Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

The Streets New Album

Really?

I'm quite looking forward to it....

(However i've only head the current single from it)

Is it out? I thought it was next week...

I have it and the new snow partol album. They aren't out yet though.

The best streets album was the last one, I have both, Original Pirate Material was very raw but still a good effort. I liked the last one because of the 'story' element to it. Disappointed to hear the new one is shite though.

The Streets will always have its critics because it is different. But they are better than most british urban artists.

I liked the other two though!!!!! I just feel it's a real let down. It still has the catchy little hooks, I just didn't find myself relating to what he was saying. Which was half the appeal of the previous albums.

I don't like The Streets but I admire them for being unique, however I heard their new song on Sunday and I was in shock at how bad it was...is this guy taking the piss? At least his other songs had hints of ryhtm and melody but this new one is a disgrace to be called 'music'

I've gone off The Streets alot recently , A Grand Dont Come for Free and Orginal Pirate Material were absoloute gold. But When you was'nt famous is frankly...wank ;)

I don't like The Streets but I admire them for being unique, however I heard their new song on Sunday and I was in shock at how bad it was...is this guy taking the piss? At least his other songs had hints of ryhtm and melody but this new one is a disgrace to be called 'music'

Agreed I think he's deliberately pushing the boundaries of what people will play and his musicianship is suffering as a result. If you listen to the class of blinded by the lights and then his new song it's embarassing to think it's the same artist responsible for both.

Still anyone know who's he singing about in his new song? :ph34r:

The best streets album was the last one, I have both, Original Pirate Material was very raw but still a good effort. I liked the last one because of the 'story' element to it. Disappointed to hear the new one is shite though.

Thta's only in other people's opinions Kat, you never no, you may love the new album.

I'm preserving all judgement 'til i've heard it all.

Thta's only in other people's opinions Kat, you never no, you may love the new album.

I'm preserving all judgement 'til i've heard it all.

Yeah I thought that after id wrote it but the general concensus is that the first two cds were cracking (and they were) but then Babylon et al are saying the new album/single is shite (I quite like it :ph34r: but im sure it will get on my nancy eventually though) maybe people are expecting too much, afterall most artists seem to struggle with that 'difficult 3rd album'

Yeah I thought that after id wrote it but the general concensus is that the first two cds were cracking (and they were) but then Babylon et al are saying the new album/single is shite (I quite like it :ph34r: but im sure it will get on my nancy eventually though) maybe people are expecting too much, afterall most artists seem to struggle with that 'difficult 3rd album'

Well if you'd like to hear some of it I can email it to you when I get home tonight???

I actually think the new single is ok, just not the whole album. The others took a fair few plays to be honest so this may grow on me.

Well if you'd like to hear some of it I can email it to you when I get home tonight???

I actually think the new single is ok, just not the whole album. The others took a fair few plays to be honest so this may grow on me.

Thanks Babs that would be great. :thumbup:

The first two albums were brilliant, but I always felt that it was going to be hard for The Streets to keep producing unique and quality music.

I still listen to both previous albums regularly and both have a longetivity about them as in it's hard to get bored of them, so i'll just stick to those two if the new one is crap.

Weak Become Heroes and Blinded By The Lights are inspiring.

Archived