has been signed. Thus the logic for having a pre-contract.

I thought a verbal contract (ie one sealed with a handshake) carries pretty much the same weight in law as a written contract. It's just that a written contract provides evidence of what was agreed.

This site makes me cringe and laugh in despair at the same time.

The thing that everybody seems to be forgeting here is Gudjonsson and his family want to move back to Holland. So no amount of singing and cheering ( <_< lol) is going to make a difference even if it could.

Face facts he doesn't want to be here, however he is a professional and will give his all until the final game, that is the kind of guy he is. Also breaking a pre-contract would cost him untold thousands and sanctions/suspensions from various footballing bodies.

This site makes me cringe and laugh in despair at the same time.

The thing that everybody seems to be forgeting here is Gudjonsson and his family want to move back to Holland. So no amount of singing and cheering ( <_< lol) is going to make a difference even if it could.

Face facts he doesn't want to be here, however he is a professional and will give his all until the final game, that is the kind of guy he is. Also breaking a pre-contract would cost him untold thousands and sanctions/suspensions from various footballing bodies.

Finally some sense,

Its not hard to think through reason, and reflect on what your saying, and then work out if it is actually possible. It would not suprise me if some people on this board thought Tupac and Elvis ( Presley not Hammond ) are still alive on a secret Island somewhere, the SAS Killed princess Di on the orders of the queen, and that Simon Cowell interviews every single pop Idol contestent.

Stupid

I know that Anish! The trouble with these bloody threads is that people pick up half of what someone says and half of what someone else says. For the record, all I was saying is that it is possible to get out of a pre-contract albeit with compensation. A pre-contract is not set in stone. Hence Walcott breaking his at Southampton. I think you probably misunderstood my sarcastic post to Fox4eva.

He's already signed pre-contract agreements with another team, as has Williams.

williams is under contract for another year and so cant sign a pre-contract without breaching his contract and being liable to be sued by the club and possibly banned for the remainder of his contract here

After the Sheff Wed game at Hillsborough, a couple of fans decided to give him some abuse after the game, to which he opened up and showed his real self. He doesn't care about the club, the sooner we get rid the better.

were you there?

also did he say this to the fans or barber?

He's signed a pre-contract, so he's as good as gone.

What it boils down to is that we can't offer him a long contract, an improved financial package, top-flight football or European football. We can't even tell him who his manager would be next year. AZ can. :(

We can however, offer him a shirt with his own name on the back for just £15. :thumbup:

:D :laugh:

Archived