Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsam1

o'grady

having seen hem make numerous sub apperances hes looks a very good player id love to see him play a full game, hes played well enough when comming on to deserve it

what do you think? :thumbup:

I agree, but neither Hume or Fryatt deserve to be dropped at present.

4-3-3????

with hume, fryatt and ogrady upfront weve got nothing to lose!!!

super super chris , super chris, super super chris, super chris ogrady

So who are we dropping in the midfield? wouldn't that make us a bit narrow? Seeing as none of the above are brilliant at getting down the flanks.

So who are we dropping in the midfield? wouldn't that make us a bit narrow? Seeing as none of the above are brilliant at getting down the flanks.

I think O'Grady and Hume are both capable of providing us with better service from the flanks than Hughes or Maybury can.

I have wanted to see O'Grady on the wing for a while now, i'm not saying he'd be amazing but it does intrigue me to see whether he'd offer us something that both Maybury and Hughes don't. That's being able to beat a man, put crosses in and provide support for the strikers.

O'Grady can cross a ball, i've seen him do it regularly for the reserves and the Rushden fans also commented on how impressive he was when he played on the wing for them.

He has done fairly well in the little time he has been on the pitch in the first team, scoring a goal and should have had a definate peno against leeds.

However i dont think he should start in the first team, not yet anyway.

No way would i take out Fryatt or Hume and quite frankly i would put Hammond ahead of O'Grady.

Would be intresting to see him on the Right wing though like above suggested.

:thumbup:

He has done fairly well in the little time he has been on the pitch in the first team, scoring a goal and should have had a definate peno against leeds.

However i dont think he should start in the first team, not yet anyway.

No way would i take out Fryatt or Hume and quite frankly i would put Hammond ahead of O'Grady.

Would be intresting to see him on the Right wing though like above suggested.

:thumbup:

Please explain that to me.

Please explain that to me.

Why, could you not read it?

I would prefer Hammond ahead of O'Grady.

Hammond has more pace and looks more convincing on the ball, he lacks power in his shot but thats about all.

Plus his name is Elvis :P how can you not play a guy with the name Elvis? I think he's okay come on we were all shouting to play him with hume before Fryatt turned up. and if you play Elvis we still have the two 'small' pace men which is what causes the problems in this league RAW PACE

Why, could you not read it?

I would prefer Hammond ahead of O'Grady.

Hammond has more pace and looks more convincing on the ball, he lacks power in his shot but thats about all.

I could read it but I wanted you to explain why you thought Elvis was better than O'Grady. I disagree but I do hope that Elvis proves me wrong and finally becomes a success at Leicester.

After watching him numerous times this season he might have pace, but he hasn't got pace when on the ball something O'Grady possesses. Elvis cannot beat a man or move the ball quickly, give him 20 yards to make up on a defender though and Elvis will almost beat anyone to it. It's a shame that's not really relevant in football. His finishing is appalling aswell, which was again evident for the reserves last night.

I could read it but I wanted you to explain why you thought Elvis was better than O'Grady. I disagree but I do hope that Elvis proves me wrong and finally becomes a success at Leicester.

After watching him numerous times this season he might have pace, but he hasn't got pace when on the ball something O'Grady possesses. Elvis cannot beat a man or move the ball quickly, give him 20 yards to make up on a defender though and Elvis will almost beat anyone to it. It's a shame that's not really relevant in football. His finishing is appalling aswell, which was again evident for the reserves last night.

Fair enough..would be a boring place if we all agreed on the same things.

I just havent been convinced by O'Grady.

Hammond did look promising, his pace being the main thing that stands out and agree his shooting is woeful at times.

But under Kelly - - - - Who knows :smile:

Fair enough i do not watch reserves and i realise you do and therefor can offer the better view on this, however Hammond against Chelsea reserves he was on fire.

Without stating the obvious reserve football is hard to judge off anyway, its a big step up into the first team IMO.

I'm dissapointed Elvis hasn't featured a little more under Kelly.. although this is down to Hume/Fryatt being the best partnership we have had here for many years rather than Elvis himself.

As bad as his finishing is his raw pace frightens the hell out of defenders, he is a very useful impact man to bring on as players tire towards the end of a game.

I'm dissapointed Elvis hasn't featured a little more under Kelly.. although this is down to Hume/Fryatt being the best partnership we have had here for many years rather than Elvis himself.

As bad as his finishing is his raw pace frightens the hell out of defenders, he is a very useful impact man to bring on as players tire towards the end of a game.

I'm very disappointed in Elvis in general. My first thoughts on him when he came to Leicester were that he was a rough diamond and with abit of hard work and confidence he could be excellent at this level. Granted he's not had a sniff for months, but technically he's never going to be good enough. He's 25 and although thatt's not old by a long shot it's still an age where a player should have reached their potential by. Atleast with O'Grady he's managed to up the level of his game remarkably and perhaps he could continue to do that and get to a stage where he's a very good player?.

Both of them never look like they'll be prolific goalscorers but I do think O'Grady offers more to the team than Elvis because he's better at holding the ball up and a hell of alot better in the air and on the ball. Elvis running on to the ball is in a league of his own though, but we never really played to his strengths under Levein. Finishing he's atrocious though.

Fair enough..would be a boring place if we all agreed on the same things.

I just havent been convinced by O'Grady.

Hammond did look promising, his pace being the main thing that stands out and agree his shooting is woeful at times.

But under Kelly - - - - Who knows :smile:

Fair enough i do not watch reserves and i realise you do and therefor can offer the better view on this, however Hammond against Chelsea reserves he was on fire.

Without stating the obvious reserve football is hard to judge off anyway, its a big step up into the first team IMO.

Correct, but also it's often the case that the youngsters outshine the experienced players in the reserves because the motivation isn't there for the older players who no doubt think they should be playing for the first team. It's always been obvious that Stearman and Wesolowski were going to be first team class and there are one or two more in the academy that can join them aswell. Dodds included.

Correct, but also it's often the case that the youngsters outshine the experienced players in the reserves because the motivation isn't there for the older players who no doubt think they should be playing for the first team. It's always been obvious that Stearman and Wesolowski were going to be first team class and there are one or two more in the academy that can join them aswell. Dodds included.

Good point, very true

Something that Elvis does do better or maybe more than hume and fryatt is run the channels, he does that well which is just another way of attacking his a different player to Hume and Fryatt and O'Grady as well we have 4 Strikers all of which do different jobs, we just need to know that all 4 can play with eachother.

Last night was a good example. The reserves were theoretically reinforced with five first team squad members and lost 3-1. I'm glad I hadn't the slightest interest in atttending, having no desire to watch either failed first teamers or people out on a training exercise.

Last night was a good example. The reserves were theoretically reinforced with five first team squad members and lost 3-1. I'm glad I hadn't the slightest interest in atttending, having no desire to watch either failed first teamers or people out on a training exercise.

I have to admit though that I was one of the people who thought that it would help the youngsters more if they had a few older players in the reserves alongside them to give the opposition more of a match and for them to gain confidence in winning, etc. My point has been proven wrong as it hasn't helped at all, if anything all it's done is shown that some of these youngsters should be chosen ahead of the fringe first team players on merit.

If we were to play 3-4-1-2 I would have Hume in support and Matty & Chris up front. I reckon that'd be pretty decent. might leave is a bit exposed though.

as it proved agaisnt reading surly it would be better for Fryatt to be behindthe front two, if tht formation was to beplayed. fryatt has more ball skills than hume.

IMO Fryatt is better at running onto balls and Hume is better at holding up the ball and breaking up play. If you put Fryatt in the supporting position he wouldnt be able to make the harrying runs to put defenders under pressure that he is so good at.. All the same, I think O Grady in the team would give us bit more potency on the attack. So long as we can get a foot on the ball and keep our shape so we dont get caught on the break I think we'd be OK with 3 at the back.

as it proved agaisnt reading surly it would be better for Fryatt to be behindthe front two, if tht formation was to beplayed. fryatt has more ball skills than hume.

Fryatt is a natural finisher though and thrives on getting the ball in the box. Yes he can drop deep and dictate play, but that's because he's a very talented footballer. The team should be geared up for giving the ball to Fryatt as much as possible inside or around the box so that he can get as many shots in on goal as possible.

He's done very well so far at Leicester but the goals have dried up for him recently and we must play to his strengths, which we are doing but we could do better. Hume and Fryatt look exceptional together but it's the players around them that nmeed to get better, the lack of width is a problem, it means that everything comes through the middle often from balls through the channels. This has proved a certain success but could make us one dimensional and we could get figured out, it also means that which ever striker gets played through, they often get dragged out of position and away from the box usually Fryatt.

Fryatt is a natural finisher though and thrives on getting the ball in the box. Yes he can drop deep and dictate play, but that's because he's a very talented footballer. The team should be geared up for giving the ball to Fryatt as much as possible inside or around the box so that he can get as many shots in on goal as possible.

He's done very well so far at Leicester but the goals have dried up for him recently and we must play to his strengths, which we are doing but we could do better. Hume and Fryatt look exceptional together but it's the players around them that nmeed to get better, the lack of width is a problem, it means that everything comes through the middle often from balls through the channels. This has proved a certain success but could make us one dimensional and we could get figured out, it also means that which ever striker gets played through, they often get dragged out of position and away from the box usually Fryatt.

Agreed. We have lacked true width since the days of Guppy. I'd like to see us playing 3-5-2 again but in all honesty I cant see it happening. Maybe when Wes comes back we could play 3 in Centre mid avec wing backs... maybe O Grady could play the holding midfield role... as he is VERY good at getting his foot on the ball and making space. His passing abilities are still relatively unproven though.

Agreed. We have lacked true width since the days of Guppy. I'd like to see us playing 3-5-2 again but in all honesty I cant see it happening. Maybe when Wes comes back we could play 3 in Centre mid avec wing backs... maybe O Grady could play the holding midfield role... as he is VERY good at getting his foot on the ball and making space. His passing abilities are still relatively unproven though.

Just one wide player would give us something different. Welsh plays very similar to Guppy from what i've seen and his crosses could give us another avenue to score from, Fryatt is desperate for a flurry of goals and we rarely get crosses in for him. He scored quite a few from crosses at Walsall so i've been told.

Archived