Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

The Streets New Album

The first two albums were brilliant, but I always felt that it was going to be hard for The Streets to keep producing unique and quality music.

I still listen to both previous albums regularly and both have a longetivity about them as in it's hard to get bored of them, so i'll just stick to those two if the new one is crap.

Weak Become Heroes and Blinded By The Lights are inspiring.

Just borrow it and see what you think, i'd hang back on forking out 10 squid.

I think the new albums ace

battle of the sexes(CLASS)

hotel expressionism

all goes out the window

cant con an honest jon(genius)

Pranging out

Never went to church

there all good

listen to it and make your own minds up its a matter of taste

The hardest way to make an easy living.

I've heard;

"When You Wasn't Famous" (Which I like)

"Pranging Out" (I'm unsure on)

"Never Went To Church" (Which I really like)

Yeah, I like the Church one. Dont think it will be a single but you never know with them ay.

Yeah, I like the Church one. Dont think it will be a single but you never know with them ay.

Mike Skinner was on Zane Lowe on Monday I think and he Zane was saying "Is it abit to personal for you to release as a single?" and Mike Skinner said "Nah, might as well cash in on it"

lol it was a joke but at the same time did he mean it?

Did anyone read that interview with him in the last Saturday's sun? I think from what i can remember "Never wen to church" was something to do with his dad.

Also did anyone just catch them on channel 4??

I've listened to the album and although its not a patch on the first two , It's deffo not rubbish.

I had gone off the Streets but Im starting to get back into them :)

Did anyone read that interview with him in the last Saturday's sun? I think from what i can remember "Never wen to church" was something to do with his dad.

Also did anyone just catch them on channel 4??

Yeah saw them on Channel 4 and Pressed Red on BBC interactive and theres a special 5 songs from the (Lets Push things forward, Dry Your Eyes, Never Went to Church, Fit But You Know It, and I can't remember the other one)

I really used to hate Mike Skinner, but I heard the second album and really got into them, although I like the second album I still had the opinion Mike Skinner was a twat but recently all the promo he seems to be doing i've started to like him, I havn't heard the first album, someone at work has it and says he'd burn it for me but that was ages ago so i'll try and borrow it tommorrow I think.

I'd like to see The Streets live, i'd imagine it'd be a good gig, On BBC Interactive "Fit But You Know It" is REALLY good, love it.

Listening to A Grand Don't Come For Free now.

Yeah saw them on Channel 4 and Pressed Red on BBC interactive and theres a special 5 songs from the (Lets Push things forward, Dry Your Eyes, Never Went to Church, Fit But You Know It, and I can't remember the other one)

I really used to hate Mike Skinner, but I heard the second album and really got into them, although I like the second album I still had the opinion Mike Skinner was a twat but recently all the promo he seems to be doing i've started to like him, I havn't heard the first album, someone at work has it and says he'd burn it for me but that was ages ago so i'll try and borrow it tommorrow I think.

I'd like to see The Streets live, i'd imagine it'd be a good gig, On BBC Interactive "Fit But You Know It" is REALLY good, love it.

Listening to A Grand Don't Come For Free now.

The first album is superb, the best out of the 3 IMO. Not sure whether it will have the same effect for you after hearing the other 2 first but when Original Pirate Material came out it was completely unique and still is. That album also coincided with an amazing summer and I relate it to that which also means I will always class that album as inspiring.

The first album is superb, the best out of the 3 IMO. Not sure whether it will have the same effect for you after hearing the other 2 first but when Original Pirate Material came out it was completely unique and still is. That album also coincided with an amazing summer and I relate it to that which also means I will always class that album as inspiring.

Mad little events happen things map out and a few blue maddens alight the toilets!

• 1 month later...

Saw the Streets live a couple of weeks ago, twere awesome.

Especially when they merged Don't Mug Yourself into I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor by the Artic Monkeys.

How's about that for a slice of fried gold?

' date='May 27 2006, 09:23 AM' post='322899']

Saw the Streets live a couple of weeks ago, twere awesome.

Especially when they merged Don't Mug Yourself into I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor by the Artic Monkeys.

How's about that for a slice of fried gold?

Used to hate The Streets and thought Mike Skinner was a right twat but then I finally gave them a proper listen and I now love The Streets. Don't Mug Yourself/I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor sounds like it'd be an awesome mix!

Finally got hold of it!!

I like all of the songs!!

My favourite is "All goes out the window" followed by "Never went to Church"

I :wub: Never Went To Church.

Had it about 2 weeks now, not Brilliant but definetly is a grower, Its just starting to grow on me, But when I first bought A Grand Don't Come For Free I thought that was abit shit but it grew on me and now its just amazing!

I like;

Pranging Out

Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living

All Goes Out The Window

Never Went To Church

Hotel Expressionism (Not so much like but quite funny)

Archived