Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

New Chairman

This has been talked about elsewhere but deserves it's own thread.

Announcement of new chairman (posted on Kelly thread): http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~816204,00.html

Chairman's Plan For Sustainable Success

ANDREW Taylor today (Friday) spoke of a great sense of pride and a determination to bring sustainable success to Leicester City.

The Foxes' chairman officially starts his new role as successor to Jim McCahill on June 1.

And today he and Mr McCahill will be on hand to unveil new manager Rob Kelly at a Walkers Stadium press conference.

Taylor, former Chairman and Chief Executive of McDonald's UK, is a Foxes season ticket holder who has joined the consortium of investors.

"It is with a great sense of pride I accepted the position. I feel very honoured and also very humble," said Taylor.

"The job brings with it many responsibilities and as a supporter of the club for 30 years I will discharge those responsibilities to the very best of my abilities."

Taylor is delighted the club have secured the services of Kelly as manager.

And he knows that there are many challenges ahead facing the club.

"Next season will be our third successive campaign in the Championship," he said.

"Clearly our aim is to put forward a sustainable plan for this club to be challenging to make a return to the Premiership.

"It is very easy to make glib soundbites but that is not my style. There will be no false promises or guarantees.

"This is our final year of the parachute payment from the Premier League and clearly we have to manage our revenues very carefully.

"That in no way diminishes our desire to be successful and with Rob at the helm we feel we have assembled a strong, progressive squad of players capable of growing with the club.

"We must, however, continue to be realistic about our expectation levels. This football club has experienced a roller-coaster ride in the past few seasons.

"A period of stability is crucial to our development and we must balance our desire to be successful on the pitch with prudent housekeeping in which our costs are matched to our revenues."

Taylor paid tribute to supporters for the backing they have given the club.

He said: "Our supporters have been marvellous. One of the most impressive memories of this season for me is the way in which the fans have rallied around in recent weeks and helped the players produce some great results.

"Recently we took 1,800 fans to the Luton game and we had an above average gate for the Friday night televised game against Crystal Palace. The atmosphere must have lifted the players' performance."

The new chairman also paid tribute to Jim McCahill for his stewardship of the club over the past three years.

He said: "Jim has been a source of great support to me over the past weeks and months.

"He has been a great chairman and a great ambassador for the club. He is a passionate and dedicated supporter and we all owe him a great debt of thanks during his term as chairman.

"Jim still has a tremendous amount to offer to the football club and I am delighted I and the board can continue to call on his expertise in his role as deputy chairman."

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~816197,00.html

What do people think? Nice to see the chairman giving a more active role, and possibly a more important appointment than the one of Kelly - however I'm a little confused by his ambition, he says he wants us back in the Prem, then he says we need some seasons of stabilitiy and 'realistic expectations'...?

I sure there'll be better but that's just about the most bland and uninspiring statement I've ever read from a chairman. Wasted opportunity.

What did you really expect him to say? How much difference would a different statement make anyway?

As far as I'm concerned as long as the chairman takes a more proactive approach and supports our manager I'll be happy.

Just a question but what does a chairman actually do? I'm Tim Davies the Chief Exec does all the business stuff (I believe) so what did Jim MacCahill actually do, and now this Andrew Taylor!????

This has been talked about elsewhere but deserves it's own thread.

Announcement of new chairman (posted on Kelly thread): http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~816204,00.html

What do people think? Nice to see the chairman giving a more active role, and possibly a more important appointment than the one of Kelly - however I'm a little confused by his ambition, he says he wants us back in the Prem, then he says we need some seasons of stabilitiy and 'realistic expectations'...?

Not sure how it's confusing, if any one of us took over we would want to see the team promoted. BUT... after recent events the financial points cannot be overlooked and the long term future of the club comes first.

It's the clubs way of saying we have no money.

Taylor is taking a more 'active' role I believe, he will paid a salary (which McCahill wasn't) and will probably take over some of Davies's jobs.

So Tim has a new chairman who will takes some of his duties and a new right hand woman.

The question is.... what will Tim be doing? Will he be taking a pay cut if he has less duties?

What did you really expect him to say? How much difference would a different statement make anyway?

As far as I'm concerned as long as the chairman takes a more proactive approach and supports our manager I'll be happy.

Inspiring statements from leaders have made a massive difference throughout history.

I sure there'll be better but that's just about the most bland and uninspiring statement I've ever read from a chairman. Wasted opportunity.

Actions speak far louder than any words, I will judge him on his performance and the merits of the work he carries out, not on making bullsh1t speeches. Anybody can talk a good game, Levein ring any bells, this guy has to be judged on how he takes the club forward on and off the pitch. As an ex CEO and Chairman of McDonalds, I would imagine he is a dynamic and forward thinking man, lets not look for reasons to criticise before he has even started his new role.

Actions speak far louder than any words, I will judge him on his performance and the merits of the work he carries out, not on making bullsh1t speeches. Anybody can talk a good game, Levein ring any bells, this guy has to be judged on how he takes the club forward on and off the pitch. As an ex CEO and Chairman of McDonalds, I would imagine he is a dynamic and forward thinking man, lets not look for reasons to criticise before he has even started his new role.

Can't wait to have a 'Happy meal' at the ground!!! Mmmm Steak and Kidney Pie, cuppa tea, Yorkie and a toy!!! :P

Let's give this guy a chance before we start slagging him off. Two positives for me is that he is clearly a dedicated fan and more importantly as a CEO of a major multi national he has managed at a very high level. Look at the sheep, investigations into their directors taking bungs and financial mis-management on a grand scale. Whereas we appoint a seasoned executive with a proven track record and have a board that run the club with genuine concern for it's welfare. Good luck Andrew (& Rob!) :thumbup:

Who's disagreeing? But don't underestimate the value of inspiring words. Churchill was a classic example whereas Levein never talked well about anything and this was quite possibly at the core of his failure. He was a lousy communicator and seemed to be a lousy man-manager - the two being closely linked in many cases.

I notice that he was at Maccys during the time that they were having a slump in sales...

Anyway, cant see it having much of a change. Its just part of media relations etc with supporters. My question and thought is that this move was planned ages ago but they used the appointment of Kelly as the best time to advertise it!

So? We were talking about leaders and football related. There was only one public leader at Shankly's Liverpool.

Well why don't you go and be the Public Leader at leicester that way you can do everything right for the club and all our problems will go away. :thumbup::P

I notice that he was at Maccys during the time that they were having a slump in sales...

Anyway, cant see it having much of a change. Its just part of media relations etc with supporters. My question and thought is that this move was planned ages ago but they used the appointment of Kelly as the best time to advertise it!

Yes. It has been in the process of happening for a while now apparently. I don't know about it not making a difference though, he's getting paid so he should make a difference.

Archived