Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc true blue josh 18

in the summer

A few suggestions in positions that I think are absolute musts. A few young affordable players from the lower leagues.

GK - Joe Hart (Shrewsbury)

Left back - Sam Ricketts (Swansea).

Left wing - Gary Roberts (Accrington Stanley)

Right wing - Chris Eagles (Man Utd - loan)?

Only made 5 starts this season????? Injured???

Yeah out quite a bit this season. Played probaley 50% of games last season looked very good the four or five times ive seen him, quite a bit of talk about him up there when I used to live there. Bit of a gamble and there are better players out there I could name, I'll jump on the Vaughen bandwagon straighaway for example. Im just working off the fact that A) He's at least average championship @ the min B) He's young C) apparently were strapped for cash, and I think if your after a bargain Ahmed is IMO the best option mentioned so far.

However Rory Falon is the next best thing and we can't afford Matty Fryatt so pay no attention to me :D

We should definately look at Ricketts from Swansea. Also Le Fondre at Stockport has been getting some rave reviews.

The only problem with Ricketts is that he's more of an established right back now and we evidently don't need one of them. He can play at left back but he's made his name at Swansea at right back according to their Official Site.

Le Fondre looks decent, got a good scoring rate and might be worth the gamble. Still young, sounds like another Fryatt.

The more I think about about it the more I think Mark Jones from Wrexham has got to be a target in the summer. He's a ready made replacement for Gudjonsson and has scored 13 goals in 30 odd games this season.

A few suggestions in positions that I think are absolute musts. A few young affordable players from the lower leagues.

GK - Joe Hart (Shrewsbury)

Left back - Sam Ricketts (Swansea).

Left wing - Gary Roberts (Accrington Stanley)

Right wing - Chris Eagles (Man Utd - loan)?

Suppouse to be extremly good up and coming goalkeeper one of the best in the lower leagues apparently. Would like to see it. Don't see Kelly going for it though :rolleyes:

Eagles will be back at Watford if they get promoted I would think.

Suppouse to be extremly good up and coming goalkeeper one of the best in the lower leagues apparently. Would like to see it. Don't see Kelly going for it though :rolleyes:

Eagles will be back at Watford if they get promoted I would think.

If we need a new goalie, I hear Richard Wright is being given the boot from Everton. Any takers?

Hart has been hyped up alot, much like Rudge who's ended up at Everton. It pisses me off when premeirship clubs snap them up and then don't play them for years or sometimes never at all. He'll fetch over a million and sit in the reserves for someone like Man City or Tottenham, but could be an option on loan if that happens.

Richard Knopper? I think he would come to the championship now. 28 so not over the hill. Anthoer one of endless possabilties really, I dont think its the name, but more the type of player and wheather we think kelly has the money/business sense to bring in a decent signing we should be focusing on espically at this stage.

Richard Knopper? I think he would come to the championship now. 28 so not over the hill. Anthoer one of endless possabilties really, I dont think its the name, but more the type of player and wheather we think kelly has the money/business sense to bring in a decent signing we should be focusing on espically at this stage.

Where's he at these days? Never really excelled when he broke through at Ajax.

What about Charlie Miller? Meant to be doing really well out in Norway but his contract is up this summer I think? Just turned 30, too old for us?

I would have a look at Nick Ward again out in Oz. I heard that Kelly was going out to Oz in the summer to watch him again as he was ill when he came over for the trial and it ruled him out of a reserve match he was due to play.

Where's he at these days? Never really excelled when he broke through at Ajax.

What about Charlie Miller? Meant to be doing really well out in Norway but his contract is up this summer I think? Just turned 30, too old for us?

I would have a look at Nick Ward again out in Oz. I heard that Kelly was going out to Oz in the summer to watch him again as he was ill when he came over for the trial and it ruled him out of a reserve match he was due to play.

Knopper's at Vitesse. He had a blistering season at Herenven couple of years back after leaving Ajax.

Nick wards a good shout. Although amongst this speculation I justt remebered we dont even know if Kelly is going to be our manager :whistle: .

Does anyone know who this midfielder we have got from Man City? I heard he turned out for the reserves last week. :dunno:

Tuomas Haapala? .. Kelly decided he wasn't worth bringing in on loan, so nothing came out of it.

That was only because he got injured, Kelly actually wanted to bring him in on loan until the summer.

I don't know how serious Haapala's injury was. He finished the match as I recall and didn't do anything greatly amiss. He just didn't have any impact and looked about Conference standard. I'm not sure Kelly wasn't simply being kind in saying thanks but no thanks.

Whatever the truth he was totally outclassed on the day by Levi Porter who ran midfield as far as City were concerned.

I'm convinced Wesolowski's breakthrough has given him incentive. Both are small players and I felt Porter was too easily shaken off the ball in the past but this aspect seems to be improving now and there is no doubt about his involvement, his skill, his ability to pass or his engine.

I don't know how serious Haapala's injury was. He finished the match as I recall and didn't do anything greatly amiss. He just didn't have any impact and looked about Conference standard. I'm not sure Kelly wasn't simply being kind in saying thanks but no thanks.

Whatever the truth he was totally outclassed on the day by Levi Porter who ran midfield as far as City were concerned.

I'm convinced Wesolowski's breakthrough has given him incentive. Both are small players and I felt Porter was too easily shaken off the ball in the past but this aspect seems to be improving now and there is no doubt about his involvement, his skill, his ability to pass or his engine.

Porter has impressed mice since he has moved to central midfield and I hope he gets either a chance next season here or on loan somewhere. Whether he'll be a better central midfielder than winger i'm not sure, he's always had pace and skill but recently he has looked to be more aggresive and seems strong and composed on the ball. With his attacking instincts and new found ability to play in the centre could he be a potential replacement for Joey? Alongside Wesolowski we would have a very small and inexperienced midfield but it could work. I'd try it out in pre-season if we struggle to find anyone good enough to replace Joey. I'd rather bring through an academy player and then use the money elsewhere than panic buy and get the wrong player.

Porter has impressed mice since he has moved to central midfield and I hope he gets either a chance next season here or on loan somewhere. Whether he'll be a better central midfielder than winger i'm not sure, he's always had pace and skill but recently he has looked to be more aggresive and seems strong and composed on the ball. With his attacking instincts and new found ability to play in the centre could he be a potential replacement for Joey? Alongside Wesolowski we would have a very small and inexperienced midfield but it could work. I'd try it out in pre-season if we struggle to find anyone good enough to replace Joey. I'd rather bring through an academy player and then use the money elsewhere than panic buy and get the wrong player.

Well for one am quite pleased that mice are impressed!!

Do you know something we don't Rick?? Mickey Mouse to be given the managers position??

:)

Archived