Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

The Newell Rumour

As well as Kelly is doing it would be suicide to offer a three year contract. Far too long at this stage.

Absolutly :thumbup: , one year rolling contract, keep him on his toe's. Let's not make the same mistake's as we did with Levein.

As well as Kelly is doing it would be suicide to offer a three year contract. Far too long at this stage.

I was just throwing numbers around :thumbup:

3 years is a bit on the longer side - but stranger things have happened.

It said in The Sun on monday that Leicester were set to offer Kelly a 2 year contract on 150k blus bonuses a year.

I wouldn't argue with a 2 year contract for him. If he gets it, the most critical period will be the month before the season, and the first 6 or so games. He's got a lot of work to do at the end of the season, with many players heading for the exit - the squad could look very different. It'd be interesting to see what he does in the transfer market, and if he gives any of the up and coming reserve players some of you rave so much about ;)

I was just throwing numbers around :thumbup:

3 years is a bit on the longer side - but stranger things have happened.

I wouldn't argue with a 2 year contract for him. If he gets it, the most critical period will be the month before the season, and the first 6 or so games. He's got a lot of work to do at the end of the season, with many players heading for the exit - the squad could look very different. It'd be interesting to see what he does in the transfer market, and if he gives any of the up and coming reserve players some of you rave so much about ;)

Brevett for left back :):):):):):):)

A MUST SING SONG FOR ANY ONE GOING TO LUTON!

" We don't want Mike Newell, We don't want Mike Newell "

Newell is a big hero down Luton way and rightly so, hes done a great job on a tiny budget-something that caught the city boards eye.

i would still have him at the way, as long as the compensation isn't beyond us.

but i think we should wind up the Luton fans by singing he wants to come to Leicester :devil:

Newell is a big hero down Luton way and rightly so, hes done a great job on a tiny budget-something that caught the city boards eye.

i would still have him at the way, as long as the compensation isn't beyond us.

but i think we should wind up the Luton fans by singing he wants to come to Leicester :devil:

If it aint bust don't fix it. What the fook has Kelly done wrong?

Do not verbally attack Newell tomorrow. If Kelly's fortunes take a downturn and we only just stay up we may well want to go back for Newell. He's still a good manager but he wouldn't forget a poor reception from the fans of his prospective employer.

It's a sensible insurance policy just in case Kelly doesn't want the job long term or things go down hill. ;)

I think this story's been released in the wrong order. Tabloid Cock-up - the usual format is: manager threatens to quit, and the next day he's linked with another position. These guys have got it totally wrong. :P

It all seems a bit convenient really. Right before the two teams meet, there's a rumour that Newell's being lined up to take the Leicester job, and the next day some apparent cause for him to want out - a lack of investment at Luton.

Is Newell turning the screw on everyone (again)?

If money is his concern, he won't be coming here because we've only got about 5 quid to spend on new players. lol:P

The Daily Star is adding two and two....

But are they getting four? Tune in next season to find out :thumbup:

Leicester caretaker boss Rob Kelly is set be handed the job full time. (Daily Star)

You guessed it, my favorite source - BBC Sport | Football | Gossip Column (Monday)

I am actually quite amazed at the number of mentions we've recieved in the past week. I would have thought the rumours might have died down a bit until the last week or two of the season, but I guess those pesky journalists are still trying to stimulate discussion. And it's working, because I keep posting all about it :thumbup:lol

I'm thinking this could be based on fan reaction to Kelly's reign - I think it's fair to say that, at present, the majority of fans are broadly in favour of Kelly continuing in the position, and that's probably half the basis of the Star's take on the situation.

The rumours are beginning to fly. It's exciting, even if they're mostly baseless, idle speculation. :P

I've just noticed something...

Happy first month as manager proper, Rob! :thumbup:

Newell does not give the impression that he is that bothered - obviously there are few signs that he can give, but he does come across as quite cold. RK has done a great job, is an honest open coach and definitely deserves the chance over Newell. Whether he can steer us to promotion is perhaps a gamble but no more or less than with any other guy. The spirit seems excellent - they're happy when they score and are very together. Another point - I've read that we were a bit fortunate and it wasn't a brilliant game , but surely that's a good sign? Better than playing well and getting nothing - if we can win when we are mediocre imagine what can happen when we are on form?

Rob Kelly's blueandwhitearmy

Archived