Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc true blue josh 18

in the summer

when the pre season is upon us, what areas of the field should we improve, personally i would like us to bring in another keeper, another right mid, and maybe a new striker (if colchester dont come up then chris iwelumo) :D and of course a central midfielder.

i hope neil lennon comes i know it is a long shot but i think he could still do a job at championship level.

as for a striker how bout kenny deucher from gretna we could start him in the ressies and see how he performs ?

i hope neil lennon comes i know it is a long shot but i think he could still do a job at championship level.

as for a striker how bout kenny deucher from gretna we could start him in the ressies and see how he performs ?

good idea, lets sign a docter who scores goals for Gretna. :rolleyes:

good idea, lets sign a docter who scores goals for Gretna. :rolleyes:

I know someone who is his mate and he states that he knows he could play at a MUCH higher level but prefers Doctorin' ..... christ what a position to be able to choose to be a pro footballer and not bother!

I think we need a new left back, 2 new wide midfielders and a central midfielder. Once we've got them in we can then look at strengthening other areas if we have any funds left.

Just to throw some names in to the equation from lower leagues that i'd like to see us sign.

Mark Jones from Wrexham - Welsh international midfielder, scored 12 goals for them this season, only 22.

David Vaughan from Crewe - Welsh international left sided midfielder, very talented and tenacious aswell the sort of player we need.

Luke Wiltshire from Bristol City - Australian international right winger, far too good for league one.

That's just for starters, i'll be compiling a list of lower league players nearer the time who are all capable of playing at a higher level.

i think we definatly need a quality goalkeeper, 1 thing u can always say about leicester- weve had decent keepers. til this season anyway. ne suggestions?

whats peggy arphexad upto these days? :P

How many goals have we conceded that have been a direct mistake from our goalies though? Not many that I can recall.

Sod the new keepers - we've got three OK ones.

In defence, he'll have to work with what he's got, I assume.

We want a couple more quality midfielders. How the hell we get those I don't know. Let's get rid of Sylla, Hamill and Tiatto - that creates some space. A couple of new faces to add to Hughes, Wesolowski and (grumble, complain etc) Williams will do. Keep Morris on a pay-if-you-play/non-contract basis and review at Xmas.

I agree with what a few have said already - a decent player should be adaptable. Hughes can play across the midfield, so let's look for more (fully-fit) Stephen Hughes's.

Strikers: MDV going? Hammond doesn't score enough? Dodds and Chambers not ready? We could probably do with one more to join MF, IH and O'G. A loan player might be acceptable?

Well,seeing as Im not confident that both out front two will remain, I think we'll have to look for a new striker - MDV, Hammond and Ogrady are not consistant goal scorers (although ogrady might turn out to be with a bit of a run in the team).Therefore I think we'll have to buy a striker as the board are not in a position to turn down decent offers for key players.

Anyone think that Karl Hawley of carlise could be any good? 21 goals this season?Or Billy Sharp of s****horpe?20 years old and 20goals this term?Or a winger like Chris Shuker of Barnsley (21 and 9 assists and 9 goals - kevin keagan promoted him from the Manc C academy then sold him - Paul Hart has a good record tho with youngsters). Perhaps might be in for these? They all fit the bill of young, talented and enthusiastic, Hawley has 1 year left and shuker is out of contract at the end of this season i think.

I think we need a new left back, 2 new wide midfielders and a central midfielder. Once we've got them in we can then look at strengthening other areas if we have any funds left.

Just to throw some names in to the equation from lower leagues that i'd like to see us sign.

Mark Jones from Wrexham - Welsh international midfielder, scored 12 goals for them this season, only 22.

David Vaughan from Crewe - Welsh international left sided midfielder, very talented and tenacious aswell the sort of player we need.

Luke Wiltshire from Bristol City - Australian international right winger, far too good for league one.

That's just for starters, i'll be compiling a list of lower league players nearer the time who are all capable of playing at a higher level.

Scored again at the weekend.

My attention was drawn to 21-year-old postman Peter Thompson of Linfield in Northern Ireland who's now scored 40 goals in 50 games for the Irish League leaders. Gretna were raving about him and he was the subject of a bid by QPR during the transfer window. He looks a bit like Humey from his photo! I know the Irish League is not the Premiership but a goals record like that from a part-timer is some achievement and QPR were obviously impressed with what they saw. Whether Leicester have already looked at him I don't know but I did contact TD about him early this year just in case they fancied following it up.

My attention was drawn to 21-year-old postman Peter Thompson of Linfield in Northern Ireland who's now scored 40 goals in 50 games for the Irish League leaders. Gretna were raving about him and he was the subject of a bid by QPR during the transfer window. He looks a bit like Humey from his photo! I know the Irish League is not the Premiership but a goals record like that from a part-timer is some achievement and QPR were obviously impressed with what they saw. Whether Leicester have already looked at him I don't know but I did contact TD about him early this year just in case they fancied following it up.

I posted about him a few months ago. He is definately worth a look at, also made his Northern Ireland debut recently aswell.

Does anyone know if we are still interested in that Grant McCann from Cheltenham? spoke too a cheltenham fan a few weeks back and he reckons he is a fantastic little player, that is as comfortable on the left wing as he is the centre of the park, that the sort of Versatility could be an invaluable asset next year :thumbup:

Does anyone know if we are still interested in that Grant McCann from Cheltenham? spoke too a cheltenham fan a few weeks back and he reckons he is a fantastic little player, that is as comfortable on the left wing as he is the centre of the park, that the sort of Versatility could be an invaluable asset next year :thumbup:

It was Levein who was looking at him, but Kelly might have him on his wish list. The one player who we definately need to get in the summer is McAuley from Lincoln, he's on a bosman and would be perfect as cover for left back/centre back.

It was Levein who was looking at him, but Kelly might have him on his wish list. The one player who we definately need to get in the summer is McAuley from Lincoln, he's on a bosman and would be perfect as cover for left back/centre back.

Yeah but to be fair Kelly was involved in pretty much all the signings made in this country, i would be suprised if he wasn't in this one. What do think to him as a player though? He is having a really good season.

Yes there are a few clubs intrested in McAuley but i think we could easily be the best option, what with location, potential and all that.

I think we just need a new Joey. Our youngsters are valuable cover for the first team and hopefully Weso will be all sorted and Morris might be ok aswell. Get rid of Tiatto (soz Danny) and splash out on someone decent instead of buying a load of tat for cheap.

With our side being quite young i'd expect some interest from the relegated Premiership teams as well as some interest from the promoted Championship ones. Kelly has proven he is a good pitch Manager, we'll just have to see how well he performs in the Transfer Market.

I think we just need a new Joey. Our youngsters are valuable cover for the first team and hopefully Weso will be all sorted and Morris might be ok aswell. Get rid of Tiatto (soz Danny) and splash out on someone decent instead of buying a load of tat for cheap.

With our side being quite young i'd expect some interest from the relegated Premiership teams as well as some interest from the promoted Championship ones. Kelly has proven he is a good pitch Manager, we'll just have to see how well he performs in the Transfer Market.

Not sure he is going to have a great deal of money avaliable though mate

Archived